Jets Falcons Preview Thread

I believe this game comes down to our offense vs their defense. Does Zach have time to throw or is he under pressure? If he has time, he will pick them apart.

The other side of the ball, Matt Ryan is a good QB but for some reason, I'm still like meh. Must be his face.  

Overall, I watched some of the WFT Falcons game and if their QB can put up points, Zach should be able to put up points. Our defense is also better than WFT and that's a fact. Our defense is really good. We should be favored in this game but I am happy we are not. Only way we lose is if we beat ourselves.

As I said in another thread, with the travel, this is a great test for Saleh. Will they come out flat or jet lagged? Will they be motivated to get the win before the bye? I'm excited to get the answers. 

I'd like to see a short pass offense something like what the Patriots did on Sunday night so we can have a better TOP and give our rookie Qb a better chance to win. Not to say you couldn't mix in longer plays he's a better long threat than the Patriots rookie Qb. A lot of it depends also on the Jets running game. If they can open up holes for these guys it will be much easier on Zach. But I'd be conservative until he proves he can be more consistent and take on a bigger role. Remember most quarters he has been ineffective. It would also be a good test on our defense if they are not on field most of the time. 

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

I believe this game comes down to our offense vs their defense. Does Zach have time to throw or is he under pressure? If he has time, he will pick them apart.

The other side of the ball, Matt Ryan is a good QB but for some reason, I'm still like meh. Must be his face.  

Overall, I watched some of the WFT Falcons game and if their QB can put up points, Zach should be able to put up points. Our defense is also better than WFT and that's a fact. Our defense is really good. We should be favored in this game but I am happy we are not. Only way we lose is if we beat ourselves.

As I said in another thread, with the travel, this is a great test for Saleh. Will they come out flat or jet lagged? Will they be motivated to get the win before the bye? I'm excited to get the answers. 

I'm shocked by how bad WFT's defense is, like, shocked.  With all that talent.  Chase Young doesnt have a sack on the season after 4 games, which is just wild to me.

Anywho, I agree, I think it's how they handle the trip across the pond.  It's good Saleh has done it a few times.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Drums said:

What has Zach done so far to make you think he will pick them apart? I see him beating them on a couple long balls, but haven’t seen him really pick a team apart. Looking forward to it. Can’t wait!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What has Zach done so far to make you think he will pick them apart? I see him beating them on a couple long balls, but haven’t seen him really pick a team apart. Looking forward to it. Can’t wait!

Because it look like the light went on in the 2nd half of last weeks game.  He definitely picked the titans apart in OT to drive down the field.

And are we now using Zach's great plays against him as if those dont count?  Come on man.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Because it look like the light went on in the 2nd half of last weeks game.  He definitely picked the titans apart in OT to drive down the field.

And are we now using Zach's great plays against him as if those dont count?  Come on man.

Not at all. He made some great chunk plays. Rest of it was pretty sporadic. As of now it just seems to me he’s more likely to smack a team with some big gains not those long extended scoring drives. He certainly looked better in the second half so let’s hope it continues. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not at all. He made some great chunk plays. Rest of it was pretty sporadic. As of now it just seems to me he’s more likely to snack a team with some big gains not those long extended scoring drives. He certainly looked better in the second half so let’s hope it continues. 

He did lead two 10+ play scoring drives against Tennessee.  The scoring drive in the second quarter was 11 plays, including 2 of 2 on 3rd down.  The drive in OT was 13 plays, including 3 for 3 on 3rd down until the bootleg that didn't work on 3rd and goal at the 1.  I thought we saw a little bit of everything (good and bad) out of him on Sunday.  Another slow start and he missed some easy throws that could have put the game away late, but he also led two prolonged scoring drives and made some big plays.  Not bad for a guy starting his 4th NFL game. 

Like you said, lets hope it continues.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This seems like the worst defense they've played so I do believe Zach has the ability to play much better against them, especially if the offensive line gives him time. I don't know if he'll all of a sudden clean up all those easy throws this week but at the same time, he's made some good throws in the first three games but the WRs dropped them. Last week they started catching stuff and I think that will hopefully happen again this week. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lith said:

He did lead two 10+ play scoring drives against Tennessee.  The scoring drive in the second quarter was 11 plays, including 2 of 2 on 3rd down.  The drive in OT was 13 plays, including 3 for 3 on 3rd down until the bootleg that didn't work on 3rd and goal at the 1.  I thought we saw a little bit of everything (good and bad) out of him on Sunday.  Another slow start and he missed some easy throws that could have put the game away late, but he also led two prolonged scoring drives and made some big plays.  Not bad for a guy starting his 4th NFL game. 

Like you said, lets hope it continues.

40 minutes ago, Drums said:

This seems like the worst defense they've played so I do believe Zach has the ability to play much better against them, especially if the offensive line gives him time. I don't know if he'll all of a sudden clean up all those easy throws this week but at the same time, he's made some good throws in the first three games but the WRs dropped them. Last week they started catching stuff and I think that will hopefully happen again this week. 

Alright, looking forward to Sunday morning. 

7 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Spoken like a true Gase fan.

If Adam Gase were the problem you think he was we wouldn't be 1-3 right now, we'd be 3-1.

I'm pulling for Zach, who isn't, and last Sunday was a lot of fun.  But I'm not foolish enough to fall for the New Jersey Yankees like that.  When Zach isn't hitting home runs we have the most anemic offense in the NFL.  We can't run the ball.

