2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

22 hours ago, Barton said:

These reports of the Yankees not willing to trade Peraza for Luis Castillo have to be a joke.

Then again, this is the same GM who prospect hugged his way into not acquiring Cliff Lee and Gerritt Cole too. Thinks every top prospect is a future hall of famer and doesnt seem to understand you have to give up good quality to receive good quality. Castillo is a legit #2 behind Cole for the next 3-5 years. AND THE YANKEES ARE A WIN NOW TEAM. wtf?

Not to mention, Peraza isnt even a top 25 prospect in baseball. Most have him well outside the top 50. I mean wtf. 

I’ve always felt you’ve been a bit too pessimistic in this thread however youre spot on with this comment. Get Castillo in here no matter what

It's going to be health, like it is every year.

Does the bullpen burn out?   Can guys come back from injuries.   Can we please, for the love of all that is good, get Rid of Joey Gallo?  I don't care if he hit a HR in a 12-2 blowout, the guy is awful.

20 hours ago, chirorob said:

Beating Boston 2 of 3.

Boston keeps hitting Yankees.  This may get bad if the Yanks start hitting back.

They have clearly been hitting Yankees all year. Cora has always been a slime ball punk. Had Eovaldi plunk Rizzo 1 at bat after he hit a home run, several weeks ago. Yankees players know it too. Love the Red Sox players n coaxes fake sympathy after they plunked DJ yesterday. Completely fake reactions to cover up the hit job. Yankees need to get them back. 

That's about as bad a win as I'll ever see

Taillon looks shaky.   Chapman comes in throwing 99, but throws 2 wild pitches and hangs a slider for a 3 run home run.   King comes in a fractures his elbow, out for the year.  Holmes has to get a 5 out save, which at least he is able to do in only 18 pitches. 

Yes, I know their record is great, but they need probably 2 bullpen arms, and 1 more starting pitcher to compete in October.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's about as bad a win as I'll ever see

Taillon looks shaky.   Chapman comes in throwing 99, but throws 2 wild pitches and hangs a slider for a 3 run home run.   King comes in a fractures his elbow, out for the year.  Holmes has to get a 5 out save, which at least he is able to do in only 18 pitches. 

Yes, I know their record is great, but they need probably 2 bullpen arms, and 1 more starting pitcher to compete in October.

More pitching won’t matter though if they don’t get some more bats that can actually hit. Lack of clutch hitting is what’s killed us in recent postseasons. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

More pitching won’t matter though if they don’t get some more bats that can actually hit. Lack of clutch hitting is what’s killed us in recent postseasons. 

Stanton is in a terrible slump, you have to figure he'll come out of it.  Gallo has to go, Donaldson I'm not a huge fan of.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, chirorob said:

1 batter in for Monty and the ump is squeezing him.

I'm getting tired of umps not knowing the strike zone.  

These people would be a$$hole cops pulling you over for 4mph over if they weren't doing this instead. Extremely arrogant douchebags with an authoritarian complex and a union to boot. Robots can't come soon enough. 

• Upvote 1

Also, this jokey haha sh*t in baseball between opponents is kinda ridiculous. I'm not looking for 80's hockey fights or anything but these guys are literally just wearing laundry at this point, like Jerry Seinfeld said. 

54 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm happy they got Benintendi for peanuts. Any suggestions on where he should bat in the lineup? Leadoff?

I hope Luis Castillo is the next move. 

You could go DJ 1, Ben 2, Judge 3, Rizzo 4, although they love Judge hitting 2nd.

But it'd give you a real nice R, L, R, L ,R if you put Torres 5, Carpenter 6.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

You could go DJ 1, Ben 2, Judge 3, Rizzo 4, although they love Judge hitting 2nd.

But it'd give you a real nice R, L, R, L ,R if you put Torres 5, Carpenter 6.

I would swap DJ and BEN would be a nice . You could even lead off 1.Kiner-Falefa, 2. Ben 3. DJ 4. Judge 5.Rizzo

Red Sox trade Benintendi and acquire Franchy Cordero. Yankees acquire Benintendi yesterday, the same day Cordero makes three little league errors in a single game. Sox in last place.

That’s one silver lining after this woeful month. 

First time at Citi Field last night, by the way. Absolutely beautiful park. The energy was electric; it felt like a playoff game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Red Sox trade Benintendi and acquire Franchy Cordero. Yankees acquire Benintendi yesterday, the same day Cordero makes three little league errors in a single game. Sox in last place.

That’s one silver lining after this woeful month. 

First time at Citi Field last night, by the way. Absolutely beautiful park. The energy was electric; it felt like a playoff game. 

Hopefully you can visit again in October!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Are these rankings within the Yankee org?

Yep.

You never know how prospects will turn out, but it gets the Yanks a legit contact hitting left handed bat, and they didn't lose one of their top 10 prospects.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yep.

You never know how prospects will turn out, but it gets the Yanks a legit contact hitting left handed bat, and they didn't lose one of their top 10 prospects.

Really? I thought they were MLB's. If so, this is highway robbery by Cashman.

• Upvote 2