Time for Mims playing time ?

Bart Scott is complaining about Mims lack of playing time too and actually putting down Davis saying the guy drops passes and has 5 thumbs. Look there must be a good reason for his lack of targets playing time Saleh has been saying they are seeing improvement and trying to break him into this offense slowly. Obviously they see problems with his game and ability to function within the game plan which includes positioning, running routes, blocking, etc. There’s no logical reason why they are blocking him out and not using him. I think. So for now I have to go along with their decision. He’s looked good but it’s based on 3 targets and three catches. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Bart Scott is complaining about Mims lack of playing time too and actually putting down Davis saying the guy drops passes and has 5 thumbs. Look there must be a good reason for his lack of targets playing time Saleh has been saying they are seeing improvement and trying to break him into this offense slowly. Obviously they see problems with his game and ability to function within the game plan which includes positioning, running routes, blocking, etc. There’s no logical reason why they are blocking him out and not using him. I think. So for now I have to go along with their decision. He’s looked good but it’s based on 3 targets and three catches. 

Like pretty much of them “their decisions” don’t seem to be working. Like at all, or like anywhere, so yeah, let’s stick with that! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

One thing I've noticed about Davis, when the defense is in zone, he slightly runs past where he should stop. It results in some throws from Zach that appear behind him but are completely where they should be. 

One that stuck out from the game is the sliding catch from Davis. Hell of a catch, but Wilson put it in the perfect spot but Davis kept running towards the defender. It resulted in Davis sliding and reaching back but if he didnt make that catch, it's completely on him. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Bart Scott is complaining about Mims lack of playing time too and actually putting down Davis saying the guy drops passes and has 5 thumbs

I'm not a big fan of Bart Scott...But he is 100% correct here!  

Until Davis learns how to catch Mims should be the primary WR and Davis should learn all the WR position and be the 5th WR on the team.

If he shows he can catch the ball when it's thrown to him you can move him back into the starting rotation.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Like pretty much of them “their decisions” don’t seem to be working. Like at all, or like anywhere, so yeah, let’s stick with that! 

Look I’ll give them more time but I want to win this year. My assumption is they are developing an offensive game plan and dealing with all of their players and for some reason this guy hasn’t been fitting in. I’m not going to second guess them over one player who before this season was unproven. Maybe they feel if they sneak him into a formation for a play after not using him the opponent won’t cover him. 

5 minutes ago, harris5214 said:

Coaching staff doesn’t seem like they’re willing to eat crow. Mims is more physically gifted than pretty much the entire WRs except Davis (or Atleast equal). Let the guy have a chance to perform and execute.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree.

His first catch.  See how smooth he his catching the ball, getting it down.  That wasn't a great throw and one Davis likely drops.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not a big fan of Bart Scott...But he is 100% correct here!  

Until Davis learns how to catch Mims should be the primary WR and Davis should learn all the WR position and be the 5th WR on the team.

If he shows he can catch the ball when it's thrown to him you can move him back into the starting rotation.

Amen Fido .

10 minutes ago, harris5214 said:

Coaching staff doesn’t seem like they’re willing to eat crow. Mims is more physically gifted than pretty much the entire WRs except Davis (or Atleast equal). Let the guy have a chance to perform and execute.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He looked good today in the little playing time he got. Coaching staff HAS to give him more of an opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I didn’t want to go there and get my head ripped off. ?

Corey Davis can not be counted on to make tough or contested catches.  That's not a #1 WR.

It's a drive killer.  He's targeted too often and specifically on 3rd down and just requires perfection.  That key 3rd down target needs to come up with tough catches more often than not.

• Upvote 2