5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Are they letting him take the trip to London?  Not a cheap ticket.

SAR I

There’s such a thing as economy, you’ve probably never heard of it but it’s cheaper than 1st

33 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Why is he being interviewed ? He does not play . He's a non-story at the moment .

He was a 2nd round draft pick barely a year ago playing WR on a team that hasn’t been able to generate anything on offense …the fact he does not play under those circumstances is a story

• Upvote 3

Never saw him play in college, but when I learned that his YAC in college was something like 1 yard, it set off a red light in me. What does that mean? That he doesn't get separation, that he's catching sideline passes all day? It's just weird. It's like Ken O'Brien never having a rushing t.d. in his career. It means that guy is wired wrong somewhere.

Mims when he gets his chances is going to be Great!

I genuinely believe that and I’m backing him now when the man’s chips are low so that when he succeeds big time my joy will be that much sweeter….. :) 

Let’s Go Jets!

• Upvote 4
11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When the conspiracy against you is so thick that you don’t even know there’s a conspiracy against you.

He literally admitted he needs to learn the playbook. There are things you don’t see on a stat sheet. He needs to get his head straight. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, JetBlue said:

You noticed that too.  What a Dick and that there is no pun intended. 

they buildem up to knock them down.  cimini maybe a little more subtle than maneesh was.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

He was a 2nd round draft pick barely a year ago playing WR on a team that hasn’t been able to generate anything on offense …the fact he does not play under those circumstances is a story

when was the last time a jets second round wr succeeded?  stephen hill?  devan smith? jace amaro (te)?  or a second round pick at any position?  ducasse?, hack? geno? let's hope mims (and moore) don't catch the second round flu and not work out.

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

when was the last time a jets second round wr succeeded?  stephen hill?  devan smith? jace amaro (te)?  or a second round pick at any position?  ducasse?, hack? geno? let's hope mims (and moore) don't catch the second round flu and not work out.

Yeah Smith kind of flew under the radar and was injured and just busted. Hill got some press but was also terrible…Mims is getting a lot of coverage from Jets fans for a guy who’s just a bust. It happens. Albeit way more for the Jets but it happens. 

11 hours ago, doitny said:

he is still not going to play.

Davis Cole and Crowder are the starters. and after they played last week they should get every snap it they can. 

Mims and Moore will just have to wait.

Moore will get on the field.

In my heart of hearts I truly believe that the organization is trying to build this kid up the right way. He seems like a truly nice kid with physical traits and the raw talent to show flashes in the NFL. However, raw talent only gets you so far in this league and I think Saleh and JD know that and are trying to build him into the type of player to sustain a long career rather than a two catch a game flash -in -the-pan type of player. I'm rooting hard for this kid and hopefully when we are a good team, we'll have a home grown monster.

• Upvote 3
12 hours ago, Drums said:

Rich Cimini was trying reeeeally hard to create some drama. Really hard.

Cimini is the WORST.

I really wish the NY media was more supportive of their teams, but the underlying theme in this city is to fuel negativity and create divisions so you can get a story. It goes all the way back to Richard Todd and the NY Post writer Steve Serby.

Other teams don't have to deal with this constant negative theme.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

After hearing Mims press conference, I am totally OK with how the Jets have handled this thus far. The kid is talented and if he works hard, they will make him part of the game plan. This coaching staff doesn't play guys based on potential. They make everyone earn their playing time. They are not interested in guys who flash, they want guys who know their job and put it out there on every play. This ultimately could be very good for Mims. There is no reason for him not to beat out Cole for the other starting wideout spot if he puts in the work. I am really looking forward to the day the Jets can go 5 wide with Davis, Moore, Crawford, Mims and Cole. Have the Jets ever had 5 WR with as much talent as these guys?  

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Moore doesn’t just line up in the slot though. He also lines up on the outside. 

give Moore time, he’s going to flash sooner than later. Zach had him wide open for a long gain and possible TD in the NE game and threw a poor pass that forced Moore to catch it going out of bounds.

