Jump to content

With Darnold and Pitts we are 3-2


Recommended Posts

I’m sorry it’s so obvious we have opportunities to win games with smart QB play and weapons. 
 

Jets win the pats and this game with Darnold here. We draft Pitts he doesn’t burn us this game and helps us in multiple games. 
 

I’M so hungry for a relevant season. Yet I have another “wait till next year one” before Halloween. 
 

Truly disappointed 

  • Thumb Down 15
  • Confused 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry it’s so obvious we have opportunities to win games with smart QB play and weapons.    Jets win the pats and this game with Darnold here. We draft Pitts he doesn’t burn us this game an

We are also 8-9 or 9-8 with Darnold and Pitts over the next decade. 

Well, this aged well. Lil Kev, always the master prognosticator. 

Posted Images

Just now, TokyoJetsFan said:

We are also 8-9 or 9-8 with Darnold and Pitts over the next decade. 

Beats 2-15

Not sure I see Wilson and Moore taking us to the promised land either. But again “give it three years” till we fall in love again 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

We might end up with both the 2nd and 1st pick overall 

And that’s abnormal when u draft a QB top 2 the year before?

People act like Sam Darnold wasn’t the quarterback on a 1-15 team 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold and Pitts would’ve been a nice combo, and if it wasn’t we’d be drafting Darnold’s replacement next offseason while still having Pitts. Now, if we’re smart hopefully we draft a QB next year anyway and maybe turn the 3rd rounder we get for Zach into a player somewhere between Pitts and that that slow ass mass of useless flesh we cart out calling a TE.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

And teetering between 5-12 and 6-11 for the rest of his tenure here

get a grip

well there's not much reason to think we aren't that or worse with what we have instead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitts had 189 yds and no TDs going into today. Not sure why the defense didn’t realize that without their top 2 receivers, he was gonna be a target.

Tell me whatever panthers TE is doing with Darnold in carolina?  Sam isn’t good, move on.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Most likely we would have traded down to 12th with 9ers where Pitts was long gone. But we would have definitely ended up with 3 1st rounders.

Pitts > Zach

 

The ability of this fanbase to fool itself into thinking Woody finally learned how to be a GM is amazing 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heymangold said:

Pitts had 189 yds and no TDs going into today. Not sure why the defense didn’t realize that without their top 2 receivers, he was gonna be a target.

Tell me whatever panthers TE is doing with Darnold in carolina?  Sam isn’t good, move on.

Pitts had pedestrian numbers before today and Zach was the worst qb in the NFL by every metric

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

We are also 8-9 or 9-8 with Darnold and Pitts over the next decade. 

That’s not the point. No one thought the likes of Adam Gase and Sam Darnold were going to take us to the Super Bowl.

We are a rebuilding team, it’s going to take us years to compete again, so the question is why did we take a Hail Mary on a rookie quarterback and a rookie head coach when we could’ve stayed the course for another season or two and pull those triggers on those positions when we were actually ready.   

Gase was actually good in managing and motivating a hopeless team and Darnold was at least average. All of the new players Douglas has brought in would’ve been better served with an experienced head coach and an experienced quarterback. What we’ve got going on now is such a sh-t show no one can improve.

SAR I 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

See you guys in 3 years when we are picking first overall again.  Hopefully whoever is the GM by then actually promises the Manning’s Arch will be the first pick overall 

You’re the reason no one likes jets fans - the reason it’s been a constant cesspool here. You have a rookie hc and OC, a rookie qb with a not so talented team and expect them to be the chiefs over nigh.

use your brains - this was only going to be a 4-5 win team.  Got 13 weeks left to get there.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Beats 2-15

Not sure I see Wilson and Moore taking us to the promised land either. But again “give it three years” till we fall in love again 

Moore will never be a true #1, but that's also not why he was drafted.  We could use a guy like Pitts, but I don't think Darnold is the answer for this team.  We knew from the get go this would be lumpy.  The reason it hurts so much is that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we are still so young.  Zach may be in over his head just a bit, but a lot of times when he does make plays the receivers let him down.  And when the scheme works and a guy pops open Zach has a tendency to rush it and miss the easy passes.

