Denzel Mims has more yards than Elijah Moore

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I personally think he has trouble accepting  the short play when the big splash play is covered. Look at the two pt. Play to Crowder. Got the ball out on time and thrown in the right spot for Crowder to get in. That is a designed short pass. It is when he needs to throw it as a third option is where I think he gets screwed up but then again wtf was with that screen pass into the back of Moses. 

yes, I agree...but that is far less concerning than just unable to be accurate.  I really do think these are rookie issues and he'll fix that.  The big plays (off-platform) are accurate because he's not thinking.  Once he's not thinking on the short ones (and that will come with time) it'll click.

As for the screen.  We have no idea what happened there with everyone else.  I doubt it was just a throw that off.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Looks like Elijah Moore isn't the second coming of Antonio Brown like the media told us all camp

Ahhhh. Like always. We are constantly “ told” how good players are.. As oppose to them showing us. Elijah Moore= adequate back up slot guy. If he works hard he might be as good as Berrios someday.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Remember when we had to get rid of Crowder for Moore? 

Let this be a lesson to teams.. draft skill players after you've fixed your lines (both of them). You can get by with mid-tier vets at skill positions if your lines are good.

PS. I'm not knocking Moore as it's early with an inept coaching staff.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

They’ve both been pretty bad.

Mims can make plays over the middle but is useless on the outside. Doesn’t even compete at times.

FFS.  He's been targeted 4 times and has 3 catches for 73 yards.  In what universe is that "pretty bad"? 

We get it, he struggles to get separation despite his speed.  That's not a difficult nut to crack.  Back shoulder throws.  Throw him open.  Profit.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The bigger discussion is Chase claypool having more yards in a quarter than mims all year.

Claypool has been targeted 35 times, including 6 times today, to Mims' 4 on the season.  Perhaps if Mims had anything close to the volume that Claypool has had, he'd have an opportunity to put up some numbers.  

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Every one of our receivers is, at best, a #2 or #3.   Wow, Mims makes two catches on underneath throws.   Where was Mr. Jumping/Mauling Beast?  Exactly.  He exists only in the minds of his supporters somehow deluded that this guy can be elite.  He can't.

Yeah because the rest of our receivers are really lighting it up by comparison.  It took just 3 targets to Mims for him to be the leading receiver for much of the day.  Corey Davis was targeted 7 times and couldn't do sh*t.  

I'm one of Mims' biggest defenders and even I am not calling him "elite".  I just want him to get on the f**king field from time to time.  Its not much to ask and we have absolutely nothing to lose and something to gain by doing so.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Looks like Elijah Moore isn't the second coming of Antonio Brown like the media told us all camp

Based on what a handful of catches and more missed games?  Because being benched is the equivalent of a rookie learning and then dealing with injuries.  

5 games and 2 catches, with a years experience, guess Mims is the second coming of Hill

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Claypool has been targeted 35 times, including 6 times today, to Mims' 4 on the season.  Perhaps if Mims had anything close to the volume that Claypool has had, he'd have an opportunity to put up some numbers.  

I wonder why?  Maybe because claypool was great last year, great in camp and great this year while mims loafed around until he was 5th on the depth chart.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I wonder why?  Maybe because claypool was great last year, great in camp and great this year while mims loafed around until he was 5th on the depth chart.

None of that suggests Mims isn't actually any good at football.  And the evidence of that is he's actually produced in his limited opportunities in both 2020 and 2021, even with 2 of his QB's playing like dog-sh*t in those 2 seasons.  And if he truly was a "loafer" or a problem he'd have been traded already.  

The only thing any of this suggests is that he isn't doing ALL the things the coaching staff wants him to do.  Maybe because its f**king stupid to force a 6-3 receiver to earn snaps as a slot guy?  Just a thought.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its not much to ask and we have absolutely nothing to lose by doing so.

Other than rewarding a player who reportedly is either stupid or a dog.  

Either way, who sits?  Davis?  Crowder?  Cole?  Why, because Mims has 3  catches?  Cole at the bottom of the WR list has 7 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

None of that suggests Mims isn't actually any good at football. 

Youre not getting that a WR who loafs around until he drops to the 5th spot on the depth chart of a team that runs mostly 3 WR sets doesnt get a lot of opportunities until he shows he gets it.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah because the rest of our receivers are really lighting it up by comparison.  It took just 3 targets to Mims for him to be the leading receiver for much of the day.  Corey Davis was targeted 7 times and couldn't do sh*t.  

I'm one of Mims' biggest defenders and even I am not calling him "elite".  I just want him to get on the f**king field from time to time.  Its not much to ask and we have absolutely nothing to lose and something to gain by doing so.  

Agreed.  I’m not sure why this coaching staff is treating Corey Davis like he is Calvin Johnson.   He’s continuing to be fed reps and targets while not really performing all that great.  He’s had his drops and honestly isn’t creating a ton of separation out there.   Mims should be given more reps, this team is desperate for play makers.   

• Upvote 1

Nothing I’ve seen tells me Moore is anywhere near the hype that we heard but if the consensus on this board is that the CS and especially Lafluer is terrible and Moore is really playing out of position how do we know what these guys really are. The only guy you can  get a decent read on is Wilson, which has been a let down to say the least 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Thought he was going to be a spark guy from the jump. Dude has been invisible. 

Completely. I was so excited for 8. 

Prob one of the most upsetting narratives of the season.

The only people in the NY Jets organization who do their job well is the PR/Comms department. They give you false hope

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Completely. I was so excited for 8. 

Prob one of the most upsetting narratives of the season.

The only people in the NY Jets organization who do their job well is the PR/Comms department. They give you false hope

Kev you think he would be better if we kept your Sam? 

• Haha 1

I think this coaching staff is obsessed with precision route running and getting open vs being a big target.  

Maybe Mims can't get open the way the others can but he seems to make plays when he's on the field.  His yards per snaps is off the charts. Could just be a coincidence,  likely is, but given what Cole and Moore have been doing why not give Mims some more chances?

We are now 1-4 and don't really need to spend the rest of the year developing a jag like Cole. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

JD with another JD pick.....AKA E Moore.....The most overhyped camp WR in Jets history 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

We have had many, many preseason heroes at WR. Moore is hardly the most egregious.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I dont remember a WR written about and tweeted about as much in camp in a long time.....do you?

Which is it… In Jets history? Or in a long time? 

You exaggerated, not me.

I’m not going to play the “cite examples” game, while you split hairs over time frame.