****OFFICIAL JETS VS FALCONS GAME THREAD/CONTINUE TO GET BETTER****

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Embarrassing loss. This is not a team we should lose to

I agree, but if you believe the jets are the worst team in the league, then this is not a shocker.  Disappointed certainly in how they wilted in the end, especially the Pitts post route and 3rd and long conversion after the false start.  Falcons didn't come to play either, they give this game away to 30 other teams besides us.

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

No as someone said earlier - they didnt deserve to win.  Very very very bad on all levels. QB, running game, DL, 2ndary, play calling etc etc etc .  Hard to even analyze it since there were so many mistakes. Just endless.  Saleh is looking as bad as Gase, and thats hard to do.

Not saying they deserved to win, but they could've. If the offense scores on just one of those failed drives, it could've been a different game.

Gase also had 3 years previous as a HC to get better. He didn't.

I'm not going to turn on Saleh after 5 games in his rookie season.

• Upvote 3

Cherry picking stats.  Look at the whole picture.  I’m not saying Wilson is the second coming.  I wanted them to stick with Darnold and build elsewhere.  But five games isn’t enough of a rehearsal to judge anything.

5 games plus his entire college career, which was a big fat nothing until his senior year against sh*t competition. If you’re going to take a QB from a 2nd rate college he needs to be the complete package physically and mentally. Strong arm, accurate, and smart on understanding defenses. This way the only thing they need to adjust to is the speed of the game (a mammoth adjustment in this case). And if they don’t have all those pieces they better be able to run. Zach’s accuracy is dogsh*t. He’s in Hack/Tebow territory with some of his throws. He has no idea what’s going on out there, in terms of play design and what the D is doing he’s ******* clueless. And he can’t run for sh*t. We needed to trade down, use the capital to continue shoring up the team and look to draft a QB next offseason. Now I’m just praying they have the balls to draft one again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

This team is going nowhere

thank God the Knicks are good and the Yankees are the Yankees.  The Jets are the most badly mismanaged team in North America and it’s not close

praying for Arch in 3 years

Yanks are definitely the Yanks.  Go nowhere for the last 13 years.  Then Cashman signs more home run hitters.

Yes, I have been a Yankees fan since 1962.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

He's throwing behind his receivers a lot because he's holding the ball too long during his progression reads. No rhythm with his receivers whatsoever.

Yes. I don't  believe their's  a legitimate excuse for it, though. He had a full camp to work withe these players.

2 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Last week, I preached not getting too high after a win. I believe that led to me being called a "Debbie Downer."

Now, if I preach not to get too down after this loss, I can imagine I will be burned in effigy.

What is that burning wood smell I’m getting…  ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Game was really hard to watch.

Zach Wilson looks bad on pedestrian NFL throws that 2nd string QBs make in their sleep.  Also, trouble with decision making on when to pull it down and run.  He's young, he's being tutored by a young staff, and he's got a very young team around him.  

What I really question:  Why this team doesn't have a veteran 2nd string QB to help both Wilson and LaFleur.  Wilson needs to be sitting for a few weeks, studying an experienced QB playing in this system.  Unfortunately, that's not possible.  That's on Joe Douglas.

And the defense was a total mess this week.  Heavy zone reliance against a veteran QB and a group of receivers who wouldn't win a lot of one-on-one matchups.  And that fierce front four just disappeared, including Franklin-Myers, who had 55 million reasons to take some time off.

Just ugly.  One step forward and two steps back.

Zach sucked but the defense was not good, at all.  Pitts was making plays at will.  And we aren’t even good against the run 

Watching other teams play the Falcons, there are receivers running wide open everywhere.  I am definitely not saying Zach didn't play terribly, but it certainly didn't look like we took advantage of their secondary like every other team in the league does.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, rtnelson said:

Watching other teams play the Falcons, there are receivers running wide open everywhere.  I am definitely not saying Zach didn't play terribly, but it certainly didn't look like we took advantage of their secondary like every other team in the league does.

The giants figured out how to lose to the falcons too though that was Joe Judge magic

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

they are terrible - they came in 1-3 they SUCK - just shows you how bad we are in all facets of the game.  Zach is like he's in kidergarten.  This is going to be a long long rebuild.