The Houston Texans are a better coached team than the Jets

Dcat

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I'm not expert. I can watch and the OL doesn't give much time, the QB doesn't always make perfect throws and the WR's can't catch anything unless it's a perfect throw - feels like talent issues.  but I do listen to a couple of podcast each week and the experts (real experts, not former players just spouting garbage) seem to say LaFleur if not spectacular is clearly competent. 

the Jets don't execute. 

Competent how?  There is no evidence supporting any such claim.  None.  What we see is an offense disaster. He's following a script and not focusing on where his opportunity is or where his liabilities are.  Very little adjusting (yet again... and we as Jets fans should be sick of it...  you can't be good in the NFL without an ability to adjust on game day and move away from the script).  I'd like to take his script and burn it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes.  This OC is a gargantuan mistake.  You abort it now.  Right now.

Make Cavanaugh the interim and let him know he's an interim in the process.  He has enough experience not to ruin Zach Wilson, which is the path LaFleur is on right now.

You know that is never going to happen.

When was the last time an NFL team fired their newly hired O-Co, under a newly hired Head Coach, 5 games into a season?

I get it, you think LaFleur is the worst.  Early results seems to support it, we're just as bad on O as we were last year.

But he's not getting fired, and no team is going to churn through O-Co's as fast or as often as you seem to like.

May as well come to terms with it, you're gonna get tired demanding firings that aren't gonna happen week after week.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I'm not expert. I can watch and the OL doesn't give much time, the QB doesn't always make perfect throws and the WR's can't catch anything unless it's a perfect throw - feels like talent issues.  but I do listen to a couple of podcast each week and the experts (real experts, not former players just spouting garbage) seem to say LaFleur if not spectacular is clearly competent. 

the Jets don't execute. 

Competent how?  There is no evidence supporting any such claim.  None.  What we see is an offense disaster. He's following a script and not focusing on where his opportunity is or where his liabilities are.  Very little adjusting (yet again... and we as Jets fans should be sick of it...  you can't be good in the NFL without an ability to adjust on game day and move away from the script).  I'd like to take his script and burn it.   Play action hasn't been working yet he won't move away from it.  Most of Zach;s INTs are from bad PA attempts.  Yet LaFleur keeps going with it.  And the other side knows.  God, he sucks so far.  Really bad. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You know that is never going to happen.

When was the last time an NFL team fired their newly hired O-Co, under a newly hired Head Coach, 5 games into a season?

I get it, you think LaFleur is the worst.  Early results seems to support it, we're just as bad on O as we were last year.

But he's not getting fired, and no team is going to churn through O-Co's as fast or as often as you seem to like.

May as well come to terms with it, you're gonna get tired demanding firings that aren't gonna happen week after week.

Then we better get used to LaFLeur Sucks threads because they are a-coming. We are going to be in SchottenHell again for the next 3-4 years.   Lord have mercy.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

Then we better get used to LaFLeur Sucks threads because they are a-coming. We are going to be in SchottenHell again for the next 3-4 years.   Lord have mercy.

I wish Saleh and JD would just admit the LaFleur hire was a mistake.   Especially that we have a bye, we can improve the offense overnight with a new OC.   LaFleur has shown himself to be not ready for the job.   Gee, wonder why?  He's been a goddam waterboy before.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think everybody underestimates how important Knapp was going to be here. I really think that his passing let a little air out of all the plans and in case nobody else noticed he has not been replaced.

Yes he has. By Matt Cavanaugh.

Knapp’s death was a tragedy, but neither you, or anyone else here ever heard of him before he was named to this CS.  Yet you act like he was the second coming of Bill Walsh.

News flash… he wasn’t.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peebag said:

The 4 missing starters is a better excuse

Fant has been light years better than Becton. Carl Lawson averages 5 sacks per season, but looked dominant this summer going against…Mekhi Becton. Who are the other two missing starters? The punter and Tyler Kroft?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The scheme is complicated and will take two years to truly get down.  Don't expect this team to look next year either.  

WTF does this post even mean?

I just saw the Buffalo Cleveland comp…. They started winning because of talent. Not schemes that take lollllll 3 years to implement.

