View from Seattle

addage

Jamal is a good player at rushing the QB and laying a hit on the RB.

but i dont need my safety doing that. i got a front 7 for that. 

and Jamal sucks in coverage. he is not worth his money.

you know whats really going to be sad for you @addage and Seahawk fans after you dont make the playoffs you dont have a 1st rd pick to look forward to.

i remember last year after you guys lost i went to your forum and seen how upset you guys were. some at Jamel too. i remember a few guys were saying that with the #1 pick they could get so and so player only to be told they dont have one cause of Jamel. they got mad. i actually felt bad for them cause i know as a Jet fan thats its sucks to not make the playoffs...sucks a whole lot more not to have a #1 pick to look forward too.

1 hour ago, addage said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/10/7/22715862/jamal-adams-terrible-performance-2021-seattle-seahawks

Well I’ve hit that point that I hold a negative approval rating of both the coach and the general manager. I’m of the opinion that Jamal Adams has not been terrible or a net negative in terms of on-field performance. He arguably had his best game of this young season a few days ago against the San Francisco 49ers.

Against the Los Angeles Rams, Adams was arguably the worst player on the field. He was beaten for a touchdown by TE Tyler Higbee and on the drive prior, the game-changing play (other than the Russell Wilson finger injury) was him unable to make a play on Matthew Stafford’s deep pass to DeSean Jackson. What should’ve been a pass breakup even with the underthrow turned into a 68-yard gain on 3rd and long as part of a 96-yard touchdown drive.

No surprise in any of this.  But Seattle is a loyal town.  The team gets the benefit of the doubt.  Opinions are changing and there will be more pain to come.  Without a top level pass rush, JA gets exposed for his coverage skills.  As that becomes clear, the criticism mounts.

If JD hits on his picks--as he has done with AVT--this will go down as one of the worst trades in years.

12 tackles against San Fran is his best game of the year because he’s been abysmal in every other game. That’s certainly a good game for a strong safety or weak side linebacker but not sure it’s highest paid safety in the game good. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I would take Jamal on my team, if you schemed for him.   That is not the Jets current scheme.  He should be playing the Chancellor role.   But he is not worth what Seattle paid him.  

That’s fair but he doesn’t want to be on your team because he wants to be on a winner. Well winner when he got  there. Ummm, errrrr

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, section314 said:

As much as Vin Sculley, John Madden, Dick Enberg were national treasures, Buck is a national nightmare and embarrassment.

Just wait til the national media figures out they owe another 1st rounder to the "GD Jets" ?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, chirorob said:

To be the highest paid player in the NFL at your position, you should be impacting games on a weekly basis.  Causing turnovers, making plays for loss.   Not making a routine tackle 10 yards down the field.

I wouldn't trade a 7th rounder for Jamal if I had to also take on that salary.   At that money, he is a negative for any franchise, it is money that could be used on another player.

Yep, nothing not truth here. CJ Mosley comes to mind. The “new and improved” one even. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Agree, but when Troy Aikman gave Mac Jones credit for “hanging in there with the crowd in a hostile environment” last Sunday night …when the Patriots were playing at home…I almost wanted him to get checked for a concussion. 

LOL. Is like Boone’s presser after the Red Sox game saying how the rest of the AL is closing the gap on the Yankees.Almost passed out from laughing.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

LOL. Is like Boone’s presser after the Red Sox game saying how the rest of the AL is closing the gap on the Yankees.Almost passed out from laughing.

I still haven’t watched or read anything Yankees since I turned that last game off in the 5th inning because I’ve been so disgusted with them so thanks for the  quote from our hopefully ex manager.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, addage said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/10/7/22715862/jamal-adams-terrible-performance-2021-seattle-seahawks

Well I’ve hit that point that I hold a negative approval rating of both the coach and the general manager. I’m of the opinion that Jamal Adams has not been terrible or a net negative in terms of on-field performance. He arguably had his best game of this young season a few days ago against the San Francisco 49ers.

Against the Los Angeles Rams, Adams was arguably the worst player on the field. He was beaten for a touchdown by TE Tyler Higbee and on the drive prior, the game-changing play (other than the Russell Wilson finger injury) was him unable to make a play on Matthew Stafford’s deep pass to DeSean Jackson. What should’ve been a pass breakup even with the underthrow turned into a 68-yard gain on 3rd and long as part of a 96-yard touchdown drive.

No surprise in any of this.  But Seattle is a loyal town.  The team gets the benefit of the doubt.  Opinions are changing and there will be more pain to come.  Without a top level pass rush, JA gets exposed for his coverage skills.  As that becomes clear, the criticism mounts.

If JD hits on his picks--as he has done with AVT--this will go down as one of the worst trades in years.

you late to the party pal.

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I was suprised to see 2 of our past players starting for Seattle,  geno for Wilson and then Brandon shell playing RT 

Adams, Geno, Shell and they have our old head coach too! 

Get the surgery Russ!  

Think long term here man!  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, varjet said:

I would take Jamal on my team, if you schemed for him.   That is not the Jets current scheme.  He should be playing the Chancellor role.   But he is not worth what Seattle paid him.  

The chancellor role?  What is the chancellor roll, be actually good? Chanellor picked off passes, made lots of tackles but never blitzed a ton.  The one and only way jamal ever contributes is if he is given free reign to blitz 90 times year.  He is never been good at anything else.

Last year Seattle blitzed him every play, about the worst defense in the leuage

This year they are toning back on the blitzes, worst defense in the league.

He has made their overall defense worse at the cost of two 1sts and a 3rd and 17 million a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

Jamal is a good player at rushing the QB and laying a hit on the RB.

but i dont need my safety doing that. i got a front 7 for that. 

and Jamal sucks in coverage. he is not worth his money.

you know whats really going to be sad for you @addage and Seahawk fans after you dont make the playoffs you dont have a 1st rd pick to look forward to.

i remember last year after you guys lost i went to your forum and seen how upset you guys were. some at Jamel too. i remember a few guys were saying that with the #1 pick they could get so and so player only to be told they dont have one cause of Jamel. they got mad. i actually felt bad for them cause i know as a Jet fan thats its sucks to not make the playoffs...sucks a whole lot more not to have a #1 pick to look forward too.

Just an FYI. Lived in NYS 40+ years. NYC for 20 of them. I rooted for the Titans. Was mad when Werblin changed the name. 
Live in Seattle so watch the Hawks. 

• Upvote 1