2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Simple question.  Wasn't the excuse for benching Sanchez when Cole pitched that Tapioca was his high school buddy and they were just more comfortable?  As far as I can tell, Trevino always catches Cole and I think it started when he was still ostensibly the back-up.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Sanchez was terrible at calling plays.   "Tapioca" is better than Sanchez.     Trevino is better than the pudding monster.

Gary has more power, but even this year he's only hitting 215ish, and I don't know how much he is catching as compared to being the DH.

With the amount of passed balls when Gary is behind the plate they are going to have to start calling it something other than "catcher".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

With the amount of passed balls when Gary is behind the plate they are going to have to start calling it something other than "catcher".

passer. also Higgy getting hot so its time for the Yankees to bench him for a while before he gets too hot to remove LOL

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

passer. also Higgy getting hot so its time for the Yankees to bench him for a while before he gets too hot to remove LOL

hahaha.

Higgy getting hot is great. He does have surprising pop and tonight was great. If they get him producing then they are one outfield spot away from an incredible lineup.

• Upvote 1

Nice job by this team in the last week. 

But lets talk about the issues. Because once the starting pitchers fall back to earth and we dont have 4 guys with ERA's under 3.00, this offense is gonna have to score runs more consistently....

What is up with DJ LaMahieu? Nobody is talking about this but I think the Yankees are hiding an injury. He used to stay back on the ball and hit rifle shots to right field. Those hits used to sound like a gun went off. But for the past year and a 1/2, everything is kind of soft contact. Looks like he's not swinging with much power IMO. 

Hicks and Gallo ---- again these guys need to be replaced with a high end contact hitter like a Kiner Falefa. Benintendi or Bryan Reynolds.

Random note: this team lacks a stone cold RBI machine in the middle of the lineup. Right now Judge is superman but what happens if he goes falls back to earth? This lineup has to be upgraded at the trade deadline. Period. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Nice job by this team in the last week. 

But lets talk about the issues. Because once the starting pitchers fall back to earth and we dont have 4 guys with ERA's under 3.00, this offense is gonna have to score runs more consistently....

What is up with DJ LaMahieu? Nobody is talking about this but I think the Yankees are hiding an injury. He used to stay back on the ball and hit rifle shots to right field. Those hits used to sound like a gun went off. But for the past year and a 1/2, everything is kind of soft contact. Looks like he's not swinging with much power IMO. 

Hicks and Gallo ---- again these guys need to be replaced with a high end contact hitter like a Kiner Falefa. Benintendi or Bryan Reynolds.

Random note: this team lacks a stone cold RBI machine in the middle of the lineup. Right now Judge is superman but what happens if he goes falls back to earth? This lineup has to be upgraded at the trade deadline. Period. 

DJ got old?   I don't know, his first 2 years on the Yanks he hit 327 and 364 (50 game season that one).   Since then, he's hit 268 and 256 while slugging under 400.  Hey, but he's only signed for 4 more years!

Gleyber has improved, hitting 250 ish but sluggin 490, he should hit 25-30 HR this year.

Hicks has been bad for 3 years running now, he is just done, there's no reason to think he can turn it around at age 32.  Also signed for 3 more years.  Gallo is what he is, a career 205 hitter who strikes out a ton and will occasionally hit a mistake for a home run.   He's the guy who goes 1-20 in a play off series with 12 strikeouts.

If you can replace Hicks and Gallo with 2 just average hitting, 250ish type players, this offense will be so much better.  2 actual, above average hitters?   This lineup would be sick.  As it is now, they are above average in batting average as a team, adding 2 decent hitters would be huge.  Not great players, not all-stars, just 2 decent hitting OF.

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This team is literally destroying their competition on a daily basis. Legitimately might be the best team of all time if they break all the win records.

I thought they’d be a third place team before the season. Oops! 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cashman deserves a lot of credit for finding Trevino to replace Gary. The guy has been unbelievable 

Trevino is better in every way.

Nice road trip, 2 out of 3 from Toronto, 2 out of 3 from the Rays.   That's all you could ever really hope for.

