****OFFICIAL JETS VS FALCONS GAME THREAD/CONTINUE TO GET BETTER****

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I am constantly criticized about my support of Coach Gase.

That's fair.

That also means that I can use his name to defend said criticism and that everyone else is open to criticism for supporting his awful, regressing replacement.

That's fair too.

SAR I

Saleh's Jets being 1-4 (or 1-15) does not make Gase's Jets tenure better.  You will never be right about Gase, even if we lose the next 1,000 games.

If I actually thought you weren't 100% aware of that fact already, I might waste some time discussing it with you.  Like I would a child.

But we both know this is just schtick at it's schtickiest,  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I would guess Denzel has the highest yards per catch rate. Right? 

Yep!  The Week 5 numbers won't be loaded into the football reference database until tomorrow, but his current yards per reception thru 5 games, 24.3, would currently rank # 1 in the NFL ahead of the following (thru week 4 stats only):

• Quez Watkins (21.9)
  • Henry Ruggs (21.2)
  • Bryan Edwards (19.5)
  • Deebo Samuel (17.5)
  • Ja'Marr Chase (17.5)

Not only that, but he'd also be # 1 in the NFL in yards per target, at 18.3, ahead of the following:

• Quez Watkins (15.6)
  • Christian Kirk (13.6)
  • Bryan Edwards (12.6)
  • CJ Uzomah (12.2)
  • Tyreek Hill (11.9)
  • Henry Ruggs (11.9)
  • Ja'Marr Chase (11.9)

Once the updated Week 5 #'s are available I'll post a thread about it on Monday or Tuesday, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep!  The Week 5 numbers won't be loaded into the football reference database until tomorrow, but his current yards per reception thru 5 games, 24.3, would currently rank # 1 in the NFL ahead of the following (thru week 4 stats only):

• Quez Watkins (21.9)
  • Henry Ruggs (21.2)
  • Bryan Edwards (19.5)
  • Deebo Samuel (17.5)
  • Ja'Marr Chase (17.5)

Not only that, but he'd also be # 1 in the NFL in yards per target, at 18.3, ahead of the following:

• Quez Watkins (15.6)
  • Christian Kirk (13.6)
  • Bryan Edwards (12.6)
  • CJ Uzomah (12.2)
  • Tyreek Hill (11.9)
  • Henry Ruggs (11.9)
  • Ja'Marr Chase (11.9)

Once the updated Week 5 #'s are available I'll post a thread about it on Monday or Tuesday, lol.

Time to deactivate him. 

• Haha 4

We simply cannot start games like that, it’s suicide.

Falcons has so much possession in the opening 20 minutes and we had 0 first downs compared to their 14.

Defence got a lot more solid and Wilson found an arm, but god. We need to produce for 90 minutes.

There are some positives, and then some perspectives after last week.

No more London games please, cause the majority of those people in that stadium were not worthy. Didn’t even care about the game. Ugh.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ScouserJet said:

Falcons has so much possession in the opening 20 minutes and we had 0 first downs compared to their 14.

Defence got a lot more solid and Wilson found an arm, but god. We need to produce for 90 minutes.

No more London games please, cause the majority of those people in that stadium were not worthy. Didn’t even care about the game. Ugh.

You get rep for your username.  Saw that term a few years back in a Paul McCartney article.    You from Liverpool?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You know I would gargle your, strained and sanitized through UV technology, bath water.  But I just don't see it with Mims.  Sorry, boss.

That’s fair, but changes nothing, Dude may be the best receiver on this team and that’s not even a compliment to him my brother. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

Good post. While I'm disappointed in the loss, and the slow starts from the offense are frustrating, there were positives today. They fought their way back into the game. 

I said back in August that this team would struggle early on due to all of the inexperience on the team, and that has happened. I just want to see improvement as the season continues. I feel as though we're startng to see little bits of that.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Zach comes out and say slow starts are killing us, but I think he did it in a way saying it's really hard to come from behind, the NFL is too good wonwe have to get past that...

That my friends is shots fired...Zach telling lafluer to get his sh*t together 

I think he's saying he needs to get his stuff together.

Make better throws.  Don't drop catchable passes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Zach comes out and say slow starts are killing us, but I think he did it in a way saying it's really hard to come from behind, the NFL is too good wonwe have to get past that...

