THREE ASTERISKS Rams vs. Seahawks THREE ASTERISKS

ZachEY

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Wilson will play the rest of the way. I think if Wilsons right arm fell off he would learn to throw with his left. A dislocated finger is not going to stop him

Wilson is a gamer, but if the injury is as bad as some are making it seem he may not be able to throw a football for a few weeks. By the time he comes back the team could be out of playoff contention and he has already said he wants out of Seattle so what is his incentive to play through any kind of injury on a team that is 4-7? He could come back and then miss more time later in the year with a minor injury.

This team with Geno Smith at the helm is going to implode.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Was this every really a contract for more than 2 years?  2-years, 32M, essentially, no?  Let Blitz Boy parade around as the highest paid safety and shut him up?  The question will be, will they pay him 18M, or take the roster spot and -3M in 2023.

Will Pete Carroll still be coaching at 72? That’s really his only chance to see any of that big money. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Rare instance where both parties are sort of right.

You guys were right that Jamal got huge trade compensation and a huge contract.

80 and co (myself included) were right that Jamal is trash, a liability, and that that compensation was dumb and a disaster for the Seahawks.

All that said, I looked at the Seahawks remaining schedule.  I don't see us getting a Top 10 pick from them - just hoping for no playoffs.

Pick 14-18 should be a sweet spot for a TE or Interior Lineman.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Wilson is a gamer, but if the injury is as bad as some are making it seem he may not be able to throw a football for a few weeks. By the time he comes back the team could be out of playoff contention and he has already said he wants out of Seattle so what is his incentive to play through any kind of injury on a team that is 4-7? He could come back and then miss more time later in the year with a minor injury.

Seattle has a bye in 3 weeks.  I think Wilson is back 11/14 vs Packers

33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't  think that will happen but damn, would that not be sweet for the Jets. 

Love ya Jamal. Karmas a bitch. 

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

Look even if that’s true we end up with what a pick between 14-19?

14 teams out of 32 make the playoffs.

If the Seahawks miss the playoffs, worst case is #18, which is a good spot for a Tight End or interior lineman.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I miss when PFF swore we had two of the top 5 coverage safeties in the league in our 27th ranked pass defence. 

The sad truth is that both things can be true.  PFF is terrible when it comes to accounting for positional importance.  Adams did fairly well at covering the least important offensive opponents. 

Jamal Adams was good here at things that don’t matter.  Like being the world’s greatest VCR repairman in 2021.  And now he’s not even good at those things.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Dude, this is unhealthy behavior.  I've never seen anyone so obsessed with celebrating their wrongness.

On the other side, part of my rightness I see is paying off, that pick is looking juicy, you should be celebrating that fact, much easier on your constitution.  JD is a G. 

Jamal Adams sucks.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Oh ok if it’s just a finger he’ll play....even if it affects his level of play he’ll still start. I’m thinking it was a bit more serious 

I could easily be wrong here, but I don’t think he can throw a football with his throwing hand middle finger in a splint for up to 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

CBS just released their 2022 mock draft and they do not have a tight end going in the 1st round.  Could you imagine if we could get Jalen Wydermyer in the 2nd round?

Honestly, I'd rate him a high 2, late 1.

I watch all the aggie games, he's big but doesn't have elite speed, more of a classic tight end who can block and work the middle of the field.

He's real good, and I'd love to have him

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least JiF showed up.  No sign of @Pac or @Larz

I've been ignoring the @s.  No reason to continue this bizarre waltz with you.  Literally everything i said would happen did and everything you predicted was woefully inaccurate.

I dont care what Adams looks like this season.  Hes a perennial all pro safety for the Seahawks.  I stopped paying attention after his history making year last year.  If you get your rocks off bashing him go for it but don't expect me to care.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I've been ignoring the @s.  No reason to continue this bizarre waltz with you.  Literally everything i said would happen did and everything you predicted was woefully inaccurate.

I dont care what Adams looks like this season.  Hes a perennial all pro safety for the Seahawks.  I stopped paying attention after his history making year last year.  If you get your rocks off bashing him go for it but don't expect me to care.

Jamal Adams sucks, and his "perennial" run of vaunted 2nd Team All-Pro appearances ends permanently this season.  He'll be an afterthought in the NFL by 2024.  Just as I and many others predicted.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Lmao 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Your  timing  is impeccable. Well done!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

You’re a perennial All-Pro.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Receiver fell down.

Also, I was just joking with you.

And on his TD the CB froze and left his man wide open.

Look, this is all a defense mechanism. I am being dead serious here -- if Geno Smith looks like a competent QB and starts winning football games that combined with Sam Darnold will make me have a serious review of my fandom of this team. We've already established just how rare a garbage QB is ever anything but pure garbage. If the last 2 Jets homegrown QBs become 2 out of like 5 guys in NFL history, what is the point of rooting for this team?

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

And on his TD the CB froze and left his man wide open.

Look, this is all a defense mechanism. I am being dead serious here -- if Geno Smith looks like a competent QB and starts winning football games that combined with Sam Darnold will make me have a serious review of my fandom of this team. We've already established just how rare a garbage QB is ever anything but pure garbage. If the last 2 Jets homegrown QBs become 2 out of like 5 guys in NFL history, what is the point of rooting for this team?

I don't think we need to worry about that.  Though, the question still holds, as Zach is a mess, and the team looks as far from a championship as it's been over the last 10 years.

But, you're seeing what Sam Darnold is, when the entire gameplan isn't dump off to CMC and make a few plays here and there.  And Geno, I never thought he was the disaster that some did, but he's also not a top tier QB in waiting.  The Seahawks are going to send us a high draft pick to ultimately disappoint.

7 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don't think we need to worry about that.  Though, the question still holds, as Zach is a mess, and the team looks as far from a championship as it's been over the last 10 years.

But, you're seeing what Sam Darnold is, when the entire gameplan isn't dump off to CMC and make a few plays here and there.  And Geno, I never thought he was the disaster that some did, but he's also not a top tier QB in waiting.  The Seahawks are going to send us a high draft pick to ultimately disappoint.

There's basically no chance of Geno looking like a starter over significant sample sizes. Someone on one of his many stops in the league would've seen this potential.

But it's also usually a bad idea to bet against anything that adds to the Jets Fan Pain Index.