Wilson was awful in that game, it happens. Was his 2nd start. As Wilson gets comfortable, Moore will flash 

i agree. i like Moore.

but just like with Mims he cant get plays cause of his draft status. if Davis, Cole and Crowder play like they did last week then Moore is the one getting 10 snaps and Mims probably doesnt even suit up.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

After hearing Mims press conference, I am totally OK with how the Jets have handled this thus far. The kid is talented and if he works hard, they will make him part of the game plan. This coaching staff doesn't play guys based on potential. They make everyone earn their playing time. They are not interested in guys who flash, they want guys who know their job and put it out there on every play. This ultimately could be very good for Mims. There is no reason for him not to beat out Cole for the other starting wideout spot if he puts in the work. I am really looking forward to the day the Jets can go 5 wide with Davis, Moore, Crawford, Mims and Cole. Have the Jets ever had 5 WR with as much talent as these guys?  

Id agree with this if Smith wasn’t activated over Mims. That’s the main aspect of this drama that hasn’t made sense to me and has frustrated me. Mims does deserve to be activated for games over guys like that, come on.  

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, doitny said:

i agree. i like Moore.

but just like with Mims he cant get plays cause of his draft status. if Davis, Cole and Crowder play like they did last week then Moore is the one getting 10 snaps and Mims probably doesnt even suit up.

I like Moore but have you seen him try to run block? It’s bad. He needs to get better at that in this offense. Especially on the outside. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Drums said:

Id agree with this if Smith wasn’t activated over Mims. That’s the main aspect of this drama that hasn’t made sense to me and has frustrated me. Mims does deserve to be activated for games over guys like that, come on.  

Smith is a gunner on the punting team

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Smith is a gunner on the punting team

True, and as long as our offense produces I couldn’t care less who was playing 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i agree. i like Moore.

Oh, definitely agree. But remember he had a big camp and has consistently looked great in practice. I think you will see Moore spell both Crowder and Cole - overall, he will get meaningful snaps. I agree that Mims will probably continue to be inactive. 

The other thing is - we all know more injuries are coming and Crowder has a history of being banged up. I'm just glad we finally have some nice WR depth. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, definitely agree. But remember he had a big camp and has consistently looked great in practice. I think you will see Moore spell both Crowder and Cole - overall, he will get meaningful snaps. I agree that Mims will probably continue to be inactive. 

The other thing is - we all know more injuries are coming and Crowder has a history of being banged up. I'm just glad we finally have some nice WR depth. 

exactley!

and thats why you dont trade Mims like some here want to. we need him to back up. and if he sits the whole year so be it. look at JFM. if took a few years but now he is breaking out.

i guess thats why the experts say it take 3-4 years before you can evaluate a draft properly.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, doitny said:

i guess thats why the experts say it take 3-4 years before you can evaluate a draft properly.

Not in Maccagnan's case.  You knew on draft day those classes sucked sh*t.  Only Macc pick I prematurely called a bust was Quinnen Williams.  

• Upvote 1

My biggest concern with Mims is the chance that JD kept him on the roster over the coaches’ objections due to his draft pedigree, and they’re responding to that by making him a healthy scratch or otherwise not involving him. Really hope that isn’t the case. I really liked Mims in that draft and this year has been a major disappointment. He just seems like a guy they’d want on the field in short yardage/red zone situations. Even if he’s struggling with the playbook or his route running, he’s still a big target with a huge catch radius. The kind of guy who’ll catch a contested ball. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Are these press conferences going to be weekly for the rest of the year? 

I certainly hope so.  I'm here for it.  Part of freeing Denzel is letting him have a platform to air his grievances, as needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/8/2021 at 3:38 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Why is he being interviewed ? He does not play . He's a non-story at the moment .

Apparently not. That is why he was being interviewed.