Mallet Finger Deserves It’s Own Thread

5 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Hope Danger-Russ takes the time he needs to heal up to 100%.  No need to rush causing permanent damage and he can enjoy time with his scorching hot wife. Health is wealth brother 

- Yours Truly,

Every Jets fan

Interestingly, she said she kinda likes his finger like that.

GIF by Kings of Con

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

After not-wishing injuries & poor play & non-recovery on others' players all these years, where has it gotten us?

What on earth are you talking about, do you even read the forum you moderate?

Jets fans have, in my experience, been some of the most hateful (in terms of wishing injuries or worse on opponents) around.

I say I hope Wilson doesn't recover until next season, that Geno plays worse than he did for the first dozen games of 2014, and the locker room fully turns on Jamal Adams.

In the interest of trying new things, I'm sticking with that.

FWWStoygsbY9bLritVfsTgx%2BfRzJpAkE=&risl

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

I don't remember you rooting for your BFF - Michael Vick.    ?

I didn't.

I'm not arguing for "not rooting".

I'm arguing for not hoping other teams players are hurt real bad or that they get hurt and miss the maximum amount of time.

As usual, I'm on an island here with that take with this crowd.  /shrug

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll remind everyone of that Sunday evening after Zachy breaks three fingers. :unsure:

I'm the furthest thing from being a religious man, quite the contrary, but I do believe in karma conceptually.  

Draft slot positions isn't worth rooting for others to be hurt.

Then again, I also don't boo or root against people mostly, only for people, so maybe I'm just a clueless Hippie at heart.

This actually fascinates me, because I think you are a guy that gets it as much as anyone. What does that mean, "conceptually"? What force is there that determines "bad behavior" and uses it to change unrelated future outcomes as a sort of punishment? Can Zach Wilson suffer an injury as the price to pay for something some other dude wrote on a message board? Is that really all about that dude? Genuinely interested in your thoughts 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Y'all hold an unhealthy grudge against players who didn't work out here. 

For real. 

C'mon man, give us a break.  All we have is schadenfreude.  If this franchise had had a modicum of success the last decade+, we'd all care a lot less. 

Plus, most of our ex-players are total d*cks, so f*ck them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JetPotato said:

This actually fascinates me, because I think you are a guy that gets it as much as anyone. What does that mean, "conceptually"? What force is there that determines "bad behavior" and uses it to change unrelated future outcomes as a sort of punishment? Can Zach Wilson suffer an injury as the price to pay for something some other dude wrote on a message board? Is that really all about that dude? Genuinely interested in your thoughts 

We humans are defined by our own contradictions, my friend.

Unquestionably, there is no science of any kind to support karma (or any concept similar to it, like luck).  There are no rewards for doing good, there are no penalties for doing bad, beyond what we men, and our individual conscience, impose upon each other.  While I was raised a Catholic, I dropped that faith the day I turned 18 and never looked back, because I've never believed in religion.

And yet.  

I was a baseball player for many years, and we baseball players are notorious for superstitions, and I was not exempt, lol.  Luck, karma, the balance of the universe, no science supports these things, and yet I "believe" in (or at leas try not to get in the way of) them.  I believe if someone drops a $100 bill walking down the street and doesn't notice, you hand it back to them, despite their being absolutely no reason to do so. 

No penalty, only benefit.  And yet,

Same way I believe you just don't root for people to be hurt, get hurt, or to stay hurt. To whatever small blacked crisp that makes up my soul (lol), that just feels wrong.  

Perhaps it's just as simple as my frail and fallible human mind falling back on the concepts I was raised with as a child, the general gist of right/wrong taught (indoctrinated) by Catholicism, and perhaps I never fully lost my programming, and retain this little remnant, this contradiction, that I believe to some degree in luck and karma.  

Or maybe I just think rooting for bad things is a dickhead move only dickheads do?  Just like I think booing your own team is a dickhead move.  Positivity over negativity.  Funny, that, coming from me, lol.

With that said, I'm certainly ok with wanting Seattle to lose so our pick is better.  Contradictions I guess.

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Umm all Jets fans should since the Jets own Seattle’s first rounder?

Yeah okay I get that now. I should have made myself more clear I said in a different thread that my phone broke and I wasn't on the site for a few days and it was like being gone for 10 years lol.

I was in full-blown panic mode I lost my pictures, contacts, the screen didn't work it was leaking black stuff like Venom. I bought a brand new phone and it was so new they hadn't shipped any protective cases for it yet. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Unquestionably, there is no science of any kind to support karma (or any concept similar to it, like luck).  There are no rewards for doing good, there are no penalties for doing bad, beyond what we men, and our individual conscience, impose upon each other.  While I was raised a Catholic, I dropped that faith the day I turned 18 and never looked back, because I've never believed in religion.

