2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Yanks keep playing like a double A team, my guess is Boone will be cashing an unemployment check soon.  If it were possible which it isn't, I would get rid of all the everyday players...they suck.

If the Yankees are lets say 25-25 after 50 games, would the front office evennfire Boone? 

Teams take on the personality of their manager. Boone is not a leader. This team has lacked a winning energy since he arrived. 

All that said, Cashman has to go to. This team does have any table settlers like the Yankees used to with Knoblauch/Jeter and then Damon/Jeter.

Getting rid of Gallo and getting a speedly outfield with a good BA and OBP would go a long ways. This team needs a sparkplug. Whitt Merrifield is 33 yrs old playing on a bad royals team. He's probably available. 

And Gleyber Torres is such a dissapointment. Total mental case at this point. 

• Upvote 3

So the Yankees have played 10 games scored a whopping 30 runs for 3 runs a game. They have been shut out twice and scored 1 run in another loss. This lineup stinks and is still constantly striking out in big moments. 92 strikeouts and 10 homeruns so far and batting .229 as a team. We also rank 25th in runs and RBI's. Joey Gallo is batting .138 bet he wont sniff .200 this year. Kiner Falefa the guy they put in there instead of Volpe is batting a stellar .214. Are the Yankees trying to say that Falefa was the better choice at short when Volpe was putting up big numbers last year in the minors ? What's also funny is that DJ has to sit as Torres gets time at 2nd base and he just has fallen off a cliff with barely warning track power at this point. This lineup is bottom 3rd of the league when just a few short years ago they were top 3 in the Majors when they had guys like Gregorious who actually hit for average. This is a horror show most of us thought it would be yet Cashman still has a job. Sorry but Boone should not be taking the hit for this horribly assembled line up. Nestor Cortez is a gem who has still not given up a run yet he's 0-0. George must be turning in his grave. Whats worse is that amazing prospect Dominguez also strikes out in 1/3 of his AB's vs so called inferior pitchers, guess what happens in the Majors if he ever makes it to that level.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So the Yankees have played 10 games scored a whopping 30 runs for 3 runs a game. They have been shut out twice and scored 1 run in another loss. This lineup stinks and is still constantly striking out in big moments. 92 strikeouts and 10 homeruns so far and batting .229 as a team. We also rank 25th in runs and RBI's. Joey Gallo is batting .138 bet he wont sniff .200 this year. Kiner Falefa the guy they put in there instead of Volpe is batting a stellar .214. Are the Yankees trying to say that Falefa was the better choice at short when Volpe was putting up big numbers last year in the minors ? What's also funny is that DJ has to sit as Torres gets time at 2nd base and he just has fallen off a cliff with barely warning track power at this point. This lineup is bottom 3rd of the league when just a few short years ago they were top 3 in the Majors when they had guys like Gregorious who actually hit for average. This is a horror show most of us thought it would be yet Cashman still has a job. Sorry but Boone should not be taking the hit for this horribly assembled line up. Nestor Cortez is a gem who has still not given up a run yet he's 0-0. George must be turning in his grave. Whats worse is that amazing prospect Dominguez also strikes out in 1/3 of his AB's vs so called inferior pitchers, guess what happens in the Majors if he ever makes it to that level.

No manager can make this lineup hit. the bottom 4 hitters are all hitting about 150

8 hours ago, Barton said:

Confidence is low. Team has lack of energy. Boone doesnt bring it. 

Sorry but Boone has been pout in a position that's unmanageable no one can win with this crappy lineup and Brian Cashman does not understand you need hitters that can get on base to set the table for the big hitters. We still do not have a real lead off hitter and have not had one since Cashman took over this team. They ran Girardi out of town now they are going to run Boone out and Cashman will continue to sh*t the bed . Like I have said many times this guy is the worst GM in all of baseball and its not even close.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Barton said:

Confidence is low. Team has lack of energy. Boone doesnt bring it. 

This may sound a bit crazy, but do you think that Judge not signing that huge deal is bothering this team more than they would let on? He's their leader on and off the field, and that might have been a huge punch in the gut to those guys. Just a thought. 

