hE’s SuCh A lEaDeR

Facts

7 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yeah, sorry, forgot our roster is stacked with studs. Whoops. 

Defense had a bad day(yet we still had a chance) and our QB can't make simple NFL throws. Yes Saleh totally sucks.

You know what, it's  not that simple. This is the second week in a row the D couldn't  seal the deal or give the O a chance to win. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I gotta ask, how many more games do we give this a pass. I mean we are 5 games in. 3 more we are at the halfway point. When is it ok to make a judgment? So far the D has flashed but this is about as SOJ as anything I have seen. This D can't  close the deal. 

I was told by the smarter then me Jet fans around week 8 or 9 this team will "gel" and turn it around. They been saying this since week 1 so we will see

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I gotta ask, how many more games do we give this a pass. I mean we are 5 games in. 3 more we are at the halfway point. When is it ok to make a judgment? So far the D has flashed but this is about as SOJ as anything I have seen. This D can't  close the deal. 

The D is mediocre.

In defense of the coaches, where have all the draft picks been used the last 2 seasons?   The few FA acquisitions for the defense had freak preseason injuries and are lost for the season.

There is no Revis Island, no Sack Exchange.  It is a thin defensive unit that hurt itself with penalties, some bogus, some legit.

It is also a defense that has played about 160 snaps in the last 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It’s kinda simple. Better QB and OL play and we’re not 1-4. 

It's  the D as well. We got within a FG of tying or a TD from going ahead and the D let Atlanta  march down the field on the next possession  and score the game sealing TD. Last week against TN with a TD lead they let them take it to OT. If Bullock didn't  suck we would be 0-4-1

9 hours ago, Facts said:

You can tell when a team has a good coach but bad players. They’re in the right position but the athleticism isn’t there to make the play. NOT with Saleh. Half the time players aren’t even in the right coverage to stop the offense. On 3rd and 13 the Falcons completely outcoached him and called a slant on that horrid zone they were running.

Dont forget the timeout at the end of the 1st quarter because nobody knew what was happening.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I was told by the smarter then me Jet fans around week 8 or 9 this team will "gel" and turn it around. They been saying this since week 1 so we will see

You gotta love the "im smarter than you" fan...  however still not as bad as the "you have to be patient" fan

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Yeah I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that we don’t have 1 guy over 23 or drafted before round 3 in the secondary 

stop it 

That’s why they’re being put in bad coverage situations? Uh…

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  the D as well. We got within a FG of tying or a TD from going ahead and the D let Atlanta  march down the field on the next possession  and score the game sealing TD. Last week against TN with a TD lead they let them take it to OT. If Bullock didn't  suck we would be 0-4-1

Totally understand the frustration with the defense. 

But imagine if…now hear me out…if the offense…stay with me…scored points in the first half??

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Sorry guys ... I'm not on board with jettisoning Saleh at all ... but ...

This loss is 1000% on him.  Team was completely unprepared today.

F#@k playing in London and f#@k the NFL. "We're trying to grow our audience in Europe." Kiss my recently shaved balls. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Totally understand the frustration with the defense. 

But imagine if…now hear me out…if the offense…stay with me…scored points in the first half??

Last week they scored enough to win in regulation.  How about if Zack can complete a gimme pass to Davis to seal the win? He didn't  need to score, just complete a pass 10 yards down field. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Saleh is one of the best young coaches in the league.  We are lucky to have him.  Cant wait to watch how he grows this young, inexperienced roster into a Super Bowl contender by 2023.  Its going to be a heck of a ride.

We are with Coach Saleh!!!!!!!!

The defense up until today overachieved with Saleh.  

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Jets Things said:

F#@k playing in London and f#@k the NFL. "We're trying to grow our audience in Europe." Kiss my recently shaved balls. 

Do you reckon we'd have done better, or worse, playing in ATL?

In a far noisier dome. Likely with Calvin Ridley playing too.

Yesterday was more like a home game for NYJ than ATL ... the crowd was far more pro Jet than pro Falcon.

Last year we would regularly fall behind by three scores and stay there. Big blowout losses became a matter of course.

This year we fall behind three scores and fight like fury to get back into the games. "Playing hard" may be a cliché but the team doesn't fold when they get behind. When it was 17-0 yesterday I worried it would turn into a rout, but the Jets did themselves proud by showing up and clawing their way back. Yes, too little too late, but it shows the character of the team that they never quit.

That is something that comes from the HC. Now if they can just work out how to avoid being down 3 scores midway through the second quarter ... ;-) 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Here’s some “facts”: the Jets suck, no HC was making this team good especially not a rookie HC, the rookie QB is bad to atrocious, they got lucky vs the Titans and what you’re seeing is what you’ve seen all year and more than likely what you will see for the rest of the year until this team fields and actual NFL roster.  

9 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

however still not as bad as the "you have to be patient" fan

I'm curious what alternative option you think you have?

You understand no one gives two sh*ts that you are mad, or that you might want JD, Saleh or LaFleur fired, right?  Certainly not Woody.

You also understand that no NFL team is going to fire a rookie O-Co or rookie Head Coach mid-season, right?  Certainly not Woody.

You understand they're not going to bench Wilson at this point, right?  Nor are they going to sign some veteran QB at this point.

So what exactly do you think your options are if you don't want to be patient?

Nothing is going to change this year.  So we either suck it up, root them on, and see where it all winds up. 

Or we stop watching.

There is no third option.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

19 hours ago, Facts said:

It literally looked like a team lead by a coach that doesn’t know how to coach defense.

Really, based on what?  What exactly, in detail does he not know about a defense.  Here or in SF since we weren't as smart as you to see this coming. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You also understand that no NFL team is going to fire a rookie O-Co or rookie Head Coach mid-season, right? 

Mid season?  Theyre advocating this after 5 games of the staffs rookie season.

The same people who cried for a total rebuild, to do it the right way from the ground up are now crying because you have to suffer with bad play and losses when you do this and want the Jets to spin out of it and sign a garbage vet QB and others.  Because that idiotic cycle of the last 10 years worked so well for us.

Not happy unless we're bitching is the motto

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Do you reckon we'd have done better, or worse, playing in ATL?

In a far noisier dome. Likely with Calvin Ridley playing too.

Yesterday was more like a home game for NYJ than ATL ... the crowd was far more pro Jet than pro Falcon.

I haven't reckoned anything in a long time.