Shiavo: It's Come To This:

JetCane

I don't understand how we can let this man starve her to death. Her parents want to take care of her,He would rather starve her to death then let her parents have her back? Why?

Just imagine you child's future husband/wife starving your kid to death for insurance money. WTF is wrong with the country?

People go to jail for starving animals.

Now i need Teflon for my kids?

Notebook

Pencils

Looseleaf paper

Bullet Proof Vest

WTF is going on here?

I think either the world is just to complex for me to fully grasp or people have lost their minds.

I don't understand how we can let this man starve her to death. Her parents want to take care of her,He would rather starve her to death then let her parents have her back?

Just imagine you child's future husband/wife starving your kid to death for insurance money. WTF is wrong with the country?

Notebook

Pencils

Looseleaf paper

Bullet Proof Vest

WTF is going on here?

I think either the world is just to complex for me to fully grasp or people have lost their minds.

This deserves POST OF THE DAY.

Smiz...very moving. :(

I don't understand how we can let this man starve her to death. Her parents want to take care of her,He rather starve her to death then let her parents have her back?

Notebook

Pencils

Looseleaf paper

Bullet Proof Vest

WTF is going on here?

Hunny doesn't get the cash if Terry stays alive.

2 things jump, off the page at me and scream insanity.

1.He doing this for $$$

2. She is STARVING to death!

Where am I ?

Did i go to sleep and wake up in Coo Coo land? How the **** can STARVING anybody be an option in america?

These crazy ******* people want to throw Lara Flynn Boyle in jail for starving herself!!

I don't get it? Did i miss something here?

If i was her father ,id kick down her front door and shoot the husband and put the tube back in myself and then go to jail and let m y wife take care of her.

that pic was so funny i almost pooped my pants.

excellent work

with that said, it doesnt mean we are making fun of Tery.

anyhow, in the begining i was in full support of her dying. now, i realizxe she is just being starved to death. if she was euthanized, it would sit better with me

smizzy, i never heard about the $$$ thing. maybe he is a good guy and he is going through a lot of crap. I have life insurance, so if my wife "dies" and there was no living will and i was fighting to let her die as was her wish, then an accusation like that one would get me pretty pissed off. but then again, makybe he is a scumbag.

anyway, thats a great pic. poor terry, she is staring with that look of a crazed ferret and GW is on the prowl

did i say that the pic was great?

Starving someone to death is an option but stem cell research is not?

This poor woman should have been allowed to pass away a long time ago in a dignified manner. I do not EVER wish my wife or family having to deal with me like that. This is prompting me to get a living will.

Ever seen One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest or Million Dollar Baby? I need a Big Chief or Clint Eastwood to help me if I ever end up like that poor woman.

Heres how you can tell that the libs are demented:

To them, Terri cant starve to death soon enough...they are almost gleeful watching this unfold. But the ACLU-types will take up for Scott Peterson before he gets the needle and the state of FLA wont execute dirtbag John Couey who killed Jessica Lunsford after having his disgusting way with her.

I'm not sure how much more of this sh*t I can take

you know whats f!cked up?

I was driving home from my guitar players house and i saw a sign that said "murder in progress" so i was intrigued and i turned and there it was....the TS vigil. so, i said f it and parked my car and took a stroll. It was wierd, i was tweaked to begin with and i just walked through the whole scene, looking at all the somber crazies and the hospice in back of me. some freak was in the woods banging on an indian drum and howling like an cheif.

it was sad and surreal

I agree guys...it's crazy how he, meaning the husband, claims Terry wouldn't want to live that way. How the "vegetative state" she's living in is inhumane and mean...but I guess starving her to death is better and the right thing to do. It's a trip. I hate to see anyone suffer like that. If she wasn't responding at all then maybe I can see him removing the tube and can even agree with the "vegetative state" sh*te. But to see her attempt to speak and move that tube removal is not good. I think the husband also may be tired of watching her "suffer"...I as a family member of someone dying or "suffering" know that that can be a trying experience. And for him to see it for the last 15 years, maybe he cant take it anymore. But he doesn't have to be bothered. Let her parents care for her. They seem more than willing to do so. I pray for her family. They are gonna need all the prayers they can get.

I'm not5 sure what the husband's story is. I have heard that he has now fathered children qwith another woman and moved on with his life. Apparantly he is due the insurance payout now which seems why he is doing this which is f-ed up. If his wife told him she didn't want to be sustained like this, they should have pulled the plug long ago.