That my friends is shots fired...Zach telling lafluer to get his sh*t together 

He didn’t come across that way. He said it’s interesting how much more confident  the team plays in the two minute offense later in the game and they need to perform that way earlier.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Saleh's Jets being 1-4 (or 1-15) does not make Gase's Jets tenure better.  You will never be right about Gase, even if we lose the next 1,000 games.

No one cares about Adam Gase anymore, especially me.  He's just a strawman you throw out to avoid discussing the real issue.  

The conversation should be about Joe Douglas, who can't pick players, Robert Saleh, who looks to be worse than any head coach we've had since Rich Kotite, and Zach Wilson who may be the biggest bust since Browning Nagle.  Adam Gase salt is the least of anyone's problems right now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Alka said:

The singing of the National Anthem was the highlight of the game for me.

If you want to get an idea of where she was singing from ... have a watch of this video from the stadium web site:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/visitor-attractions/the-dare-skywalk/

The golden statue is what she was standing in front of. 46m above the field.

Not for the faint hearted. Plus the Red Arrows fly over would have been a LOT closer / louder up there!

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

The joke is on you.  Adam Gase was not a good head coach but he was not the Jets problem.  Your boy Joe Douglas, is.

SAR I

The difference as I see it ... last year the Jets would dig a three score hole, and stay there. Now we dig a three score hole, fight like fury to get out, but don't quite make it.

Progress, of sorts. ;-) 

• Post of the Week 1

The bye week could not have come at a better time. There is so much to learn from execution, coaching, and technique. Many are frustrated. Many are looking for answers. Many are placing blame everywhere. Rightly so. It looks discouraging when the staple of this team the defense, lets us down. Yes our offense can't get out of its' own way. One thing that Robert Salah mentioned last week in his presser that stuck in my head. He broke the game down by quarters. First quarter is game plan. Second quarter is feeling each other out. Third quarter is adjustments. And fourth quarter, everything is out in the open. Both teams know what the other team is doing.

This has stuck in mind the last couple of games. Since we script the first 15 or so plays to begin games, and rehearse these initial plays during walk through on Saturday, this falls more on the execution of said plays rather than the play calling. In my opinion, we must win the early downs to establish more runs and get into a rhythm. Take the pressure off the QB to make something happen. This appears to fall on the blocking technique of the OL and receivers. The most productive run plays whatever they are have to be put into the start of games. I haven't seen one trick play called.

This off week I would hope Zach and Mike sit down and go over 15-25 plays that Zach is the most comfortable with and start the game with some of those. Too much pressure is placed on the defense to keep them into games while the offense gets into a rhythm. The defense looked gassed from last week. So I expect them to return to form.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Atlantajet333 said:

The bye week could not have come at a better time. There is so much to learn from execution, coaching, and technique. Many are frustrated. Many are looking for answers. Many are placing blame everywhere. Rightly so. It looks discouraging when the staple of this team the defense, lets us down. Yes our offense can't get out of its' own way. One thing that Robert Salah mentioned last week in his presser that stuck in my head. He broke the game down by quarters. First quarter is game plan. Second quarter is feeling each other out. Third quarter is adjustments. And fourth quarter, everything is out in the open. Both teams know what the other team is doing.

This has stuck in mind the last couple of games. Since we script the first 15 or so plays to begin games, and rehearse these initial plays during walk through on Saturday, this falls more on the execution of said plays rather than the play calling. In my opinion, we must win the early downs to establish more runs and get into a rhythm. Take the pressure off the QB to make something happen. This appears to fall on the blocking technique of the OL and receivers. The most productive run plays whatever they are have to be put into the start of games. I haven't seen one trick play called.

This off week I would hope Zach and Mike sit down and go over 15-25 plays that Zach is the most comfortable with and start the game with some of those. Too much pressure is placed on the defense to keep them into games while the offense gets into a rhythm. The defense looked gassed from last week. So I expect them to return to form.

If the first quarter is game plan, and that’s when the jets suck the most on both sides of the ball, then that’s what needs fixing.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the first quarter is game plan, and that’s when the jets suck the most on both sides of the ball, then that’s what needs fixing.  

Agreed that this is the phase that is most in need of improvement (unless the plan is actually to dig a deep hole ;-) ).

I'm just not sure what Saleh means that Q1 is game plan - executing it? Figuring it out? By end Q1 yesterday Atlanta had had over 11 minutes of possession, 10 points, and we didn't even have a first down. So did we have a good plan and fail to execute it, or did the plan itself suck?