Jump to content

Denzel Mims has more yards than Elijah Moore


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like Elijah Moore isn't the second coming of Antonio Brown like the media told us all camp

Yeah just waiting for Moore to breakout.    and then he steps out of bounds before his one catch Its blatantly obvious it should be Davis and Mimi’s outside and Moore in the slot. Get you

Doesn't help that he's not playing the correct position. He's a SLOT receiver, not a WR.  Again today all I see is bunch formations.  When will LaFleur spread this offense out. 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Looks like Elijah Moore isn't the second coming of Antonio Brown like the media told us all camp

Yeah, I think it's one of those Classic Jet things....

Everyone else is stupid and these stud dropped to us! 

Like always, there'a a reason a "top 20" talent dropped to us in the 2nd.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Somebody should point out to LaFleur that you can have 2 slot players on the same play.  There actually are receiver combinations other than bunch and trips.

 

They are, for whatever reason, all-in on not using Mims regularly.

They need to get over this quickly.  Starting to truly worry about this coaching staff caring more about their ego than the team winning and developing their young QB.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Yeah just waiting for Moore to breakout. 
 

and then he steps out of bounds before his one catch

Its blatantly obvious it should be Davis and Mimi’s outside and Moore in the slot. Get you best players on the field.  Run 4 wides and get Crowder in there as well. 🤦‍♂️ 

honestly tho Zach sucked today. Consistently missing open receivers.  Mechanics look bad. Accuracy is off.  I think losing Greg Knapp is incalculable but really would have made a significant difference.

This is not just losing Knapp. This is not having a cohesive O. Zack is not as billed which is part of it but the O he is playing in flat out sucks. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is not just losing Knapp. This is not having a cohesive O. Zack is not as billed which is part of it but the O he is playing in flat out sucks. 

Wilson is more talented but also more raw than I thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Doesn't help that he's not playing the correct position. He's a SLOT receiver, not a WR.  Again today all I see is bunch formations.  When will LaFleur spread this offense out. 

Come back in 3 years we are still rebuilding

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pichula said:

His arm strength, off platform throwing, escape ability, toughness, and leadership is all better than I expected. The clay is there. This offense isn’t getting enough plays to get anyone into a rhythm. 

What about the locking on receivers, not being able to hit an outlet pass, and throwing screen passes into the back of the blocker?

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What about the locking on receivers, not being able to hit an outlet pass, and throwing screen passes into the back of the blocker?

He needs to clean some things up for sure. 
 

offense had the ball for 3 plays in the first quarter. His center snapped the ball over his head, his wr ran out of bounds, and his we dropped the ball all on that first 3rd down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What do you mean more talented? He sucks at short passes. 

Eh, but he doesn't.   That's hasn't been his MO at all.  He has has certainly not been great and he's not getting any help from his WR's...

And he does have to clean this sh*t up...but by all accounts, he's not doing it practice and wasn't this way in college.  The hope here is it's just a timing, being tight kinda thing and he works it out.

point is, I agree he has sucked, but there's reason to hope that's not who he's going to be.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh, but he doesn't.   That's hasn't been his MO at all.  He has has certainly not been great and he's not getting any help from his WR's...

And he does have to clean this sh*t up...but by all accounts, he's not doing it practice and wasn't this way in college.  The hope here is it's just a timing, being tight kinda thing and he works it out.

point is, I agree he has sucked, but there's reason to hope that's not who he's going to be.

I personally think he has trouble accepting  the short play when the big splash play is covered. Look at the two pt. Play to Crowder. Got the ball out on time and thrown in the right spot for Crowder to get in. That is a designed short pass. It is when he needs to throw it as a third option is where I think he gets screwed up but then again wtf was with that screen pass into the back of Moses. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every one of our receivers is, at best, a #2 or #3.   Wow, Mims makes two catches on underneath throws.   Where was Mr. Jumping/Mauling Beast?  Exactly.  He exists only in the minds of his supporters somehow deluded that this guy can be elite.  He can't.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...