That being said, I-as a mirried man have made it very clear to9 my wife that I have no desire to live like a vegetable. I want the plug pulled if that's what it comes to. I have made that very clear to my family as well, thus avoiding the whole situation. I'm 28 years old, but still realize the importance of stating my intentiions through a living will. I also realizde the need to have a last will and testament, regardless of what your assets are.

I'm not5 sure what the husband's story is. I have heard that he has now fathered children qwith another woman and moved on with his life. Apparantly he is due the insurance payout now which seems why he is doing this which is f-ed up. If his wife told him she didn't want to be sustained like this, they should have pulled the plug long ago.

That being said, I-as a mirried man have made it very clear to9 my wife that I have no desire to live like a vegetable. I want the plug pulled if that's what it comes to. I have made that very clear to my family as well, thus avoiding the whole situation. I'm 28 years old, but still realize the importance of stating my intentiions through a living will. I also realizde the need to have a last will and testament, regardless of what your assets are.

Your good Boozer...Im so chicken sh*t to write a living will or a last will in testament. But I will at least tell those close to me what my wishes would be if I ever meet with that kind of a fate. And thats hard to say cause I want my family to fight for my life, but I dont want them to watch me suffer or hold on to my wishes when there is clearly nothing left that can be done. This whole situation makes you think alot if nothing else.

hey for your information i was reading the suday paper here and it said that there is NO INSURANCE $$$$ involved.

I dont know where you guys got that info, maybe you are right and the paper is wrong but ill tell you what, all you do gooder-lecturing types shouldnt bad mouth the husband until youve spent some time in his shoes. 15 years is a long time. if terri really didnt want to live that way ( i wouldnt....boozer you said you wouldnt) then is he not honorable to do what she asked him to do as her representative?

I agree the starving thing is wierd/wrong but if that is what she wanted, and she sure may have said that, then blaming the husband who lost the best years of his life is a stretch.

hey for your information i was reading the suday paper here and it said that there is NO INSURANCE $$$$ involved.

I dont know where you guys got that info, maybe you are right and the paper is wrong but ill tell you what, all you do gooder-lecturing types shouldnt bad mouth the husband until youve spent some time in his shoes. 15 years is a long time. if terri really didnt want to live that way ( i wouldnt....boozer you said you wouldnt) then is he not honorable to do what she asked him to do as her representative?

I agree the starving thing is wierd/wrong but if that is what she wanted, and she sure may have said that, then blaming the husband who lost the best years of his life is a stretch.

What puzzles me is this...

Why was he was so interested in honoring her "wishes" but ignore his vow of "until death do us part" by shacking up with another woman and fathering her 2 children shortly after his "beloved" WIFE fell into her coma?

Why not just divorce her? There HAS to be insurance money involved. That is the only way the above mentioned makes any sense.

Well I said that exact same thing Dick...I have no clue what could motivate the husband to want this. But if these were her wishes why not honor them...oh say 13 or 14 years ago. why the strong sense of doing what she wants now?....Either he's ready to move on and doesn't have the heart to say so or divorce her. Or he may just be tired like I stated. He may have really tried and is now tired of seeing her live like this. I try not to say anything bad about him cause I know how he may be feeling right now. Had that same experience last year with my cousin and it didn't last nearly that long. But I could understand what may be going on with the husband...but it's just a big mess, such a situation to be in.

Let us say for arguments sake that there isn't an insurance policy for the husband. Put yourself in the same predicament. My wife does not have a living will (I keep telling her to do it) but has told me her wish is to be kept alive for a year with the hopes that either some treatment advance or miracle wakes her up. That's fine with me and as her husband I will respect her wishes. Now god forbid something happened and I convey this to my inlaws, or even if SHE conveyed it to my inlaws, I absolutely know 100% for a fact that they would fight me tooth and nail on it. Her mother would never let it happen and would do anything in her power to stop me. I, not wanting to create a major battle, decide to respect the mother's wishes and allow her to stay alive.

A few years go by and I finally decide to move on with my life. The woman is by nearly every account dead save the fact that machines are doing the work for her. It is apparant she will never have a coherant thought again, and can't possibly be living a happy life like that. I still would obviously have feelings for my wife, but in a manner as if she passed years ago. For all intensive purposes SHE DID. 15 years later, still having thoughts and happy memories of my wife, I decide enough is enough and that I owe it to her to follow through on what her original wishes were. I consider what the family is doing to her as equal to desecrating her grave. If she had her original wishes as conveyed to me, she would be allowed to die naturally years ago and move on to the afterlife which is her belief.

After all this is said and done, am I a horrible man for following her wishes, or would I be a horrible man for ignoring her wishes and caving in to the pressure her family put me under? You tell me.

Archived