With Darnold and Pitts we are 3-2

2 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Yes. Year three is too early to pick a coach and a quarterback. He should have waited until year four like Darnold and year five like Gase because that worked out great.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't say "we are a rebuild and going 1-17 this year is okay" and then say "we needed to change head coaches and quarterbacks to go 1-17 because it's good for the development of all the young players we brought in."

Understand?  The rookie QB can't carry a rebuild roster, and the rebuild roster can't carry a rookie QB.  We have no RB.  We have no CB's.  All of it is exceptionally dysfunctional under a rookie coaching staff making a ton of mistakes themselves.

Instead of taking another year with an experienced head coach and experienced quarterback and making it about winning and growth, its now a year of losing and regression.  The exact opposite of what a rebuild should look like.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry it’s so obvious we have opportunities to win games with smart QB play and weapons.    Jets win the pats and this game with Darnold here. We draft Pitts he doesn’t burn us this game an

We are also 8-9 or 9-8 with Darnold and Pitts over the next decade. 

Well, this aged well. Lil Kev, always the master prognosticator. 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Those young LBs and CBs are really a good squad! 

BBA8BC05-BBD3-4906-AD52-930ACC73C454.jpeg

Yea I know but he couldn't possibly have helped our high octane offense!

His main problem would have been he wouldn't know the entire root tree so he would be on the practice squad right now..

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Really?  Sam Darnold went 6-2 after the "ghosts" game, Adam Gase coached the kid way the hell up.  And his WR's and DB's were all 3rd and 4th stringers, remember?

I'm not defending Gase and Darnold, I'm not saying they were going to win divisions and playoff games here.  I'm merely saying that we are in a rebuild and there is a right time to throw the Hail Mary on switching out the HC and the QB and we did it at the wrong time.  We should have kept those two guys for another year or two, let them keep the locker room together, let them motivate the young guys, let them keep some stability around here, let them win some games and make the youngsters feel proud.  What's going on now is a complete mess, things haven't ever been this bad and I saw every Rich Kotite game.

SAR I

Well - last year they went 0 and what last year? Won 2 games. Gase was done. I was okay trading away the #2 pick for a boat load of picks, but only to build without costing the rookie his first season - if Sam excelled, great, if not, not. Gase would still be handing the ball off to Bell had JD not released him...

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You can't have it both ways.

You can't say "we are a rebuild and going 1-17 this year is okay" and then say "we needed to change head coaches and quarterbacks to go 1-17 because it's good for the development of all the young players we brought in."

Understand?  The rookie QB can't carry a rebuild roster, and the rebuild roster can't carry a rookie QB.  We have no RB.  We have no CB's.  All of it is exceptionally dysfunctional under a rookie coaching staff making a ton of mistakes themselves.

Instead of taking another year with an experienced head coach and experienced quarterback and making it about winning and growth, its now a year of losing and regression.  The exact opposite of what a rebuild should look like.  

SAR I

We keep Gase. We keep Darnold. We give them a running back and some cornerbacks. I think the most likely outcome here is still dumpster fire and you wasted a year.

Douglas had to negotiate for the authority, and catch breaks, to go this slowly, and you want him to have gone slower.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, genot said:

Lol. TD Darnold. Against a far superior defense than the Falcons. 

The Eagles are NOT a better defense than the falcons 😂 they’ve given up 40+ pts in back to back weeks pal

And your man Sam the Can has 2 pix already 😂

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Well - last year they went 0 and what last year? Won 2 games. Gase was done. I was okay trading away the #2 pick for a boat load of picks, but only to build without costing the rookie his first season - if Sam excelled, great, if not, not. Gase would still be handing the ball off to Bell had JD not released him...

I'm hoping the Johnson's call Frank Gore, suit him up, and start him in New England in two weeks.

We have no running backs.   It's one thing to make fun of starting an old man RB in Gore, but not in Coleman?  Gore was good.  Coleman sucks.  And Carter is a dwarf.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm hoping the Johnson's call Frank Gore, suit him up, and start him in New England in two weeks.

We have no running backs.   It's one thing to make fun of starting an old man RB in Gore, but not in Coleman?  Gore was good.  Coleman sucks.  And Carter is a dwarf.

SAR I

LOL - Coleman is a decade younger. Gore - this is so comical, i can't tell anymore if you actually think this stuff or are just making sh*t up for the fun of the outrage.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m sorry it’s so obvious we have opportunities to win games with smart QB play and weapons. 

Jets win the pats and this game with Darnold here. We draft Pitts he doesn’t burn us this game and helps us in multiple games. 

I’M so hungry for a relevant season. Yet I have another “wait till next year one” before Halloween. 

