John. Franklin. Myers.

20 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Big payday coming in 2022

JD should try to get him extended sooner rather than later. If Saleh agrees, I guess would be the one thing to consider other than $$$ 

Our D missing... Carl Lawson, Jarad Davis, Marcus Maye and Lamarcus Joyner is playing pretty well and they are pretty young. Could be something special if we were at 100%.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You know, he was a small school favorite of mine a couple years ago - drafted him in our JN mock, and so I should probably allow myself to celebrate this guy being on the Jets and recognize that we do sometimes get players I covet (even if it was his second team)… instead of always just bitching about who we don’t draft/get

I don't believe it.  He's not a TE!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

He's been one of Douglas' best acquisitions. Agree with everyone we should extend him.

Not sure whether Lawson will ever be the same but this defense is built around pass rushers. We should stack them -- keep the guys we have and continue to add.

EDIT: Just looking at his Wiki -- dude strip sacked Tom Brady in the Super Bowl as a rookie. That's some pretty cool trivia.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It really needs to be before 2022.

I agree. And with Saleh's need for high motor rotating DL for this system, you'd hope that JD can get an extension signed during the season.  Especially with Fatukasi's contract ending this season. Can't lose them both.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

One of the things I was really looking forward to this season was JFM sliding to DT on passing downs and the Jets rushing with Carl Lawson, Q, JFM and Huff. It would have been glorious. 

Add another edge with a top pick next year through the draft. Let the sacks begin.

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Gase is blamed for nothing other than being a poor coach. 

Until Robert Saleh wins 8 games, that's not true.  Gase was a good coach for a broken roster.  Getting 7 wins out of a third string QB, Samononucleosis, and 16 players on IR was actually a fine accomplishment.  The backups and scrubs played hard for him.

SAR I

On 10/7/2021 at 9:23 AM, Stark said:

JD should try to get him extended sooner rather than later. If Saleh agrees, I guess would be the one thing to consider other than $$$ 

Our D missing... Carl Lawson, Jarad Davis, Marcus Maye and Lamarcus Joyner is playing pretty well and they are pretty young. Could be something special if we were at 100%.

Well done sir. 

• Sympathy 1