Defense gave up 450 yards

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

thats can't be. we were told in the game thread how mad the defense should be at the offense

I have always loved this long time jets fan thought.  "It is the offenses fault for making our D tired by not getting 1st downs!"

Meanwhile the D take penalties consistently and can never get off the field on their own.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have always loved this long time jets fan thought.  "It is the offenses fault for making our D tired by not getting 1st downs!"

Meanwhile the D take penalties consistently and can never get off the field on their own.

Valid. But we know damn well the poor offense does not help things. When has our defense in the last decade played with some sort of solid lead? 

Just now, harris5214 said:

They’ve sucked or have been average so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Before today Bryce Hall gave up like 70 yards in 4 games. MC2 didn’t give up a completion longer than 12 yards. They were playing well. They had a bad week.

Anyone think it’s a coincidence that the team has been giving up bigger plays since Marcus Maye got injured?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Valid. But we know damn well the poor offense does not help things. When has our defense in the last decade played with some sort of solid lead? 

Sure the O is poor, but the narrative that they are to blame for the D utterly failing is nonsense.  Get off the field,  make a stop when it counts, the same stuff has been said for years with this team.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sure the O is poor, but the narrative that they are to blame for the D utterly failing is nonsense.  Get off the field,  make a stop when it counts, the same stuff has been said for years with this team.

Can’t blame the offense for failing to stop a slant on 3rd and 12. Or 3rd and 15. 

For some reason I thought that THIS Jets team under this head coach was going to be one that could roll off a 6 game winning streak but with the refs being the one deciding factor in any game they are betting on makes THAT impossible and a defense that 1-can't stop a 3rd or 4th down crucial play and is incapable of getting turnovers-this is simply just the same old sh*t we've been watching (or NOT even bothering to anymore) since Rex Ryan's last two seasons. It's disgusting and crooked as hell, and no one can convince me otherwise. They've ruined this game with gambling being legal

• WTF? 1

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly right Beerfish YEARS

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Do you think the Offense going 3 and out alot helps the Defense keep opposing yardage low?

No doubt the D was awful today.  In every moment that mattered, they came up small.

With that said, having a consistently bad, consistently low-TOP turnover-prone offense is a key to helping your Defense be worse in any statistical metric.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

That’s after giving up 430 yards last week to a depleted Titans team as well. Saleh needs to get this thing under control, d keeps getting shredded 

When the offense goes 20 game time minutes without a first down, the defense will get tired.

The D was able to get 3 turnovers.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do you think the Offense going 3 and out alot helps the Defense keep opposing yardage low?

Obviously doesn't. But the defense gave up two neverending stories to open this game and our offense only had two series in the quarter to begin with. 

Last week was much more a case, for me, of the offense putting the defense under pressure. 

If anything, I thought today was the opposite - hard to build any rhythm on offense when you don't touch the ball for long stretches either and today that was on the D in the 1st qtr. 

In fairness, that was an AWFUL call on Quincy and Zach should have got the ball very early on... And the d compensated with turnovers later on but I don't buy blaming the offense for D's 3rd down issues in the first half this week.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No doubt the D was awful today.  In every moment that mattered, they came up small.

With that said, having a consistently bad, consistently low-TOP turnover-prone offense is a key to helping your Defense be worse in any statistical metric.

That is an excuse late in the game. The offense had 3 plays in the first quarter 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

That’s after giving up 430 yards last week to a depleted Titans team as well. Saleh needs to get this thing under control, d keeps getting shredded 

Defense played ok despite always being on the field

Disaster ROUGHING THE PASSER penalty changed everything.

Might have been a completely different game 

2 minutes ago, Pichula said:

That is an excuse late in the game. The offense had 3 plays in the first quarter 

Aided and abetted by the single worst Roughing the Passer call I have ever seen.

But like I said:  No doubt the D was awful today.  In every moment that mattered, they came up small.

Pointing out that our O is dogsh*t and is hurting our Defense every week does eliminate responsibility for the Defenses own poor play and big moment failures.

• Upvote 3