I remember arguing with people who tried telling me he was “ a game breaking safety”  😂😂 how fitting Jamal gets dragged on TNF a few hours after we extend an actual difference maker. **** him 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
32 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I remember arguing with people who tried telling me he was “ a game breaking safety”  😂😂 how fitting Jamal gets dragged on TNF a few hours after we extend an actual difference maker. **** him 

He can be game breaking.

Breaking the team he’s playing for.

• Upvote 2
54 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He is just incredibly awful. Maybe since he has been paid it's all about not getting hurt for him. He is a good part of the reason their defense is so terrible,.

• Upvote 1

The Jamal Adams trade was one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history - you can’t say enough about what Douglas did in that trade.

Question - why aren’t the Seahawks blitzing Adams more? That’s the one thing he’s great at. He’s always been meh or worse in coverage. He’s a good tackler, but you have to be at safety. The one thing he did really well here was generate some pressure on his blitzes and he always played well around the line of scrimmage.

Why did Seattle invest all of these crazy resources in a safety and then not commit to letting him play to his strengths? Did they really think he was some elite ball hawk? Because there was never a shred of evidence for that. On paper, he never fit Pete’s system - so I always assumed they were going to switch things up and let Adams play around the line of scrimmage and do his thing.  I just don’t get what the Seahawks are doing. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

In all honesty they should be using him like they did last season but they aren't - still the eye test says he sukks right now for sure!

But if you use him like that, he gets hurt.  So blitzing him 8+ times per game puts their $70M Safety at risk of dealing with his 3rd straight year with a multi-game injury.

No-win situation for Seattle.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The Jamal Adams trade was one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history - you can’t say enough about what Douglas did in that trade.

Question - why aren’t the Seahawks blitzing Adams more? That’s the one thing he’s great at. He’s always been meh or worse in coverage. He’s a good tackler, but you have to be at safety. The one thing he did really well here was generate some pressure on his blitzes and he always played well around the line of scrimmage.

Why did Seattle invest all of these crazy resources in a safety and then not commit to letting him play to his strengths? Did they really think he was some elite ball hawk? Because there was never a shred of evidence for that. On paper, he never fit Pete’s system - so I always assumed they were going to switch things up and let Adams play around the line of scrimmage and do his thing.  I just don’t get what the Seahawks are doing. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But if you use him like that, he gets hurt.  So blitzing him 8+ times per game puts their $70M Safety at risk of dealing with his 3rd straight year with a multi-game injury.

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, I mean, I never bought that Adams was some game-breaking safety and would not have given up one 1st rounder for him, let alone two.

I’m just saying, regardless of risk, if you are going to make that kind of investment in a player, you have to go for it and let Adams be Adams. Otherwise, the trade makes no sense by default.

Of course, the trade made no sense for Seattle, regardless 

• Upvote 4
10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Right, I mean, I never bought that Adams was some game-breaking safety and would not have given up one 1st rounder for him, let alone two.

I’m just saying, regardless of risk, if you are going to make that kind of investment in a player, you have to go for it and let Adams be Adams. Otherwise, the trade makes no sense by default.

Of course, the trade made no sense for Seattle, regardless 

The minute he got paid their priority was keeping their investment healthy.  Thus, less blitzing.

And of course we know his entire value these days comes from blitzing.

Catch-22 for Seattle.  Absolutely nonsensical trade and contract for that org, but they got duped.  Hook, line and sinker.  JD >>> Schneider/Carroll (front office/personnel version of Carroll).

• Upvote 1

Might as well get a little something from him than absolutely nothing. They’re better off getting 5 sacks from half a healthy season than a full season with him letting receiver run free everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
37 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Might as well get a little something from him than absolutely nothing. They’re better off getting 5 sacks from half a healthy season than a full season with him letting receiver run free everywhere.

Maybe so, but would he even get 5 sacks in that scenario?  He's blitzed 13 times so far this season and has 0 Sacks, 0 QB Hits, 0 QB Knockdowns, 0 QB Hurries, 0 QB Pressures and just 2 TFLs. 

Seems to me offenses might have him figured out, just as many of us thought they might after seeing how he was used last year on tape.

Maybe so, but would he even get 5 sacks in that scenario?  He's blitzed 13 times so far this season and has 0 Sacks, 0 QB Hits, 0 QB Knockdowns, 0 QB Hurries, 0 QB Pressures and just 2 TFLs. 
Seems to me offenses might have him figured out, just as many of us thought they might after seeing how he was used last year on tape.

No, I was being kind 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'll never complain about the trade, but obviously what comes of it will really define how it's remembered down the line.

If AVT lives up to the potential and next year's ends up being a high pick and, more importantly, one they hit on, all while Adams continues to look like Adams looks, this is the kind of trade that could get talked about for years to come, in the mold of Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type deals.  Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2