Jump to content

2022 New York Yankees


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Yankees kept me sane for a while as the Jets have floundered most of my life, but I get the sense that management is just content to field a playoff team that gets eliminated in the first round on an annual basis. Are they really counting on Severino as the number 2 pitcher this year? That guy chokes more than a Jeffrey Epstein associate. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

The Yankees kept me sane for a while as the Jets have floundered most of my life, but I get the sense that management is just content to field a playoff team that gets eliminated in the first round on an annual basis. Are they really counting on Severino as the number 2 pitcher this year? That guy chokes more than a Jeffrey Epstein associate. 

The problem is Hal he views Cashman as family and refuses to fire him and seems content with making the playoffs...Cashman is the most overrated GM in sports history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

The Yankees kept me sane for a while as the Jets have floundered most of my life, but I get the sense that management is just content to field a playoff team that gets eliminated in the first round on an annual basis. Are they really counting on Severino as the number 2 pitcher this year? That guy chokes more than a Jeffrey Epstein associate. 

 

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Yankees retired Paul O’Neill’s number?

Lol going to be using 3 digits in a few years. 

Two well timed posts summing up the Yankees lol. Management is happy with the status quo while rolling out great, but fringe guys for commemorative days instead of trying to improve the roster at all costs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

 

Two well timed posts summing up the Yankees lol. Management is happy with the status quo while rolling out great, but fringe guys for commemorative days instead of trying to improve the roster at all costs.

 

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

 

Two well timed posts summing up the Yankees lol. Management is happy with the status quo while rolling out great, but fringe guys for commemorative days instead of trying to improve the roster at all costs.

Oh jeez you should have heard Michael Kay today, feting O’Neill like he was a Hall of Famer.

Relax. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Peace Frog said:

 

Oh jeez you should have heard Michael Kay today, feting O’Neill like he was a Hall of Famer.

Relax. 

I loved Oneill and Stick getting him for Hal Morris is one of the best trades the Yankees have ever made...but cmon. What will be interesting to see is if they decide to retire Arod.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morris was dealt to the Reds for Tim Leary. Yuck !!!

That deal is right up there with Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps.

As far as O'Neill is concerned. To me not a big deal. No one (Except for LaTroy Hawkins briefly after catching a load of you know what) has worn 21. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2022 at 7:31 PM, Matt39 said:

I loved Oneill and Stick getting him for Hal Morris is one of the best trades the Yankees have ever made...but cmon. What will be interesting to see is if they decide to retire Arod.

Roberto Kelly, but yeah, an amazing trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2022 at 8:31 PM, Matt39 said:

I loved Oneill and Stick getting him for Hal Morris is one of the best trades the Yankees have ever made...but cmon. What will be interesting to see is if they decide to retire Arod.

Never happen. Even the Yankees draw the line somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

As of right now Gio Urshela is the Yankees starting short stop.

Not sure how Cashman still has a job. And they are going to roll Gary Sanchez back out there. Get a damn catcher already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

 

 

Saw that...I don't know how to feel about this.  Well, the Yanks gave Sanchez over two years to get back on track and he didn't.  This catcher the Yanks got is a singles guy...I don't know much about his defense.  So, does that mean Donaldson plays 3rd?  Who is playing SS and 1st base?

Edit:  I stand corrected this guy we got (I'm not looking up the spelling...lol) is not going to catch, he's our SS...oh well.

 

Edited by NIGHT STALKER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Saw that...I don't know how to feel about this.  Well, the Yanks gave Sanchez over two years to get back on track and he didn't.  This catcher the Yanks got is a singles guy...I don't know much about his defense.  So, does that mean Donaldson plays 3rd?  Who is playing SS and 1st base?

Edit:  I stand corrected this guy we got (I'm not looking up the spelling...lol) is not going to catch, he's our SS...oh well.

 

I think they just need a SS for 1 more year until one of their kids is ready.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

 

 

Josh Donaldson 36 years old to play third base is the dumbest move they could have possibly made. Gio Is one of the best fielding the position and has shown to be a clutch hitter in big situations and we let him go for a guy in decline and 7 years older ???????? Good they got rid of Sanchez since he's worth nothing at this stage. 

Urshela was one of my favorite Yankees .... Cashman should be lined up and Shot.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

If you do that where exactly are we going to put DJ probably the best hitter on the team

I think DJ becomes one of those guys that plays all around the infield. One day at 1st, one day at 2nd, one day at 3rd. 

Plus you still have Voit hanging around. 

I think the Yankees are not done dealing yet. We may see Torres go, Voit will probably go and maybe even DJ. Don't know right now.

I'm sure Cash and his merry band of analytics folks will figure it out. 🤢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I think DJ becomes one of those guys that plays all around the infield. One day at 1st, one day at 2nd, one day at 3rd. 

Plus you still have Voit hanging around. 

I think the Yankees are not done dealing yet. We may see Torres go, Voit will probably go and maybe even DJ. Don't know right now.

I'm sure Cash and his merry band of analytics folks will figure it out. 🤢

Thats scary . I also say cut the bullsh*t with Volpe if he's this so called blue chipper then bring him up and let him play like they did with Jeter. I always said if Jeter came up now he would be rotting in the minors since he didnt hit many homers in the minors

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Trade Torres and put DJ at second. DJ should be untouchable, if the Yankees are going to go get another title DJ is going to be a huge part of that.

yes you're making sense but this front office scares the crap out of me. I hope they give Higgy the chance to start, every time the guy looked like he was about to turn the corner hitting they put Sanchez back in. I would much rather have a top defensive catcher like Higgy than a clown like Sanchez was. I think if they give him a chance he can be a 20 homer guy and hit for a decent average along with top handling of the staff and defense. Kind of a Joe Girardi type but with more Homeruns.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Trade Torres and put DJ at second. DJ should be untouchable, if the Yankees are going to go get another title DJ is going to be a huge part of that.

 My head is still spinning they got rid of Gio for a 36 year old washed up 3rd baseman when Gio at this stage is probably a better hitter for average in the last 3 years he hit .314 - .298 - and .270 along with being clutch and one of the best fielding 3rd baseman in the game

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

 My head is still spinning they got rid of Gio for a 36 year old washed up 3rd baseman when Gio at this stage is probably a better hitter for average in the last 3 years he hit .314 - .298 - and .270 along with being clutch and one of the best fielding 3rd baseman in the game

Washed up?  Hardly...the only thing that worries me about him is staying healthy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...