9 hours ago, section314 said:

This may sound a bit crazy, but do you think that Judge not signing that huge deal is bothering this team more than they would let on? He's their leader on and off the field, and that might have been a huge punch in the gut to those guys. Just a thought. 

I dont think that is it. Boone has been terrible from the get go. He's not a leader. 

But like others have said, the guy who hired him (Cashman) has to go too.

I decided months ago I wasnt buying the baseball backpage for the first time in years. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2022 at 10:37 AM, section314 said:

The bottom half of the lineup can't hit, at all.   The starting pitching is averaging about 4 innings per.

Judge might also be irritated that they traded for Stanton, a big RH power hitter, and are paying him more than Judge for years, despite Judge being better defensively, better power, and better average, with less injuries.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Failure to get hits with runners in scoring position is killing this team. It's a shame too since the pitching staff (other than Cole) has been great.

The bullpen has, but starters are going to start needing to go more than 4-5 innings or this pen will burn out.

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2022 at 11:37 AM, section314 said:

Judge did us a favor.  We need to trade him to a NL team for a package of prospects

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

The bottom half of the lineup can't hit, at all.   The starting pitching is averaging about 4 innings per.

Judge might also be irritated that they traded for Stanton, a big RH power hitter, and are paying him more than Judge for years, despite Judge being better defensively, better power, and better average, with less injuries.

not to mention they also gave DJ a big contract during that same timespan.   Cashman sucks

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Oh and Kyle Higashioka can't hit a beach ball and his defense is nothing special.  Still can't believe we got rid of Gio and Gary

Gary was hot garbage bro. Worst defensive catcher in baseball. And a .220 hitter.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, maury77 said:

Why not just bring Pedraza at this point? IKF is hitting miserably. 

IKF is hitting .280 - easily one of the best players so far on the team. Wish we had another guy like him who just focuses on hitting some singles and making contact. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Barton said:

IKF is hitting .280 - easily one of the best players so far on the team. Wish we had another guy like him who just focuses on hitting some singles and making contact. 

I didn't realize his average went that high, we has hitting .200 about a week ago. 

3 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Higashioka is batting .097.  Gary is a better player by almost any metric.  Not sure why the hate

Because he cant catch a break ball. And he's a catcher. Also couldnt frame pitches, block balls in the dirt or catch high fastballs over 96mph. 

11 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Higashioka is batting .097.  Gary is a better player by almost any metric.  Not sure why the hate

He's not a better player by plenty of metrics.  Any that consider defense at all.  Sanchez is a horrific defensive player.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

This is baseball, players have slumps. Sanchez is the worst defensive catcher in all of baseball and was hitting around .200 . Higgy will get his hitting straight but he can't do that if they keep handling him the way they are. Let him play some consecutive games and stop pinch hitting for him because he's in a bit of a slump he will play out of it. They did the same bullsh*t to him last year when he started getting hot they would break his streak by not giving him consistent starts. 

The Yankees should have started the season with Volpe at Short ...Falefa could be a very good utility player and pinch runner late in games. 

Cashman mismanages this team every year and has built a line up based off homer or strike out. They will feast on crappy pitching may win enough games to make the playoffs if they're lucky then get schooled in the playoffs when they actually have to face real pitching. 

The Yankees have not scored more than 6 runs this season have been shut out 3 times and scored 1 run in another game . They are horrid and will be in the bottom 5 in all of major league baseball in AVG, RBI's, Runs Scored, and strike outs. This team has no clue how to hit behind runners to advance them into scoring position and they have no clue how to manufacture a run. 

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is baseball, players have slumps. Sanchez is the worst defensive catcher in all of baseball and was hitting around .200 . Higgy will get his hitting straight but he can't do that if they keep handling him the way they are. Let him play some consecutive games and stop pinch hitting for him because he's in a bit of a slump he will play out of it. They did the same bullsh*t to him last year when he started getting hot they would break his streak by not giving him consistent starts. 

