2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

It was my fault J9, I knew I shouldn't tune in to watch it live on TV, I was doing fine on the team's GameDay site and when they went ahead I said well maybe I can see it on Twitter and then got the brilliant idea to watch it on ESPN 46 games in a row they win while leading at that point and then Mister jinx decides to watch and POOF! It's the 2001 World Series again watching in NJ w/my cousins and friends and Gonzales loops a game winner over 2Base. I haven't watched a full Yankee game since that NIGHT! I promise I won't do it again you guys, sorry

I'd like to think that that stuff isn't true...but it IS!

4 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I'd like to think that that stuff isn't true...but it IS!

Tell me about it, I noticed they were on again and yes, I switched over and Stanton gets called out on 3 balls by a crooked or blind Ump I switched over to The Rockford Files to be safe and give us a chance

Pitching and defense lost the last 2 games....

I love Kiners approach at the plate but he's booted how many easy ground balls and simple throws to 1st base? Whenever he has time to think out there I hold my breath.

And the starters have come back to earth, as I predicted. 

Additions have to be made at the trade deadline. 

On 7/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Red Sox don’t belong on the same field as the Yanks. Donaldson is hot now the bats are destroying all opposing pitching 

ehhhh, I think they showed up.

Tough weekend, you got a split in Fenway, which is good.   Had a lead in all 4 games, which is tough way to get a split.

Chapman is 100% done.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Pitching and defense lost the last 2 games....

I love Kiners approach at the plate but he's booted how many easy ground balls and simple throws to 1st base? Whenever he has time to think out there I hold my breath.

And the starters have come back to earth, as I predicted. 

Additions have to be made at the trade deadline. 

You have a SS in AAA who is hitting 240 with double digit home runs.

You also have a CF prospect hitting over 300 with double digit home runs.   Why in the world is Florial still in AAA and Gallo is still on the MLB roster. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

ehhhh, I think they showed up.

Tough weekend, you got a split in Fenway, which is good.   Had a lead in all 4 games, which is tough way to get a split.

Chapman is 100% done.  

Sox definitely showed some fight in them coming back in those last 2 games. I thought they were dead for sure. And don’t be so quick to write off Chapman. He’s still hitting 101 on the gun 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Sox definitely showed some fight in them coming back in those last 2 games. I thought they were dead for sure. And don’t be so quick to write off Chapman. He’s still hitting 101 on the gun 

I 100% hope he can.   Right now, he is walking everything.   The playoffs are about bullpen, having an extra power left handed arm would be a huge asset, doesn't matter if it is in the 6th, 7th, or 8th. 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Hitting 100+ mattered when he was the only one doing it. Now it’s common and hitters are used to that speed. 

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Any of you want the Yankees to trade for Luis Castillo? What are you willing to give up?

I think he should be there #1 target. Not sure what type of compensation Cincinnati would want but Cashman should definitely try to get him

45 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Are you giving up Pedraza for him?

I mean listen, the Yankees need to win the World Series this year. Castillo can be penciled in as a game 2 starter come playoff time. Plus he’s only 29 years old and can be here long term. Peraza could very well turn out to be a good pro but we already have Volpe anyway at SS

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean listen, the Yankees need to win the World Series this year. Castillo can be penciled in as a game 2 starter come playoff time. Plus he’s only 29 years old and can be here long term. Peraza could very well turn out to be a good pro but we already have Volpe anyway at SS

I feel the same way. Now that Gleyber is back to playing well, there won't be a place for both Volpe and Pedraza on the major league team. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I feel the same way. Now that Gleyber is back to playing well, there won't be a place for both Volpe and Pedraza on the major league team. 

Exactly. I don’t want to see Taillon get any starts in a playoff series. The playoff rotation should be Cole Castillo Sevy Cortes. That should be a good enough rotation to win the World Series 

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Severino hurt.

Losing to the reds, IKF another bad throw error.

Bleh.

I was there last night. As good as things are, the Yankees definitely need another high end starting pitcher. Additionally, why even play Gallo at this point?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I was there last night. As good as things are, the Yankees definitely need another high end starting pitcher. Additionally, why even play Gallo at this point?

Playing Gallo when you have 2 outfielders in AAA hitting over 300 with decent power is straight up negligence.

Cashman should have called up Florial 6 weeks ago.  "You play, you have to the all star break to prove if you are an MLB hitter".  He did not do that, now they may make a trade, instead of just admitting Gallo is an effing waste and seeing what other options you have.  

Hicks has been much better lately, but he is dinged up (not his fault, just a fluke foul ball of his shin) but Hicks is ALWAYS hurt

• Upvote 1

Team falling back to earth. Everything I said would happen weeks ago.

Anyone in the minors besides Volpe can be traded.

Luis Castillo, Benintendi and a reunion with David Robertson. Dont worry about Beni in Toronto for 2 games in the postseason. Blue Jays wont even be there.

If the Yankees stand pat, they will have a hard time winning in October. Dont forget Houston is only 3 games behind them in the loss column. 

Best record in MLB needs to be the goal heading into October. Homefield advantage. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2022 at 6:36 AM, Barton said:

Clarke Schmidt should be doing spot starts for everyone in starting pitching staff besides Cole. Cortes, Taillon and Severino are all gonna need rest and Schmidt is pretty damn good out there. 

Severino getting rest now, strained latt.

Gallo and Higgy in the same lineup is death, I believe they said Gallo is hitting .070 over his last 22 games, Gallo is 4 for his last 55 or something, 1 of those being an infield squib single. 

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Team falling back to earth. Everything I said would happen weeks ago.

Anyone in the minors besides Volpe can be traded.

Luis Castillo, Benintendi and a reunion with David Robertson. Dont worry about Beni in Toronto for 2 games in the postseason. Blue Jays wont even be there.

If the Yankees stand pat, they will have a hard time winning in October. Dont forget Houston is only 3 games behind them in the loss column. 

Best record in MLB needs to be the goal heading into October. Homefield advantage. 

They won't beat Houston as this team currently stands.

• Upvote 1

These reports of the Yankees not willing to trade Peraza for Luis Castillo have to be a joke.

Then again, this is the same GM who prospect hugged his way into not acquiring Cliff Lee and Gerritt Cole too. Thinks every top prospect is a future hall of famer and doesnt seem to understand you have to give up good quality to receive good quality. Castillo is a legit #2 behind Cole for the next 3-5 years. AND THE YANKEES ARE A WIN NOW TEAM. wtf?

Not to mention, Peraza isnt even a top 25 prospect in baseball. Most have him well outside the top 50. I mean wtf. 

• Upvote 2