2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Cole imploding.

How does he give up 3 HR in an inning to the Mariners?   15 runs in his last 13 innings.

Does anyone here trust Cole to be a shutdown pitcher in the postseason? I don’t. **** him, he took his 324 million over 9 years, lost the sticky stuff and now he’s garbage. What a waste. 

• Upvote 1

Again resting 1 of your best players right before a day off.

At some point, the front office/coaching staff needs to have a sense of urgency here and realize how important home field advantage is.

And stop playing Aaron Hicks. Trot out your best lineup every day. Enough already. 

They should consider Kiner at 3B and calling up 1 of the SS prospects, IMO. Donaldson is trying to hard. Doesnt seem like a NY player. 

14 hours ago, Barton said:

Cole needs to stop slumping his freakin shoulders and buckling his knees after he gives up home runs. Jesus. Somebody on the team needs to tell him to grow some balls. 

Cole showed his true colors in the WC game last year vs Boston. None of this stuff should be a surprise.

Knock Cole all you want its justifiable but what will kill this team in the long run is that it can't hit good pitching.

The trades Cashman made (Excluding the Benintendi) were criminal. Trading Monty for that oft injured scrub Bader could have been the worst trade I have seen in a long time along with trading 4 prospects including JP Sears . This team needed to sign one hitter at the break and they didn't do it and it seems to me Cashman just destroyed the chemistry of a team playing red hot baseball. Cashman is NOT a playoff GM never has been never will be and that's really what counts. This team will always be in or close to the playoffs due to the fact they can beat up on inferior teams but when it comes to making a move at the all star break Cashman always get beat out by some other team  any idiot can field a good team with the highest payroll in baseball Cashman is a disgrace. If any Yankee fan thinks this team can beat the Astro's they are kidding themselves.

Donaldson, who almost got traded at the deadline because he has been a bust, batted 3rd last night.

WTF?

Aaron Hicks hasnt had a hit in 2 weeks.........and plays every day.

Gleyber, another dissapointment....batted cleanup.

They need to cut this nonsense out. Donaldson needs to bat 7-9 and Hicks should be DFA'd.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Knock Cole all you want its justifiable but what will kill this team in the long run is that it can't hit good pitching.

The trades Cashman made (Excluding the Benintendi) were criminal. Trading Monty for that oft injured scrub Bader could have been the worst trade I have seen in a long time along with trading 4 prospects including JP Sears . This team needed to sign one hitter at the break and they didn't do it and it seems to me Cashman just destroyed the chemistry of a team playing red hot baseball. Cashman is NOT a playoff GM never has been never will be and that's really what counts. This team will always be in or close to the playoffs due to the fact they can beat up on inferior teams but when it comes to making a move at the all star break Cashman always get beat out by some other team  any idiot can field a good team with the highest payroll in baseball Cashman is a disgrace. If any Yankee fan thinks this team can beat the Astro's they are kidding themselves.

What bat did you want them to get?

Should have sold the farm for Soto because this lineup is DOA unless Judge and Stanton are mashing. 

When did this organization stop going balls out to win? Rhetorical question, probably when George died.

It’s highly frustrating being a “contender” but knowing they’re always a step or two behind the really elite teams. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Should have sold the farm for Soto because this lineup is DOA unless Judge and Stanton are mashing. 

When did this organization stop going balls out to win? Rhetorical question, probably when George died.

It’s highly frustrating being a “contender” but knowing they’re always a step or two behind the really elite teams. 

Yup. Hal refuses to eat contracts ($$$) to move dissapointing players off the roster. Dodgers do it all the time if it means it helps the team. 

Just now, PS17 said:

Because it’s highly frustrating being a “contender” but knowing they’re always a step or two behind the really elite teams. 

I would say we’ve been more than a step or two behind the really elite teams and the gap is only widening. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

This is exactly whats going on and what they should have done . So they were down 2 pitchers they could have brought up Sears who was pitching lights out and brought up some top prospects for the playoff run pitchers teams and hitters have not seen much of yet. Instead we traded Monty and Sears and other Bullpen prospects for a pack of scrubs.