I get the urge to make Lafleur voodoo dolls or whatever, but you'd think this fanbase has had enough exposure to bad qb play to recognize a familiar thing. with the exception of about 3 quarters, Wilson has been pretty bad. Hard to call the good plays when the point man can't consistently execute yet. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fant has been light years better than Becton. Carl Lawson averages 5 sacks per season, but looked dominant this summer going against…Mekhi Becton. Who are the other two missing starters? The punter and Tyler Kroft?

Bechton. Lawson, J. Davis and Nasirildeen

5 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

I get the urge to make Lafleur voodoo dolls or whatever, but you'd think this fanbase has had enough exposure to bad qb play to recognize a familiar thing. with the exception of about 3 quarters, Wilson has been pretty bad. Hard to call the good plays when the point man can't consistently execute yet. 

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not just seeing things.   Yeah, it's five games.  But if we're all being honest?  Wilson has looked bad.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

played far better than our Saleh-led team.  They were in the game to the end against a team that mutilated LaFleur and Saleh.  So far this coaching staff sucks.  Not a little.  A lot.  Name one good thing they've produced?  I'm happy with Mosley's play.  So there's that. 

So is this an argument about the two worst teams in the league?

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I wish Saleh and JD would just admit the LaFleur hire was a mistake.   Especially that we have a bye, we can improve the offense overnight with a new OC.   LaFleur has shown himself to be not ready for the job.   Gee, wonder why?  He's been a goddam waterboy before.

ANd they have the perfect interim patsy in Cavanaugh.  It really SHOULD be done, but of course it won't unless Woody orders it.  

Hey Woody....  if someone is reading this to you....  I'll actually like you... just a little...   if you command them to relieve LaFleur of his duties.  Just use Cavanugh for this season and get a real OC next year.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

So is this an argument about the two worst teams in the league?

Yes and the Jets lose.  Houston is way better.  Especially in the coaching.  That's the whole point.  Our coaching has been the worst in the NFL or near the worst.

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Same talent was bad with Freddy Kitchens as the coach

Kitchens was an excellent OC for them, but a panic hire as HC. They wanted to try and maintain as much continuity as they could for Baker.

Back to schemes… it took what? About 5 minutes for Stepanski to implement his system and turn things around?
No scheme needs 3 years to be implemented. If it does, it’s a terrible scheme.

• Upvote 2

I liked the Saleh hire when we made it and I'm not in anyway giving up on him yet but one thing that's been surprising to me about Saleh is the lack of emotion I've seen from him on the sidelines.  When he was in San Fran. I remember constantly seeing him pumping up the defense on the sidelines, talking to the players etc..  I know things change when you're a HC but with him not calling plays I not only expected him to keep that intensity but be someone that's more vocal on the sidelines.  Very rarely do I see him talking to his players other then high fives and saying "Nice Play"

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes he has. By Matt Cavanaugh.

Knapp’s death was a tragedy, but neither you, or anyone else here ever heard of him before he was named to this CS.  Yet you act like he was the second coming of Bill Walsh.

News flash… he wasn’t.

Actually I did know who Knapp was. Maybe you didn't? In fact he was here to guide Lafleur.. and our new QB. He happened to have the most experience of everybody on our coaching staff. So News Flash ...read every once in a while? Maybe do your homework! Also I don't remember mentioning Bill Walsh or acting like anybody was the second coming of anything LOL. BTW you're awful smug for a guy with 300 posts. Next time save it.

1 hour ago, drsamuel84 said:

I liked the Saleh hire when we made it and I'm not in anyway giving up on him yet but one thing that's been surprising to me about Saleh is the lack of emotion I've seen from him on the sidelines.  When he was in San Fran. I remember constantly seeing him pumping up the defense on the sidelines, talking to the players etc..  I know things change when you're a HC but with him not calling plays I not only expected him to keep that intensity but be someone that's more vocal on the sidelines.  Very rarely do I see him talking to his players other then high fives and saying "Nice Play"

Most overrated thing Jets fans obsess over is their HC showing emotion and that being a sign of how good they are. Wild.