hE’s SuCh A lEaDeR

Facts

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If you are going to sell ALL GAS NO BRAKE, might want to have your offense show up in the 1st half, and your defense get off the field. Falcons' punter could have worn a tuxedo today. 

to be fair, he didn’t say what type of gas. Maybe he meant a fart powered offense.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Defensive game plan was piss poor.   Just awful 

Especially when considering how obvious the Falcons game plan would be with their two top wide receivers out, a bad offensive line and our pass rush on fire.

It was going to be quick slants, quick throws, get the ball out of Matty’s hands fast- every podcast this week talked about that’s obviously what ATL will do. So play tight and over aggressive on short routes. Atlanta had no downfield passes outside of a blown coverage.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

That 3rd and 13 inexcusable....

Would LOVE to have seen ZW and with the ball and a chance to win it.  ZW was warmed up and when he's like that he doesn't miss....Jets win the game if they come up with a stop on the play.

I'd like for the QB and OC to get their sh*t together before the 4th quarter. 

Can this OC dial up one zone beater concept on a 3rd and 8 instead of throwing it 4yds short of the 1st?

The offensive concepts are amateurish at best.

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Anybody blaming the defense for this abortion of a game needs their head examined. It falls squarely on the QB and the OC in that order. 

Dline didn’t play well and Hall was horrificly bad. Defense had probably their worst performance of the season.

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Objectively. How does he sound foolish? Other than being a bit bombastic? 

What he said is factually correct. 

It’s an opinion based on a very small sample size.  It’s not a fact or factual correct. He may be right but that’s yet to be proved as a fact.  

I’m not particularly impressed by the staff or the roster.  I’m open to the possibility  that the might suck less than we have seen to date.  Carry on…

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'd like for the QB and OC to get their sh*t together before the 4th quarter. 

Can this OC dial up one zone beater concept on a 3rd and 8 instead of throwing it 4yds short of the 1st?

The offensive concepts are amateurish at best.

All true.  But that doesn't change the fact that down 3 - defense had a 3rd and 12 in the 4th quarter...when the Jets offense was finally looking good moving the ball.

Get the ball back there and I believe, the Jets win the game.

I don't disagree they need to be better early, that ZW needs to be more accurate and that WR's need to catch catchable balls....And they need to look better in the first quarter.  

All of that is true, but so is the defense needs to come up with that stop.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It’s an opinion based on a very small sample size.  It’s not a fact or factual correct. He may be right but that’s yet to be proved as a fact.  

I’m not particularly impressed by the staff or the roster.  I’m open to the possibility  that the might suck less than we have seen to date.  Carry on…

The team running poor coverages and concepts against an opponents offense is not opinion. It’s fact.

The defensive game plan was absolutely poor. The offense, again, did the defense no favors in terms of keeping them off the field.

This is the first real veteran quarterback they've played against and the secondary is young and was missing safeties. Any time there was an opportunity to get to Ryan he managed to get the ball out and there were repeatedly open players in the middle of the field.

I think the comment that a good defensive coach has guys in position to make plays even if they lack athleticism runs pretty much basically entirely counter to the strategy for putting a defense together that Saleh's been pretty clear about. It's play the young guys, change positions to get athleticism on the field, all gas no brakes, all of that. They're going to have guys on the field who don't know what they're doing quite yet run around and make mistakes until they figure out what they're supposed to do and hopefully have a good defense after that. Mangini had guys who lacked athleticism in position.

Not saying it's going to work, but pretty sure you're never going to see guys who lack athleticism just sitting on defense and not being position to make the plays. If they mess up it's going to be over-pursuit, busted coverages, etc. That's what you get with mostly young guys who are learning a new scheme.

And again, the defensive game plan today was poor.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Anybody blaming the defense for this abortion of a game needs their head examined. It falls squarely on the QB and the OC in that order. 

Defense allowed  the falcons to stay in the field for 12 minutes in the first quarter and gave up a 5 minutes TD drive when the offense cut it to a 3 point game with 7 mins to go 

He’s a stoic mute on the sideline, which is odd considering his emotional reputation as a D coordinator. I know screaming and yelling doesn’t necessarily mean success but if that who you are be the guy that got you where you are . Seems like he’s trying to fit what a HC should act like instead of being himself. 

These kind of threads happen after every loss. It gets even more ridiculous after a win. Loss = we are the worst ever; Win = we are going to the playoffs - Book It.

I started to buy the hype on the D for a while too - it happens. But, remember, in the begging of the season many were thinking a 3-4 win team this year - while still loosing playing much better by the end of the season. We have seen some improvement but much more needed. Think this way and every win and close (or exciting) game is fun;

If that isn't enough to make you happen - the Pats are 1-3 and currently loosing to the Texans - can't wait for the moral victory talk and BB is a genius speak if the end up loosing...

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

5 games in and you're gonna make sweeping generalizations of the guy? 

I gotta ask, how many more games do we give this a pass. I mean we are 5 games in. 3 more we are at the halfway point. When is it ok to make a judgment? So far the D has flashed but this is about as SOJ as anything I have seen. This D can't  close the deal. 

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Definitely too early to start the FIRE SALEH threads.

But definitely plenty to be concerned about with Coach Saleh.

Considering we’ve only played 5 games, that’s pretty alarming.

Exactly, not on the Fire Saleh train yet, you cant be after 5 games, but man, its been a bad first impression. His blank stares remind me of Todd Bowles in a creepy creepy way