View from Seattle

addage

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac and Larz.  Probably bitonti too if he still posted here anymore.

I think they are all in the same camp as far as Adams  had his run and like it or not made a couple pro bowls and all pros but I’d be surprised if they sailed that flag  now. No matter if we think he deserves it or not Prez had a nice run. 

The next chapter seems to be trending toward him literally becoming the eventual downfall of the Seahawks. If Wilson doesn’t come back from this injury and shoots his way out of town then we will have quite the bit to discuss. Maybe even Pete  Carols legacy and the entire front office? Planes, billboards and bus stop placards across from everyone’s favorite coffee shop! Oh my!

3 hours ago, juxsta said:

Oof, that tweet thread is brutal on ole Prez Mal........And I'm here for every bit of it!

Let's keep the party going shall we?

Jesus, that whiff on the goal line run against the Rams ... that wasn't even Pop Warner level of effort.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

Jamal is a good player at rushing the QB and laying a hit on the RB.

but i dont need my safety doing that. i got a front 7 for that. 

and Jamal sucks in coverage. he is not worth his money.

you know whats really going to be sad for you @addage and Seahawk fans after you dont make the playoffs you dont have a 1st rd pick to look forward to.

i remember last year after you guys lost i went to your forum and seen how upset you guys were. some at Jamel too. i remember a few guys were saying that with the #1 pick they could get so and so player only to be told they dont have one cause of Jamel. they got mad. i actually felt bad for them cause i know as a Jet fan thats its sucks to not make the playoffs...sucks a whole lot more not to have a #1 pick to look forward too.

So Adams = glorified Landon Collins?

8 hours ago, varjet said:

I would take Jamal on my team, if you schemed for him.   That is not the Jets current scheme.  He should be playing the Chancellor role.   But he is not worth what Seattle paid him.  

Ok let’s take it easy

Kam Chancellor was feared by WRs across the entire NFL when he played.  He was a ferocious tackler on top of being a great Safety.  Adams is neither 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think they are all in the same camp as far as Adams  had his run and like it or not made a couple pro bowls and all pros but I’d be surprised if they sailed that flag  now. No matter if we think he deserves it or not Prez had a nice run. 

The next chapter seems to be trending toward him literally becoming the eventual downfall of the Seahawks. If Wilson doesn’t come back from this injury and shoots his way out of town then we will have quite the bit to discuss. Maybe even Pete  Carols legacy and the entire front office? Planes, billboards and bus stop placards across from everyone’s favorite coffee shop! Oh my!

Carroll is a god in Seattle.  He has a lifetime mulligan for winning the Super Bowl

If I’m the Seahawks I try to dump Adams and his contract on some dysfunctional cluster organization.  Either Texans or Jags.  He’s a total liability in coverage and a salary cap drain

10 hours ago, addage said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/10/7/22715862/jamal-adams-terrible-performance-2021-seattle-seahawks

Well I’ve hit that point that I hold a negative approval rating of both the coach and the general manager. I’m of the opinion that Jamal Adams has not been terrible or a net negative in terms of on-field performance. He arguably had his best game of this young season a few days ago against the San Francisco 49ers.

Against the Los Angeles Rams, Adams was arguably the worst player on the field. He was beaten for a touchdown by TE Tyler Higbee and on the drive prior, the game-changing play (other than the Russell Wilson finger injury) was him unable to make a play on Matthew Stafford’s deep pass to DeSean Jackson. What should’ve been a pass breakup even with the underthrow turned into a 68-yard gain on 3rd and long as part of a 96-yard touchdown drive.

No surprise in any of this.  But Seattle is a loyal town.  The team gets the benefit of the doubt.  Opinions are changing and there will be more pain to come.  Without a top level pass rush, JA gets exposed for his coverage skills.  As that becomes clear, the criticism mounts.

If JD hits on his picks--as he has done with AVT--this will go down as one of the worst trades in years.

Arguably one of the league’s best fan bases. They rarely turn on players, coaches or the team. That’s about to change a bit I think.

Last place in the NFL’s toughest division and they just lost their franchise QB for 2 months. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Arguably one of the league’s best fan bases. They rarely turn on players, coaches or the team. That’s about to change a bit I think.

Last place in the NFL’s toughest division and they just lost their franchise QB for 2 months. 

The Seahawks were basically the Jets of the NFC until Mike Holmgren went there in the early 2000’s.  Carroll has a job until he wants to retire

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Dude, Pac JUST called Adams a "perennial All-Pro" in another thread yesterday.  Meaning he honestly thinks Adams will get there again this year.  Larz, meanwhile, laughed when someone suggested he's no longer good.  

And bitonti still thinks Dewayne Robertson was good so of course he's gonna fly the Jamal flag still.

• Haha 1