21 minutes ago, Barton said:

Again with the anti clutch Donaldson and Gleyber hitting 4-5. Jesus. 

Seen any championship teams with a .219 hitter batting cleanup? Me neither. 

Yankees could easily shift Kiner to 3B, cut Donaldson and bring up 1 of the SS prospects.

With the way Perraza has been playing in the minors it’s past time for him to get called up. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

With the way Perraza has been playing in the minors it’s past time for him to get called up. 

And you just know there's almost no chance they make this move too. They are more concerned about options to prevent them hitting free agency earlier, instead of just fielding the best possible team. How was Marinaccio just sent down? Same Ol same ol. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barton said:

And you just know there's almost no chance they make this move too. They are more concerned about options to prevent them hitting free agency earlier, instead of just fielding the best possible team. How was Marinaccio just sent down? Same Ol same ol. 

He got pulled from a game today, hit by pitch. Hope he is okay.

I am concerned by this streak but not super concerned. They aren't a shoe in to win it all but it can happen.

Holmes blowing another save sucks, all eyes will be on him hope he locks things down from here on out. Chapman is starting to look better. Would be great to have him as a late inning situational guy and keep Holmes as the closer.

The lineup leaves so much to be desired right now. When Stanton and Rizzo get back Donaldson needs to go to the bench. So the Infield is set.

DJ - 3B

Judge - RF

Rizzo - 1B

Stanton - DH

Torres - 2B

Benintendi - LF

Trevino - C

But what about SS and CF?  As was mentioned above, i'd love to call the kid up from AAA right now and see what he can do. And they have to put Hicks back in RF, gonna burn him out.

Bader going to play full time? 

Where are Carpenters at bats going to come from?  Hicks?

When everyone is healthy they can play situational lineups.

I like the postseason rotation IF letting Severino work back up inning count through the minors works. Wouldn't have been how I would have done it.

But if you go Nester at the 4 spot in the playoffs you are in good shape. Especially with the 1 \ 2 seed advantage and not having to play that 2 out of 3 series.

There is time to sort this out, I just hope they get it right.

• Upvote 1

Hoping for a little mini winning streak here against a good Seattle team. The team had a meeting with Boone and they actually won afterwards, and guys bats (donaldson and Beni) may be waking up. we shall see. They need one more good streak to end up with the best record in the AL. 

• Upvote 1

Umpire totally missed strike 3 and now the Yanks are down again. I get it the Yankees are smoke and mirrors but I am so sick and tired of incompetent umpires and referees in general. Very few jobs can you be this big a POS and keep your job. Maybe govt sector. 

• Upvote 1

Somebody needs to tell the Yankees they cant just punt on August and that home field advantage is important

START FIELDING THE BEST TEAM EVERY DAY

Abreu is in there pitching, blowing game after game, while Marinaccio and Schmidt are in the minors - both infinitely better than Abreu.

You just cant make this stuff up.

And now they trade for Benintendi, who starts hitting the ball really well the past few days, and decide they cant start him vs a LHP.

The roster mismanagement year after year is just mind boggling. I havent order the direct TV game package in years. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, maury77 said:

At least they won last night. I have no idea why they chose the new guy to close the game out, some of Boone's decision making is out there ...

TBH, i liked the move. At this point Holmes cant be trusted. Guy has blown like 5 games in the past 30-40 days. 

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Zero clutch hitting on this team. We can't even score runs in an actual little league ballpark (despite everyone accusing Yankee Stadium of that) in fenway. Probably getting swept this weekend.

Gleyber and Donaldson are hitting about .200 w.RISP ---- Yankees bat them 4th and 5th every night. You cant make this stuff up.

Front office are the ones making these lineups. They tell Boone what to do. I blame Cashman 100%. 

Move up Benintendi. Play anyone besides Hicks. Drop Donaldson and Gleyber down the lineup. Move up Trivino. and IKF.

Seems pretty logical to put you worse hitters further down the lineup. Cashman has no clue. 

• Upvote 1