NY Jets: The Chris Herndon trade looks like an absolute steal

NYJ1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

You gotta be kidding me.  PLENTY of people were still blowing up Hendon's skirt earlier this year.   

your right i remember that...

when the final cuts where coming and people were making fun of me and DWC for wanting to give Yeboah a shot there were alot of people who wanted Herndon.

i kept bring up all the drop passes and couldn't believe that so many people trusted he wouldn't do that again.

he was horrible with that for half  of the year.

your right

• Like 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

JB blew it with Mims.  He had opportunities weeks ago, but passed on action.  At some point, Mims will be released and we'll get no compensation.

no, he will stay as a backup in case of injuries. we dont want a repeat of last year where Smith and Cager were starting for us.

next year he gets a chance to start again. i doubt Cole and or Crowder will be here. if he cant do that then you can trade him. he is only in his 2nd year of a 4 yr rookie contract with a 5th year extension. we got time with him

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, munchmemory said:

JB blew it with Mims.  He had opportunities weeks ago, but passed on action.  At some point, Mims will be released and we'll get no compensation.

First of all Mims blew it by not working himself into a starting WR.  Seriously, is he starting over Davis? No.  Cole?  No.  Crowder? No.  Elijah?  No.  So who Berrios, who played fill in at the slot?  

That said theyre not trading or releasing him.  They obviously like him, otherwise he would be gone.  Crowder wont be around next year and Cole has a one year deal. Now all he has to do is show theyre not crazy for believing in the talents he has and thinking it will eventually show in games

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Wonder what happened to this guy.  Maybe the status and money changed him.  He went from looking like a future star to looking like he might be out of the league next year.

Thought I was still in one of the Jamal threads for a second with this post until I realize who posted it.

What "happened to this guy" was he actually sucks who has now failed miserably with 3 different coaching staffs.  It's no big mystery.  And his failure in Minnesota is particularly egregious because he was handed a golden opportunity there.  The TE1 job was handed to him as well as a solid veteran QB.  He had an excuse under Gase because Gase sucks at using TE's, but then Saleh/Lafleur decided they had no use for him even with Tyler Kroft being rolled out as the TE1.  Perhaps Minnesota should have taken that as a hint that Herndon is terrible.

One decent rookie year didn't mean Herndon was a "future star".  Its no surprise he's a bust when Mike Maccagnan was the one who picked him.  At least Macc was fired in time and Joe Douglas arrived on the scene to clear out all the bad players and get good picks for them.  Otherwise a lot of these guys would have gotten extensions here, Herndon included.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Much like the Leo for a 3rd aka Ashyton Davis its not a steal till he hits on the pick

Slow down boys.....

That’s not true. 

Leo for a 3rd was the trade, the pick is the asset. 

what you do with that asset is a completely different story 

If you bought a crashed car fixed it up and sold it for a profit, but then took the money you made to buy losing lotto tickets does that mean the deal you made on the car is bad?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

For the record, my praise of Chris Herndon was from watching him play at the “U”. He was a beast and caught almost every ball that was throw even close to him.
An then, his rookie season with the Jets looked so promising. Hard not to think even through all his issues he would be able to get on track.
Whatever caused him to lose his way , I hope he finds it, because I’ve seen the talent he has. Yet,as many of you have pointed out, he did fall off a cliff. An for a Canes fan it’s hard to not want one of ours to becomes a successful Jet and enable to continue to watch that player grow.
This is the reason many here wanted to continue to support Chris and hope he turned it around. It’s like that for me with Berrios, he so reminded me of Wayne watching him at the Miami. Then to see him become a Jet and be successful against all the odds, is pretty damn satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

ALL of your post is true. And what I mean by that is he never did get a proper chance, bad coaching, etc., so on and so forth.

The ideas aren't exactly opposing. Herndon had a temporary flair of greatness and now we see he was a wasted 3rd rounder by a GM that might go down as the very worst in history.

It was time for Herndon to go. He'd warn out his welcome despite being treated like sh*t by the Jets anyway. Just like Sammy he needed new pastures.

The best part is Joe Douglas managed to recover way, way, WAY more than he should have....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

Pretty sure he wasn’t a 3rd round pick 

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

That’s not true. 

Leo for a 3rd was the trade, the pick is the asset. 

what you do with that asset is a completely different story 

If you bought a crashed car fixed it up and sold it for a profit, but then took the money you made to buy losing lotto tickets does that mean the deal you made on the car is bad?

Trading Leo for ashyton Davis was not a good move

analgoies to cars don’t change that