2022 Draft Order tracker

Rhg1084

Just for everyone's reference -- that's not correct. The Eagles only get the Colts 1st round pick if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps and they make the playoffs, and if they make the playoffs it obviously won't be a top ten pick. I think this is just a mistake by tankathon.

You are correct!

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Just for everyone's reference -- that's not correct. The Eagles only get the Colts 1st round pick if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps and they make the playoffs, and if they make the playoffs it obviously won't be a top ten pick. I think this is just a mistake by tankathon.

There are 2 separate conditions for the Eagles getting the Colts first pick. They are separate and do not need to occur together:

1. Wentz plays at least 75 percent of Indianapolis' offensive snaps.
  2. Wentz plays at least 70 percent of Indy's snaps, and the Colts make the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I hope we win the next 2 games, just to end these kinds of threads during the regular season.

F' the draft till the season is over.

I want us to win too.  It’s Seattle who I hope loses.  That’s what makes it fun.  

These threads will continue as long as the Seahawks continue to pile up losses.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

True.

I just found this on a Seahawks board.   https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172261

There are a few threads, Jamal is a liability in coverage. Apparently this poster 12th and loud was trying to warn them about this last year. Interesting.

no mystery there.  adams couldn't cover the netter te's like gronk.  he was used more as a small lb and was good in blitz situations.  good riddance to a pretty one dimensional player.

7 hours ago, Trotter said:

There is something really disturbing about this. Electricity out in his home? No mirrors? The shoes? 

If that is how you are showing up to the game - you need to back it up on the field. He was not even close.  

maybe he was coming from KAH - RAH - TAY practice and didn't have time to change.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hell no. We got the QB, we have no reason to root for losses again. That part is over. It’s time to function like a normal fan base and root for wins like you’re supposed to do. JD can find someone around pick 15-20 and when you add in the Seattle pick, the two 2nds & two 3rds...it really makes no sense to want to lose.  I want to go to the playoffs every year from now on.

I totally agree agree that our goal should is to go to the playoffs every year. I just think we're looking 2022/23 or 2023/24 before that is a real expectation. "[F]unction like a normal fan base?" You do realize you're talking about the Jets fanbase, right?

I love your attitude though. 

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

There are 2 separate conditions for the Eagles getting the Colts first pick. They are separate and do not need to occur together:

1. Wentz plays at least 75 percent of Indianapolis' offensive snaps.
  2. Wentz plays at least 70 percent of Indy's snaps, and the Colts make the playoffs.

I stand corrected. Not a great trade for the Colts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I totally agree agree that our goal should is to go to the playoffs every year. I just think we're looking 2022/23 or 2023/24 before that is a real expectation. "[F]unction like a normal fan base?" You do realize you're talking about the Jets fanbase, right?

I love your attitude though. 

Trust me, I know how you feel. I went thru that phase where I wanted us to lose every game twice. Once in 2018 with Darnold and last year’s debacle, I was all in on the tank. I was extremely upset when we beat CLE & LAR last year. Raiders & Pats game scared the hell out of me, I just think we’re in a solid place now that we have a QB. We’re in a place where even though we aren’t there yet, we don’t have to tank on purpose anymore. I think the only good reason to tank on purpose is to get your QB. Once you have him, build, build, build and try to win the second his rookie contract begins to tick away. I think we have enough picks to take a solid crack at both goals. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pssst, Max, you’re focusing on the wrong thing here!

Thanks to Jamal Adams and Russell Wilson’s mangled finger, we might actually end up with a top 5 pick without having to tank!

I just hope JD nails those two 1st round picks regardless of how high they are in the first round.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trust me, I know how you feel. I went thru that phase where I wanted us to lose every game twice. Once in 2018 with Darnold and last year’s debacle, I was all in on the tank. I was extremely upset when we beat CLE & LAR last year. Raiders & Pats game scared the hell out of me, I just think we’re in a solid place now that we have a QB. We’re in a place where even though we aren’t there yet, we don’t have to tank on purpose anymore. I think the only good reason to tank on purpose is to get your QB. Once you have him, build, build, build and try to win the second his rookie contract begins to tick away. I think we have enough picks to take a solid crack at both goals. 

Ever since we drafted Zach, I've thought we got the right guy. He has all the physical and mental talents. And he handles himself well all in all. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly.  At some point a young team has to lear how to win.  I would much rather have a team that improves throughout the season, goes 6-11 and picks 10th, than go 3-14 and pick 3rd.  I have been all aboard the tank in past years, but not this year.  Time to start to learn how to win.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

If Russ needs to miss any time I don’t see Seattle winning any of their games. That defense is an embarrassment 

No all that rooting for losing is over now...

Look around, the rebuild had entered a dif phase. Its about winning now....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Trade down if Seahawks pick is top 5 and get a bunch of 2-4th round picks to rebuild the line. Imagine turning Jamal into a top G and C? 

I don't think next year is the year to trade down unless someone badly wants to move up for a QB.  We have two 1sts and two 2nds available.  That's plenty of ammo to upgrade the OL, especially after having used back to back 1st rounders on OL already.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

IMO if we land a top 5 pick (ours), I would select Michigan's EDGE Hutchinson if Oregon's Thibodeaux is off the board. Can't have enough pass rushers. We shouldn't need a LT or QB. Even though Seattle has to endure Wilson's injury I don't see them landing ahead of us. Their QB will return this year. With the lower first I would select North Carolina State's  Center Ekwonu or Alabama's TE  Billingsley depending on how the board shapes up. If we have a high second then whatever position that was left in the first round goes next.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think next year is the year to trade down unless someone badly wants to move up for a QB.  We have two 1sts and two 2nds available.  That's plenty of ammo to upgrade the OL, especially after having used back to back 1st rounders on OL already.

Trade down because the value won’t be there in the top 10. Thibodeaux is likely going 1 overall and after him there’s a bunch of very good edge prospects into round 2. Other than that the best players are all positions we don’t need/ can’t value too highly. Trade back get capital for the next draft and still be in good position to add depth. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

I wonder if JD would be willing to move back in the draft with either first round pick, for a first round pick in 2023. I can get used to having two 1st round picks every year. 

I think itd be a no brainer, especially since we don’t need a QB. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think itd be a no brainer, especially since we don’t need a QB. 

Agreed! Either that or make a trade for a star receiver. Bills made the move for Diggs, cardinals made the move for Hopkins, browns made the move for OBJ, etc. Not sure who the player would be but get Zach a legit #1 game changing receiver