Truly disappointed 

North Carolina Reaction GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Post of the Week 2
3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m sorry it’s so obvious we have opportunities to win games with smart QB play and weapons. 

Jets win the pats and this game with Darnold here. We draft Pitts he doesn’t burn us this game and helps us in multiple games. 

I’M so hungry for a relevant season. Yet I have another “wait till next year one” before Halloween. 

Truly disappointed 

We would be 0-5. Live with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold f**king sucked today STFU lil Kev.

But I would have indeed been down with Pitts and an alternative veteran option, someone like a Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor.

The Jets never get a QB like bridgewater 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold f**king sucked today STFU lil Kev.

But I would have indeed been down with Pitts and an alternative veteran option, someone like a Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor.

Well that was never even in JDs cards…

3 hours ago, genot said:

I could be too. Darnold is a little flustered today. Missed some throws.

Sam has physical talent but it sure seems like he will always be one of those guys who throws killer interceptions.

I’m glad we moved on 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You would think people that watched Sam for 3 seasons would at least wait until the game was over to troll the board using him in any way. 

You would think people who read the board for three seasons would know better than to think that.

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sam has physical talent but it sure seems like he will always be one of those guys who throws killer interceptions.

I’m glad we moved on 

Yep.  Whether Wilson works out or not, was 100 % the right move.  And his performance today should cement that.  4 years in, he’s got a perfect situation there, and even the backkup RB Hubbard had a 100-yard day, and he still found a way to do what he’s always done, f**k up and lose the game for the team.

Darnold sucks.

• Upvote 4
25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Whether Wilson works out or not, was 100 % the right move.  And his performance today should cement that.  4 years in, he’s got a perfect situation there, and even the backkup RB Hubbard had a 100-yard day, and he still found a way to do what he’s always done, f**k up and lose the game for the team.

Darnold sucks.

I thought Darnold had a very bad game. I do think Brady on the last drive panicked. They had 3 time outs and over a few minutes. Run the football. That's the only thing they could do the whole game. I know all too well your feelings about Sam. That o-,line has been getting him mauled the last two games. Every bit as bad, perhaps worse then some of our recent o-lines have performed.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I thought Darnold had a very bad game. I do think Brady on the last drive panicked. They had 3 time outs and over a few minutes. Run the football. That's the only thing they could do the whole game. I know all too well your feelings about Sam. That o-,line has been getting him mauled the last two games. Every bit as bad, perhaps worse then some of our recent o-lines have performed.

so what you saying is that he needs more weapons and better Oline?

lolololololol

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Truly disappointed 

POS lost to the eaglets. lolololololol0olol

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, genot said:

4 years and the endless excuses continue.  At some point, you have to just recognize the guy just sucks.  

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

POS lost to the eaglets. lolololololol0olol

And he was close to 100 % of the reason they lost.  The rest of the team showed up to play.  He blew it.  

Enjoy paying him $19M next season, Carolina.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Truly disappointed 

And would win nothing which would lead to you complaining that we never will win

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

so what you saying is that he needs more weapons and better Oline?

lolololololol

He needs a better o-line. Panthers are ranked deat last in pass protection. That's  just not relevant, I know. Lol.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And he was close to 100 % of the reason they lost.  The rest of the team showed up to play.  He blew it.  

Enjoy paying him $19M next season, Carolina.

What game did you watch. He was sacked 3 times, hit 11 other times, and was pressured countless other times. That's not an excuse. That's a fact. 

4 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

We keep Gase. We keep Darnold. We give them a running back and some cornerbacks. I think the most likely outcome here is still dumpster fire and you wasted a year.

Douglas had to negotiate for the authority, and catch breaks, to go this slowly, and you want him to have gone slower.

Douglas has been tinkering with this roster for 3 years, he brought Karre Vedvik here, he brought Ryan Kalil here, he forced Kelichi Osemele out, he decided we didn't need Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams, Robbie Anderson, Leonard Williams and a bunch of others.  30 months is a long time.  

NFL GM's turn franchises around in 2 seasons all the time.  Not necessarily playoff teams but .500.  They do it by picking the right players.  We no gots.  By the time this year is over, Joe Douglas' record will be something like 3-30.  That's unacceptable.

SAR I

Darnold finally has a sub par game with an offensive line resembling our from week 1 and haters are thumping their chests.  Pathetic.

He's clearly better than Zach Bass at this point so the insults look silly.

This offense sucks and to say we wouldn't be better with Darnold and the picks from a trade down is not dealing with reality.

Now of course this can all change but we've had a decent sample size of Wilson and so far there's been a handful of awesome plays in a sea of awfulness.