I know it sucks, but this is going to come together.  Another "wasted" year to be a fan.  But all these young guys will have another year, another offseason, and camp under their belts next season.  With another crop of high draft picks winning jobs over some of the weaker links on this team.

We all knew what we were getting in to this season even if we didn't want to believe it.  You can complain that it's been a million years of rebuilds and it's time.  But this team was ripped apart again last year, so yes.  You're going to have to wait more.  It's fine not to like it, but the negativity doesn't help anyone, including you.

I can watch the game today, and see Zach stink.  See the defense get shredded.  Then see us making plays to pull back in to the game only for the defense to give up a backbreaking drive to seal the loss.  I can watch all that without thinking that these players and coaches will never get any better, and look forward to the BYE so they can maybe patch some things together. 

New England and the scumbag are beatable this year, at least when we're not throwing them the ball 4 times a game.  I'm looking forward to it, even though it's probably going to look like more of the same.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That’s not the point. No one thought the likes of Adam Gase and Sam Darnold were going to take us to the Super Bowl.

We are a rebuilding team, it’s going to take us years to compete again, so the question is why did we take a Hail Mary on a rookie quarterback and a rookie head coach when we could’ve stayed the course for another season or two and pull those triggers on those positions when we were actually ready.   

Gase was actually good in managing and motivating a hopeless team and Darnold was at least average. All of the new players Douglas has brought in would’ve been better served with an experienced head coach and an experienced quarterback. What we’ve got going on now is such a sh-t show no one can improve.

SAR I 

I stopped reading at "Gase was actually good in..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I stopped reading at "Gase was actually good in..."

And that's exactly why we lost today.

Because ignorant, hating, scapegoating fans move the Johnson's needle and make them do stupid things like create a 3rd rebuild in the middle of the 2nd rebuild.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

And that's exactly why we lost today.

Because ignorant, hating, scapegoating fans move the Johnson's needle and make them do stupid things like create a 3rd rebuild in the middle of the 2nd rebuild.

SAR I

At least I made it to the second paragraph of your last post before I stopped reading.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

We are also 8-9 or 9-8 with Darnold and Pitts over the next decade. 

Lol. If the Panthers beat the Eagles, they'll be 4-1 with the easy part of their schedule coming up. What are you talking about?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

No we aren’t. 1-4 or 2-3. Darnold was not the solution.  I like Pitts though. I don’t know if I like him 2nd pick. 

Time out.

Without Darnold or Stafford, the Panthers would have had some scrub back there.  And the Patriots are awful and without ghosts for Darnold to fear.

Jets would have beaten the Panthers, Patriots, Titans, and Falcons.  That's 4-1.  You want to put one of those in the L column, fine, no worse than 3-2.

We should have kept Gase and Darnold, we should have used them for the next few years as we built the roster, and then got rid of them when we were ready to really compete.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

Time out.

Without Darnold or Stafford, the Panthers would have had some scrub back there.  And the Patriots are awful and without ghosts for Darnold to fear.

Jets would have beaten the Panthers, Patriots, Titans, and Falcons.  That's 4-1.  You want to put one of those in the L column, fine, no worse than 3-2.

We should have kept Gase and Darnold, we should have used them for the next few years as we built the roster, and then got rid of them when we were ready to really compete.  

SAR I

Kept Gase?  Are you trolling?  Is this “Punk’d, Jets Nation Edition”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Time out.

Without Darnold or Stafford, the Panthers would have had some scrub back there.  And the Patriots are awful and without ghosts for Darnold to fear.

Jets would have beaten the Panthers, Patriots, Titans, and Falcons.  That's 4-1.  You want to put one of those in the L column, fine, no worse than 3-2.

We should have kept Gase and Darnold, we should have used them for the next few years as we built the roster, and then got rid of them when we were ready to really compete.  

SAR I

Darnold will always see ghosts. He would not have beat NE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...