SAR I

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Not at all. He made some great chunk plays. Rest of it was pretty sporadic. As of now it just seems to me he’s more likely to smack a team with some big gains not those long extended scoring drives. He certainly looked better in the second half so let’s hope it continues. 

He only passes for Touchdowns?

licensed-image.thumb.jpg.5c9e83aab3b9d7b9a8613b8dc2d987f6.jpg

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Adam Gase were the problem you think he was we wouldn't be 1-3 right now, we'd be 3-1.

I'm pulling for Zach, who isn't, and last Sunday was a lot of fun.  But I'm not foolish enough to fall for the New Jersey Yankees like that.  When Zach isn't hitting home runs we have the most anemic offense in the NFL.  We can't run the ball.

SAR I

No we cant. Agreed. But at least Saleh isnt on the bench during the game playing Madden with his tablet.  

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets can't run the ball.

The only Jets offense this season has been high risk home run type at bats from our rookie QB.

Could be 3 TD's, could be 3 INT's.  I'll go with the latter.

SAR I

yeah but isnt that what your suppose to do when you cant run, throw it over there heads?

that would have killed the SOJ, but now we have a QB that can overcome that.  and i think that helps us in the future. teams now see that Zach can beat them deep so they have to stop loading up the box. 

shocked to see you back so soon. shouldnt you be on a Yankee board demanding Boone and Cashman get fired? 

i always laugh at people who want Cashman gone. missed the playoffs 4 out of his 25-26 years and they want him gone..lol

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yeah but isnt that what your suppose to do when you cant run, throw it over there heads?

I am all for exciting quarterback play and throwing the ball, that’s essential modern offense for the modern NFL, I get it. But without a running attack Zach is going to be exposed against better defenses and that’s going to be a problem down the road.  Let’s not get the kid killed or lose confidence. Let’s try to stop the roller coaster and figure out a way to run the ball.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

shocked to see you back so soon. shouldnt you be on a Yankee board demanding Boone and Cashman get fired? 

No, I don’t want Cashman to get fired. But I do want him to stop depending on the home run and pick up some guys who are really good slap singles hitters and base stealers.  And I never want to see Gary Sanchez in pinstripes again.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Something has to give. Our last place scoring offense against their last place scoring defense. Both teams struggle running the ball and defending the run. Ball security is key. I don't see as many sacks coming like last week. I would appreciate our defense get about three turnovers giving us short fields to score if they are unable to score themselves. Our focus should be how to contain Patterson. Another slow start perhaps but will overcome with strong finish. The defense will help keep things close while Mickey figures it out. Unleash Zach in the second quarter while each team is figuring things out. Let's see which team overcomes the adversity of their practice week altered.

Ok, we head across the pond to face the Atlanta Falcons who are 1-3 coming off a loss to the WFT. Their one win comes against the NY Giants. 
It should be noted the Falcons lost their punter and their nickel corner Issiah Oliver to injuries on Sunday. Rookie Avery Williams will slide into to replace Oliver. 
Initial Thoughts?
Atlanta running game has been anemic but they still have this guy named Matt Ryan. How do we feel about this matchup? 
Will our offense continue to roll? 
Lets get the W. Discuss Jets Falcons. 
If they are truly one dimensional as you say? I would only keep 7 in the box. Commit both of our Safeties to bracket both of their wideouts. I'm also aware Matt Ryan isn't exactly the most fleet of foot, so if you crunch the pocket? That's probably right where he'll be.

On offense, I'd like to see Zach just execute the plays that are called. Play boring football as they say. The Falcons won't be expecting that. No one has ever seen Zach just follow the script. He's too young and too new. Have Lafleur design a game plan that takes advantage of what the defense gives them. So long as the Jets defense keeps up their end of the bargain, that should be enough to seal the win.....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 10/6/2021 at 7:23 AM, kevinc855 said:

Ok, we head across the pond to face the Atlanta Falcons who are 1-3 coming off a loss to the WFT. Their one win comes against the NY Giants. 

It should be noted the Falcons lost their punter and their nickel corner Issiah Oliver to injuries on Sunday. Rookie Avery Williams will slide into to replace Oliver. 

Initial Thoughts?

Atlanta running game has been anemic but they still have this guy named Matt Ryan. How do we feel about this matchup? 

Will our offense continue to roll? 

Lets get the W. Discuss Jets Falcons. 

To me, this is the type of game where the Falcons defense comes out with a great game plan, executes it and ends up playing really well. 

The question will be can the Jets keep the Falcons offense at bay enough to pull out a close win. To be honest I'm mostly concerned with Pitts and Hurst, the two TEs who Ryan loves to target. Especially in the red zone and when things break down.  

Again, this will be a game where, if the Jets defense plays well and Zach limits turnovers. The Jets should be able to squeak out a Win.  

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:
not sure who is lining up at receiver for the falcons this week. But i think our odds just got better

Only other WRs on their active roster are Olamide Zaccheus, Tajae Sharpe, Christian Blake and Frank Darby.  Plus Keelan Doss and Juwan Green on the PS.  Not exactly a murderer's row of a depth chart.

Probably means a ton of targets for Kyle Pitts, Hayden Hurst, and Cordarrelle patterson who is now an RB.

• Upvote 1