2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

The Yankees kept me sane for a while as the Jets have floundered most of my life, but I get the sense that management is just content to field a playoff team that gets eliminated in the first round on an annual basis. Are they really counting on Severino as the number 2 pitcher this year? That guy chokes more than a Jeffrey Epstein associate. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

The Yankees kept me sane for a while as the Jets have floundered most of my life, but I get the sense that management is just content to field a playoff team that gets eliminated in the first round on an annual basis. Are they really counting on Severino as the number 2 pitcher this year? That guy chokes more than a Jeffrey Epstein associate. 

The problem is Hal he views Cashman as family and refuses to fire him and seems content with making the playoffs...Cashman is the most overrated GM in sports history.

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Yankees retired Paul O’Neill’s number?

Lol going to be using 3 digits in a few years. 

Two well timed posts summing up the Yankees lol. Management is happy with the status quo while rolling out great, but fringe guys for commemorative days instead of trying to improve the roster at all costs.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Two well timed posts summing up the Yankees lol. Management is happy with the status quo while rolling out great, but fringe guys for commemorative days instead of trying to improve the roster at all costs.

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Oh jeez you should have heard Michael Kay today, feting O’Neill like he was a Hall of Famer.

Relax. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Oh jeez you should have heard Michael Kay today, feting O’Neill like he was a Hall of Famer.

Relax. 

I loved Oneill and Stick getting him for Hal Morris is one of the best trades the Yankees have ever made...but cmon. What will be interesting to see is if they decide to retire Arod.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Saw that...I don't know how to feel about this.  Well, the Yanks gave Sanchez over two years to get back on track and he didn't.  This catcher the Yanks got is a singles guy...I don't know much about his defense.  So, does that mean Donaldson plays 3rd?  Who is playing SS and 1st base?

Edit:  I stand corrected this guy we got (I'm not looking up the spelling...lol) is not going to catch, he's our SS...oh well.

Edited by NIGHT STALKER

10 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Saw that...I don't know how to feel about this.  Well, the Yanks gave Sanchez over two years to get back on track and he didn't.  This catcher the Yanks got is a singles guy...I don't know much about his defense.  So, does that mean Donaldson plays 3rd?  Who is playing SS and 1st base?

Edit:  I stand corrected this guy we got (I'm not looking up the spelling...lol) is not going to catch, he's our SS...oh well.

I think they just need a SS for 1 more year until one of their kids is ready.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Josh Donaldson 36 years old to play third base is the dumbest move they could have possibly made. Gio Is one of the best fielding the position and has shown to be a clutch hitter in big situations and we let him go for a guy in decline and 7 years older ???????? Good they got rid of Sanchez since he's worth nothing at this stage. 

Urshela was one of my favorite Yankees .... Cashman should be lined up and Shot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

If you do that where exactly are we going to put DJ probably the best hitter on the team

I think DJ becomes one of those guys that plays all around the infield. One day at 1st, one day at 2nd, one day at 3rd. 

Plus you still have Voit hanging around. 

I think the Yankees are not done dealing yet. We may see Torres go, Voit will probably go and maybe even DJ. Don't know right now.

I'm sure Cash and his merry band of analytics folks will figure it out. ?

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I think DJ becomes one of those guys that plays all around the infield. One day at 1st, one day at 2nd, one day at 3rd. 

Plus you still have Voit hanging around. 

I think the Yankees are not done dealing yet. We may see Torres go, Voit will probably go and maybe even DJ. Don't know right now.

I'm sure Cash and his merry band of analytics folks will figure it out. ?

Thats scary . I also say cut the bullsh*t with Volpe if he's this so called blue chipper then bring him up and let him play like they did with Jeter. I always said if Jeter came up now he would be rotting in the minors since he didnt hit many homers in the minors

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Trade Torres and put DJ at second. DJ should be untouchable, if the Yankees are going to go get another title DJ is going to be a huge part of that.

yes you're making sense but this front office scares the crap out of me. I hope they give Higgy the chance to start, every time the guy looked like he was about to turn the corner hitting they put Sanchez back in. I would much rather have a top defensive catcher like Higgy than a clown like Sanchez was. I think if they give him a chance he can be a 20 homer guy and hit for a decent average along with top handling of the staff and defense. Kind of a Joe Girardi type but with more Homeruns.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Trade Torres and put DJ at second. DJ should be untouchable, if the Yankees are going to go get another title DJ is going to be a huge part of that.

My head is still spinning they got rid of Gio for a 36 year old washed up 3rd baseman when Gio at this stage is probably a better hitter for average in the last 3 years he hit .314 - .298 - and .270 along with being clutch and one of the best fielding 3rd baseman in the game

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

My head is still spinning they got rid of Gio for a 36 year old washed up 3rd baseman when Gio at this stage is probably a better hitter for average in the last 3 years he hit .314 - .298 - and .270 along with being clutch and one of the best fielding 3rd baseman in the game

Washed up?  Hardly...the only thing that worries me about him is staying healthy.