• Upvote 2

Crazy comebacks by the Yankees this week but the cracks are starting to show. Starting pitching is coming back to earth and you have a lineup with only 1 batter hitting above .270

1 freakin batter hitting over .270 --- has any team won a World Series in the past 40 years with only 1 guy hitting above .270??

Cmon. Changes need to be made. Gallo and Hicks cannot be starters. Need high end contact hitters. End of story. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Crazy comebacks by the Yankees this week but the cracks are starting to show. Starting pitching is coming back to earth and you have a lineup with only 1 batter hitting above .270

1 freakin batter hitting over .270 --- has any team won a World Series in the past 40 years with only 1 guy hitting above .270??

Cmon. Changes need to be made. Gallo and Hicks cannot be starters. Need high end contact hitters. End of story. 

Lol it seems you only post negativity about them. They’re 53-20. Enjoy the ride. Hicks is fine, he’s starting to come around 

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

Guys I don’t want to see have meaningful postseason at bats:

Gallo

Donaldson

Higashioka

Trevino should be starting every postseason game so unless he’s injured we shouldn’t have to worry about Higashioka. I do believe it’s inevitable that Gallo will come up in the postseason where he absolutely must get on and strikeout. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Awesome comeback. Gallo making two outs in the same inning ???????

His days have to be numbered. Nice guy, just not going to work for him here for whatever reason. I see them trading for another starter and outfielder to try and lock this season in.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Ok, I'd like to see a trade because we need someone that can get hits and not home runs...we have enough of those guys.  What would it take to trade for KC's Benintendi?  I'm done with Gallo.

He is exactly who I would like them to trade for. Perfect fit. Get a good hitter, they have enough maulers already. He strikes out more than I would prefer but apparently, that doesn't matter anymore lol.

Sounds like several teams are interested but would be a great fit for the Yankees. Just cut Gallo and move on.

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2022 at 5:47 PM, PS17 said:

Guys I don’t want to see have meaningful postseason at bats:

Gallo

Donaldson

Higashioka

Donaldson has been terrible vs Lefties, at home and in day games. His splits are pretty telling. So they can find a spot for him. It just isn't an every day thing.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:12 PM, Barton said:

High On Base % guys to feed the maulers, that would definitely make this lineup better. Hicks looked like his was coming around finally (I wasn't holding my breath) and then he flies out and doesn't drive in a big run tonight. Gallo is worse.

They need another starter, definitely. Have to go for it this year, it is there for the taking. Outside of a Volpe they need to give up what they have to so they can bring in a big time starter. Even if it is a walk year guy. The bullpen is getting 3 big arms back in Chapman, Loáisiga and Britton. The bullpen is looking good.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

His days have to be numbered. Nice guy, just not going to work for him here for whatever reason. I see them trading for another starter and outfielder to try and lock this season in.

He’s a mental case. His body language is horrible and it’s obvious his confidence is shot. I don’t dislike the guy but he needs to be somewhere else. For his sake and the Yankees. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

High On Base % guys to feed the maulers, that would definitely make this lineup better. Hicks looked like his was coming around finally (I wasn't holding my breath) and then he flies out and doesn't drive in a big run tonight. Gallo is worse.

They need another starter, definitely. Have to go for it this year, it is there for the taking. Outside of a Volpe they need to give up what they have to so they can bring in a big time starter. Even if it is a walk year guy. The bullpen is getting 3 big arms back in Chapman, Loáisiga and Britton. The bullpen is looking good.

Got to go to a AA game this weekend.

Volpe, a single, a double, a stolen base.  Guy is gonna be a stud.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Girl I know (beautiful, ex beach volleyball player) went on a date with him.  Just one. They were fixed up.

"Dumbest person i have ever met"

• Haha 2

On 6/27/2022 at 11:06 PM, Maxman said:

Yup. This team has winning mojo. Chemistry is very good. WInning energy is there.

A guy like Benintendi or Cedric Mullins would change this lineup and put the team over the top, IMO. 

• Upvote 1