Jump to content

2022 New York Yankees


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Barton said:

These reports of the Yankees not willing to trade Peraza for Luis Castillo have to be a joke.

Then again, this is the same GM who prospect hugged his way into not acquiring Cliff Lee and Gerritt Cole too. Thinks every top prospect is a future hall of famer and doesnt seem to understand you have to give up good quality to receive good quality. Castillo is a legit #2 behind Cole for the next 3-5 years. AND THE YANKEES ARE A WIN NOW TEAM. wtf?

Not to mention, Peraza isnt even a top 25 prospect in baseball. Most have him well outside the top 50. I mean wtf. 

 

I’ve always felt you’ve been a bit too pessimistic in this thread however youre spot on with this comment. Get Castillo in here no matter what

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's going to be health, like it is every year.

Does the bullpen burn out?   Can guys come back from injuries.   Can we please, for the love of all that is good, get Rid of Joey Gallo?  I don't care if he hit a HR in a 12-2 blowout, the guy is awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, chirorob said:

Beating Boston 2 of 3.

Boston keeps hitting Yankees.  This may get bad if the Yanks start hitting back.

They have clearly been hitting Yankees all year. Cora has always been a slime ball punk. Had Eovaldi plunk Rizzo 1 at bat after he hit a home run, several weeks ago. Yankees players know it too. Love the Red Sox players n coaxes fake sympathy after they plunked DJ yesterday. Completely fake reactions to cover up the hit job. Yankees need to get them back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houston still owns us. Cashman needs to make serious moves at the deadline.

Also, why in the **** is Joey Gallo still on a professional baseball team? And ******* starting almost every day? **** these idiots.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's about as bad a win as I'll ever see

Taillon looks shaky.   Chapman comes in throwing 99, but throws 2 wild pitches and hangs a slider for a 3 run home run.   King comes in a fractures his elbow, out for the year.  Holmes has to get a 5 out save, which at least he is able to do in only 18 pitches. 

Yes, I know their record is great, but they need probably 2 bullpen arms, and 1 more starting pitcher to compete in October.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's about as bad a win as I'll ever see

Taillon looks shaky.   Chapman comes in throwing 99, but throws 2 wild pitches and hangs a slider for a 3 run home run.   King comes in a fractures his elbow, out for the year.  Holmes has to get a 5 out save, which at least he is able to do in only 18 pitches. 

Yes, I know their record is great, but they need probably 2 bullpen arms, and 1 more starting pitcher to compete in October.

More pitching won’t matter though if they don’t get some more bats that can actually hit. Lack of clutch hitting is what’s killed us in recent postseasons. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

More pitching won’t matter though if they don’t get some more bats that can actually hit. Lack of clutch hitting is what’s killed us in recent postseasons. 

Stanton is in a terrible slump, you have to figure he'll come out of it.  Gallo has to go, Donaldson I'm not a huge fan of.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, chirorob said:

1 batter in for Monty and the ump is squeezing him.

I'm getting tired of umps not knowing the strike zone.  

These people would be a$$hole cops pulling you over for 4mph over if they weren't doing this instead. Extremely arrogant douchebags with an authoritarian complex and a union to boot. Robots can't come soon enough. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, this jokey haha sh*t in baseball between opponents is kinda ridiculous. I'm not looking for 80's hockey fights or anything but these guys are literally just wearing laundry at this point, like Jerry Seinfeld said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So why exactly is Stanton on the DL? I still cant get over this guy hitting 2 home runs in the ALCS and then sitting out the next 2 elimination games because he had a sore knee, which never required surgery. And he was a frickin DH. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm happy they got Benintendi for peanuts. Any suggestions on where he should bat in the lineup? Leadoff?

I hope Luis Castillo is the next move. 

You could go DJ 1, Ben 2, Judge 3, Rizzo 4, although they love Judge hitting 2nd.

But it'd give you a real nice R, L, R, L ,R if you put Torres 5, Carpenter 6.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

You could go DJ 1, Ben 2, Judge 3, Rizzo 4, although they love Judge hitting 2nd.

But it'd give you a real nice R, L, R, L ,R if you put Torres 5, Carpenter 6.

I would swap DJ and BEN would be a nice . You could even lead off 1.Kiner-Falefa, 2. Ben 3. DJ 4. Judge 5.Rizzo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Red Sox trade Benintendi and acquire Franchy Cordero. Yankees acquire Benintendi yesterday, the same day Cordero makes three little league errors in a single game. Sox in last place.

That’s one silver lining after this woeful month. 
 

First time at Citi Field last night, by the way. Absolutely beautiful park. The energy was electric; it felt like a playoff game. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Red Sox trade Benintendi and acquire Franchy Cordero. Yankees acquire Benintendi yesterday, the same day Cordero makes three little league errors in a single game. Sox in last place.

That’s one silver lining after this woeful month. 
 

First time at Citi Field last night, by the way. Absolutely beautiful park. The energy was electric; it felt like a playoff game. 

Hopefully you can visit again in October!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Are these rankings within the Yankee org?

Yep.

You never know how prospects will turn out, but it gets the Yanks a legit contact hitting left handed bat, and they didn't lose one of their top 10 prospects.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yep.

You never know how prospects will turn out, but it gets the Yanks a legit contact hitting left handed bat, and they didn't lose one of their top 10 prospects.

Really? I thought they were MLB's. If so, this is highway robbery by Cashman.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...