Jets 1st Quarter Stats Through 5 Games

Irish Jet

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

WHAT. Ryan was accurate AF this game. Corey Davis was again reaching behind him on slants. Throwing 5 yard underneath passes to the dirt. Smacking his OL in the head on a screen pass. He's been absolutely horrible with these gimme throws. 

Crowder had one bad drop this game. WRs were fine.

Yes, but overall, there’s a huge problem in the first halves of games with the offense.  It’s not just wilson and many times it’s not him.  It’s the coaching staff not getting the offense ready to start the game.  It’s a team wide fail to never score in the first quarter.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's what you're saying because his WR's caught the balls that were a little behind them, a little low and a little high.

So you and everyone else think he was accurate.  And he was accurate for an NFL QB - because he has NFL quality WR's on his team.  

Can't help you if you think this is true. Idk what you were watching. 

Zach completely whiffed on 90% of his throws. He HAS to fix that fast. It's alarming he has to fix that to begin with.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Can't help you if you think this is true. Idk what you were watching. 

Zach completely whiffed on 90% of his throws. He HAS to fix that fast. It's alarming he has to fix that to begin with.

Is that right?

And I'm the one that wasn't watching the game?

To be very clear, ZW wasn't good today - but 90%?  And his WR's once again didn't help him at all.  Sometimes QB's need some help to get into a groove.  I think it's becoming clear ZW, right now, is a momentum QB.  When he gets going he's good.

When his WR's keep dropping passes in the first and second drives - big 3rd downs - just keeps him getting comfortable.

Corey Davis, right now - is the biggest problem on this team.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is that right?

And I'm the one that wasn't watching the game?

To be very clear, ZW wasn't good today - but 90%?  And his WR's once again didn't help him at all.  Sometimes QB's need some help to get into a groove.  I think it's becoming clear ZW, right now, is a momentum QB.  When he gets going he's good.

When his WR's keep dropping passes in the first and second drives - big 3rd downs - just keeps him getting comfortable.

Corey Davis, right now - is the biggest problem on this team.

Who dropped easy passes this game?? I know Crowder had one earlier but other then that?? WRs did not have a bad game.

• Upvote 1

We need a QB that doesn’t require heroic catches every play.

Our offensive talent is fine except for QB and OC

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Bart Scott said it best after the win last week. Paraphrasing - Zach should not rely on splash plays to win a game, he MUST be able to make the routine plays to win.

The simple eye test shows he struggles terribly with easy plays.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It’s an insult to Gase to compare him to LaFleur.  

It’s looking more and more like getting rid of Gase and Darnold was a massive mistake on Joe Douglas’ part.  Should have kept them both for another season or two before taking the Hail Mary on upgrading both positions. 

SAR I

Really - everyone knew this was a complete tear down and rebuild with almost half of the team with rookies and 2nd year players and you want Gase back. Hell NO. At least Saleh knows when to go for it and when to call TOs - the 1st Q stats have got to get better and we can't keep spotting teams 2 TDs but this team has life  and energy - maybe they can pull Liehnart out of retirement :-)

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

0 points.

0 passing yards.

ZERO F*CKING PASSING YARDS.

5 quarters of football in a league designed to inflate passing stats. Horrible reflection on the preparation from the coaching staff to the QB. Just absolutely shocking. Even last week when everyone was giddy it was obvious starting so flat was unsustainable.

Some people spoke to soon crowning these coaches. Dumpster fire so far.

We are still rebuilding give them 3 more years

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Really - everyone knew this was a complete tear down and rebuild with almost half of the team with rookies and 2nd year players and you want Gase back. Hell NO. At least Saleh knows when to go for it and when to call TOs - the 1st Q stats have got to get better and we can't keep spotting teams 2 TDs but this team has life  and energy - maybe they can pull Liehnart out of retirement :-)

Gase got 7 wins out of a mono-infected 16-players-on-IR mess.  Last year, with nothing to play for, he beat the playoff Rams and playoff Browns too.  He did it in Miami as well.  Gase could get bad and hopeless rosters to play hard, score points, and win.  Something we need right now.  An experienced NFL coaching staff would be nice.

We don't know Saleh, LaFleur, or Ulbrich from a hole in a wall, but they're here now and have gotten their asses kicked in 20 of the 21 quarters they've coached this season.  It's is beyond humiliating.  It's far worse than Gase, Loggains, and Williams ever was.  And this roster is stacked compared to what those guys had in '19 and '20.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase got 7 wins out of a mono-infected 16-players-on-IR mess.  Last year, with nothing to play for, he beat the playoff Rams and playoff Browns too.  He did it in Miami as well.  Gase could get bad and hopeless rosters to play hard, score points, and win.  Something we need right now.  An experienced NFL coaching staff would be nice.