And yet.  

I was a baseball player for many years, and we baseball players are notorious for superstitions, and I was not exempt, lol.  Luck, karma, the balance of the universe, no science supports these things, and yet I "believe" in (or at leas try not to get in the way of) them.  I believe if someone drops a $100 bill walking down the street and doesn't notice, you hand it back to them, despite their being absolutely no reason to do so. 

Same way I believe you just don't root for people to be hurt, get hurt, or to stay hurt. To whatever small blacked crisp that makes up my soul (lol), that just feels wrong.  

Perhaps it's just as simple as my frail and fallible human mind falling back on the concepts I was raised with as a child, the general gist of right/wrong taught (indoctrinated) by Catholicism, and perhaps I never fully lost my programming, and retain this little remnant, this contradiction, that I believe to some degree in luck and karma.  

Or maybe I just think rooting for bad things is a dickhead move only dickheads do?  Just like I think booing your own team is a dickhead move.  Positivity over negativity.  Funny, that, coming from me, lol.

With that said, I'm certainly ok with wanting Seattle to lose so our pick is better.  Contradictions I guess.

I mostly agree with you, although not sure it fits the traditional definition of karma.

Good deeds, like your $100 example are both selfless and selfish IMO. You do it (or conversely don't act like a dick) because you get some personal satisfaction from it. So this is a reward internally, even if it's just the joy you take from making someone else's day. Their joy is a bonus. I just don't get avoiding bad behavior because of a fear of some form of punishment (outside of what we have agreed to democratically as a society).

I think my general morality is driven by the realization that we are finite, random and meaningless, our time is extremely short, so might as well be as happy as you can be for all of it. And to me, I am at my happiest when I'm bringing joy to others. The rewards are whatever you take from it. When things out of your control don't go your way in life, it's silly to assign reasoning to it that doesn't exist. But that's just me. P.s. I was raised Catholic too and this is where I landed. I'm thankful. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

And yet.  

So if someone roots for a player to get hurt, wouldnt the bad luck be that the person rooting for the injury would be the one to get hurt?

Bringing in a random Jet player doesnt make sense.  If you root for an injury, then maybe you slip in the tub the next morning and break your arm.  Dont bring jet players into this witchcraft.

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

Y'all hold an unhealthy grudge against players who didn't work out here. 

For real. 

This player is far different than our normal leo williams, geno, or any other number of players.

He acted like a bitch when he was here.  He utterly fooled so many people that felt he was a great player.

He has earned the scorn and the grudge.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This player is far different than our normal leo williams, geno, or any other number of players.

He acted like a bitch when he was here.  He utterly fooled so many people that felt he was a great player.

I can guarantee that Jamal will  leave the same putrid stench on any team he's on.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bingo!

And Seattle fans already hold only scorn for Jamal already so who gives a f**k?  We gonna scold Seattle fans for it too when he’s playing for the Cowboys in 2024?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if someone roots for a player to get hurt, wouldnt the bad luck be that the person rooting for the injury would be the one to get hurt?

Bringing in a random Jet player doesnt make sense.  If you root for an injury, then maybe you slip in the tub the next morning and break your arm.  Dont bring jet players into this witchcraft.

Mysticism and superstition is rarely logical, lol.  /shrug

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

And yet.  

A very insightful self-assessment to say the least. To be perfectly honest I like this sort of conversation, I call it philosophizing. Usually taking place over a few cocktails maybe by a fire pit? I have no business speaking on religion because I don't think it's my place to tell anybody else what to believe, or whether what they believe is right or wrong. I do believe the age of reason should be raised significantly and there should be a period of self-reflection and individuals should study multiple religions and choose what is best for them.

That being said this is a simple argument, which is not a bad thing because the whole point is to come to a determination. I like to learn and I ponder these queries quite often. I've seen a few responses and everybody is pretty much right on, if only in their own words. I don't know if contradiction is the word I would have used, maybe more so conviction? The way I see it we all have our own little universe in our heads, and like Clint Eastwood said a man needs to know his limitations. LOL. Hence being able to look in the mirror and know that you have no guilt and you've done the right thing, gives you a clean slate basically on your deathbed which is where we are all headed to at some point.

The Arena by Teddy Roosevelt... Is something I have shown to all of my sons which again relates to a man's personal conviction. The other is The Man in the Glass which although it's been credited to an unknown author, I believe it's been traced back to the original AA meetings.

All are words to live by. None of us are perfect. You don't know wisdom until you realize you don't know s***!

Every time you think you got the answers, they change the questions.

Anyway that's my Peace.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1