hE’s SuCh A lEaDeR

Facts

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Mid season?  Theyre advocating this after 5 games of the staffs rookie season.

The same people who cried for a total rebuild, to do it the right way from the ground up are now crying because you have to suffer with bad play and losses when you do this and want the Jets to spin out of it and sign a garbage vet QB and others.  Because that idiotic cycle of the last 10 years worked so well for us.

Not happy unless we're bitching is the motto

No, everyone is happy to do it the right way ... just so long as it translates to immediate success. Because so many other teams have done this (apparently).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

No, everyone is happy to do it the right way ... just so long as it translates to immediate success. Because so many other teams have done this (apparently).

I remember SF fans and press calling for Lynch's head when they went 6-10 and then 4-12 his first two years at the helm. Same for coach Shanahan.  The third year they went 13-3 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

How about the next Mahomes put up more than 20 points facing arguably the league’s worst defense?

How about the real Mahomes and Andy Reid are in last place in their division?  They're under .500.  Got pasted by the Bills last night.  Think they have an idiot fan base that sounds like ours

Rex (on 1050) just took a thinly veiled shot at Saleh. He said, “If you’re a Detroit Lions fan, even though you don’t have any wins, you can be proud of that team because they’re giving it everything they got for Dan Campbell. If you’re a Jets fan, you don’t have any of that.”

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rex (on 1050) just took a thinly veiled shot at Saleh. He said, “If you’re a Detroit Lions fan, even though you don’t have any wins, you can be proud of that team because they’re giving it everything they got for Dan Campbell. If you’re a Jets fan, you don’t have any of that.”

Huh? I didn't see any issues with effort at all. Ability yes, either knowing the assignments or being able to execute them, but there was no quit that I saw.

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No need for any of that when you have a great week of practice.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I remember SF fans and press calling for Lynch's head when they went 6-10 and then 4-12 his first two years at the helm. Same for coach Shanahan.  The third year they went 13-3 

They followed that 13 and 3 with 6 and 10 and are now 2 and 3 and both LA and Arizona look like they are miles better.   If Lance doesn't develop into a stud in year 3 both of them will be gone.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They followed that 13 and 3 with 6 and 10 and are now 2 and 3 and both LA and Arizona look like they are miles better.   If Lance doesn't develop into a stud in year 3 both of them will be gone.  

And you can point to both due to losing their QB in what weeks 3 vs the Jets for almost the entire season along with Bosa etc.  Not an excuse but come on.  Garappolo has been a China doll the last two years making the Lance selection that much more important to the team.  Shanahan is a well respected HC and offensive mind.  Not so sure they’ll be quick to fire him after the quick Harbaugh firing set them back 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And you can point to both due to losing their QB in what weeks 3 vs the Jets for almost the entire season along with Bosa etc.  Not an excuse but come on.  Garappolo has been a China doll the last two years making the Lance selection that much more important to the team.  Shanahan is a well respected HC and offensive mind.  Not so sure they’ll be quick to fire him after the quick Harbaugh firing set them back 

They went 13 and 3 with the best team in football.  SF has been loaded for years and has had a million injuries which has helped their draft position.  If Lance doesn't develop after what they gave away to get him and they continue to underperform their talent or their talent is always injured the GM is going to be cut loose.  Shanahan might also get ejected especially if Jones turns out to be the best QB in this draft and they fell in love with Lance after the trade and it doesn't work.  

Shanahan is well respected but this is a win now league and Shanahan has a win now team.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They went 13 and 3 with the best team in football.  SF has been loaded for years and has had a million injuries which has helped their draft position.  If Lance doesn't develop after what they gave away to get him and they continue to underperform their talent or their talent is always injured the GM is going to be cut loose.  Shanahan might also get ejected especially if Jones turns out to be the best QB in this draft and they fell in love with Lance after the trade and it doesn't work.  

Shanahan is well respected but this is a win now league and Shanahan has a win now team.  

We shall see about Shanahan.  Hard to blame him for Garappolos injuries.  The team wasn’t loaded before Shanahan and Lynch, they just had no talent.  It was Kaep and a lot of trash and last legs of Frank Gore

i don’t know how much time making that SB bought them.  Both are revered though

This place is off the hinges. Week in & week out. Off all your rockers.

nobody with a rational mind wants to open up threads on this forum and read this reactionary bullsh*t every time we lose. I understand the disappointment, I understand the let down, we’re on national TV, we’re in London, we won our last, Wilson made deep passes we haven’t seen a Jets QB do since week 1-10 2008 Brett Favre, it felt great, I was thinking this regime has the potential to win some games but you have to understand if it go’s sideways more often than not, it’s not because JD sucks, Saleh is a joke or Zach is a bust. It’s inexperience on a unpolished roster.  It’s not time for this. Way too early. You can be concerned about things & fairly so, but this is a bit much my man lmao.

we’ve has always been that way and we’ve had some entertaining moments of misery, but I been here for 8 years and it’s never been this unbearable LOL.

Relax it isn’t time to pounce on these guys yet!

• Upvote 1

give matty ice some credit here.  he was making the throws and most of those would be good against any team.  the issue is still the offense not doing their part.  for nearly ten seasons we've seen the same old story of them coming out flat and then having to play catch up.  and with wilson missing bunny throws or throwing late or his receivers dropping it's just not going to end well.

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

Huh? I didn't see any issues with effort at all. Ability yes, either knowing the assignments or being able to execute them, but there was no quit that I saw.

If your pitch is all gas, no brake, this has not been that. Lackadasical, not forcing the issue, runs up the gut every 1st down, no hurry up, taking the full gameclock down 2 and 3 scores late in the game. In short this is anything but. 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks Rex for yet another horrible take. 

• Upvote 1