The Yankees should have started the season with Volpe at Short ...Falefa could be a very good utility player and pinch runner late in games. 

Cashman mismanages this team every year and has built a line up based off homer or strike out. They will feast on crappy pitching may win enough games to make the playoffs if they're lucky then get schooled in the playoffs when they actually have to face real pitching. 

The Yankees have not scored more than 6 runs this season have been shut out 3 times and scored 1 run in another game . They are horrid and will be in the bottom 5 in all of major league baseball in AVG, RBI's, Runs Scored, and strike outs. This team has no clue how to hit behind runners to advance them into scoring position and they have no clue how to manufacture a run. 

Volpe is hitting .156 in AA, he's 20.  He should not be in the majors yet.  

5 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Volpe is hitting .156 in AA, he's 20.  He should not be in the majors yet.  

Its early, he will bring that average up  .Last year 27 homers 86 RBI .294 average with 33 SB's yes its not the Majors but at every level these players Adjust . I'm sure he had some luls/slumps last year as well . In 12 games so far he is hitting .156 but he has 2 homers and 8 RBI's with 6 steals he's a few good games away from batting .275 because its so early and you know he will get hot at some stage.

I think he has the talent to adjust to the pro game just like he will adjust to every level of the Minors. People could have said the same about Jeter when he came up at 20 and struggled hitting the first few months of the season Jeter never had the kind of power Volpe has but Gene Michael and Torre went young and Jeter adapted like a blue ship prospect should. You could make the case Jeter's numbers were no where near Volpe's Jeter's last year in AAA he had 2 homers a 49 RBI's If Idiot Cashman was the GM Jeter would not have sniffed the Majors. I'm thinking Volpe would easily eclipse what Kiner - Falefa will put up this year and I'm not sure what they think they are protecting by not even giving Volpe a decent amount of AB's this past Spring training I mean 5 AB 's ? 

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Nice job skankee fans ; showing your true colors .

What true Colors ? Speaking the truth about our crappy line-up ? I've been a Yankee fan since 72 when I first started getting into baseball and I pretty much tell it like it is and I still watch a good amount of games no less than I normally do. But this team is not built well at all. Pitching is very good IMHO but the line-up is terrible .

Your probably a Mets fan who has been hiding in the bushes for the past ten years now with a 9-3 start here you are ? Call me when you win something :)

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its early, he will bring that average up  .Last year 27 homers 86 RBI .294 average with 33 SB's yes its not the Majors but at every level these players Adjust . I'm sure he had some luls/slumps last year as well . In 12 games so far he is hitting .156 but he has 2 homers and 8 RBI's with 6 steals he's a few good games away from batting .275 because its so early and you know he will get hot at some stage.

I think he has the talent to adjust to the pro game just like he will adjust to every level of the Minors. People could have said the same about Jeter when he came up at 20 and struggled hitting the first few months of the season Jeter never had the kind of power Volpe has but Gene Michael and Torre went young and Jeter adapted like a blue ship prospect should. You could make the case Jeter's numbers were no where near Volpe's Jeter's last year in AAA he had 2 homers a 49 RBI's If Idiot Cashman was the GM Jeter would not have sniffed the Majors. I'm thinking Volpe would easily eclipse what Kiner - Falefa will put up this year and I'm not sure what they think they are protecting by not even giving Volpe a decent amount of AB's this past Spring training I mean 5 AB 's ? 

Jeter had 2000 ABs in the minors, Volpe has 700.  There is no reason to rush him and plenty of reason to keep him down for now.

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

What true Colors ? Speaking the truth about our crappy line-up ? I've been a Yankee fan since 72 when I first started getting into baseball and I pretty much tell it like it is and I still watch a good amount of games no less than I normally do. But this team is not built well at all. Pitching is very good IMHO but the line-up is terrible .

Your probably a Mets fan who has been hiding in the bushes for the past ten years now with a 9-3 start here you are ? Call me when you win something :)

WAH WAH WAH !!!!!! Go beat up a Cleveland outfielder .