We don't know Saleh, LaFleur, or Ulbrich from a hole in a wall, but they're here now and have gotten their asses kicked in 20 of the 21 quarters they've coached this season.  It's is beyond humiliating.  It's far worse than Gase, Loggains, and Williams ever was.  And this roster is stacked compared to what those guys had in '19 and '20.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Please stop! The Jets won 2 games, 2, with the great Sam Darnold. That team quit in most games. They were out of meaningful games early and he still wouldn't bench 50 year old running backs. 2 wins - and when they were 0-13 before winning a game and then he won 2 which was good enough to cost us the #1 pick. WELL done. How convenient that you skipped last year when talking about how good he was.

We know this much about Saleh, he plays rookies, developers young players and won his first game in week 4, which is way better than the great Gase did last year. There is something else we know about Gase, he can take a reasonable QB and turn them into crap.

The great Sam Darnold who is 4-1 under another coach we ruined by Gase; Tannehill sucked under Gase; If Gase is so amazing how is it that running an offense on a HS team?

2 games. 2 games. 2

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Please stop! The Jets won 2 games, 2, with the great Sam Darnold. That team quit in most games. They were out of meaningful games early and he still wouldn't bench 50 year old running backs. 2 wins - and when they were 0-13 before winning a game and then he won 2 which was good enough to cost us the #1 pick. WELL done. How convenient that you skipped last year when talking about how good he was.

We know this much about Saleh, he plays rookies, developers young players and won his first game in week 4, which is way better than the great Gase did last year. There is something else we know about Gase, he can take a reasonable QB and turn them into crap.

The great Sam Darnold who is 4-1 under another coach we ruined by Gase; Tannehill sucked under Gase; If Gase is so amazing how is it that running an offense on a HS team?

2 games. 2 games. 2

We are 3-18 with a roster that is completely the vision of Joe Douglas and we're headed to 3-30.

The time for crying about Maccagnan and Gase is long over.  This is Joe Douglas' disaster.  And Saleh doesn't look like any master motivator, LaFleur can't draw up a basic gameplan, and Ulbrich can't stop a cold.  This is Kotite-level.  It's indefensible.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are 3-18 with a roster that is completely the vision of Joe Douglas and we're headed to 3-30.

The time for crying about Maccagnan and Gase is long over.  This is Joe Douglas' disaster.  And Saleh doesn't look like any master motivator, LaFleur can't draw up a basic gameplan, and Ulbrich can't stop a cold.  This is Kotite-level.  It's indefensible.

SAR I

So Joe has ruined the roster, but should have kept Gase; so if he is ruining the roster and Gase took the previous roster to 2-14, then 1-4 looks pretty good. Kotite-level - maybe, but then so is 2-14 where the only wins are in the last 3 games. No game plan, again are we talking Gase? There is a difference, Saleh seems to be able to adjust and make better game time decisions. Two QBs that Gase couldn't win with are all winning away from him.

Seems like the only thing Kotite-level is a 2-14 coach who is now out of the league and a fan that won't let him go. If Selah is coaching like this in his second season, we can talk - Gase just got worse and worse every year. No matter what you say, you can't get around the 2-14 record and how good Tannehill looks after Gase tried to throw him under the bus...

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

2 games. 2 games. 2

Gase had to go but we gambled on another rookie HC who never had a HC gig yet…

All I see from Saleh so far is he is in shape…not a lot beyond that with results 

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Gase had to go but we gambled on another rookie HC who never had a HC gig yet…

All I see from Saleh so far is he is in shape…not a lot beyond that with results 

Fair enough, but then I see a coach that has shown to coach up youngsters in the past. He may not be the guy, but to suggest that we are Kottite like after only 5 games - where they competed in 2 of the losses is a bit premature... Hopefully we will see more by the end of the year.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Hopefully we will see more by the end of the year.

Been hearing this since week 1. The team would start "gelling" etc. 

Saleh got a blessing with an early bye. I agree, lets see how this team plays after the bye. Because the excuse train on this season is approaching as each week passes. 

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

So Joe has ruined the roster, but should have kept Gase; so if he is ruining the roster and Gase took the previous roster to 2-14, then 1-4 looks pretty good. Kotite-level - maybe, but then so is 2-14 where the only wins are in the last 3 games. No game plan, again are we talking Gase?

Again?  Stop talking about Adam Gase.  He's not the reason why Joe Douglas is 3-18 headed to 3-30.  The roster is awful.  Terrible players picked.  Terrible coaches assembled.  30 months and he's made a pretty bad team significantly worse.

SAR I