The Houston Texans are a better coached team than the Jets

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I wish Saleh and JD would just admit the LaFleur hire was a mistake.   Especially that we have a bye, we can improve the offense overnight with a new OC.   LaFleur has shown himself to be not ready for the job.   Gee, wonder why?  He's been a goddam waterboy before.

Will Zach continue to throw balls in the dirt and miss easy lay ups with the new OC or will that change? I’ll hang up and listen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saleh, LaFleur & company better clean up their sh*t show here in a hurry. So far, there is absolutely nothing to be impressed about by Saleh.  Nothing. And don't start me on LaFleur.  He

Somebody is cranky and needs a massage. 

Or what? If you're firing the O-Co today, how many games does your new O-Co get?  Five as well? So by seasons end, if things don't go well, we'd be on our fourth O-Co of the season? See

Posted Images

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I wish Saleh and JD would just admit the LaFleur hire was a mistake.   Especially that we have a bye, we can improve the offense overnight with a new OC.   LaFleur has shown himself to be not ready for the job.   Gee, wonder why?  He's been a goddam waterboy before.

they are best friends...or Saleh is best friends with the brother.. i always forget.

hes not firing him.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, fullblast said:

I mean they lost 40-0 last week

I feel like I'll wait until the Jets lose 40-0 before I jump on this. Right now I'll say they're coached as poorly as the Jets.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the Greg Knapp Excuse is flimsy as **** at this point

It's utter and complete horesh*t. The legend of Gregg Knapp is greatly exaggerated. I feel bad that he died, but that doesn't suddenly change that he wasn't very good and had poor results for most of his career. He was most well known for his stints as offensive coordinator where his claim to (in)fame was switching to zone blocking schemes and the offensive lines being much worse. 

Sound familiar? 

The QBs he worked with:

1998: Steve Young

1999 - 2000: Jeff Garcia

2004 - 2006: Michael Vick

2007: Josh McNown

2008: JaMarcus Russel

2009 - Matt Hassleback

2010 - 2011: Matt Schaub

2012: Carson Palmer

2013 - 2016: Peyton Manning*

2017-2020: Matt Ryan

He only worked with one of those QBs as a rookie (Jeff Garcia). Only one of those QBs had a career year (Jeff Garcia)** while Knapp was on the team.

Otherwise, he came into teams with experienced, established starters. I'm not saying he didn't have great value to those guys, but he did not have a history of working with rookies. His stints as OC were disastrous. So while losing Knapp was certainly a blow, it is not a very good excuse. 

* ADAM GASE ALERT

** Jamarcus Russel technically had a career year with Knapp, but that's only because it was his 2nd year and he played 15 games compared to 12 and 4)

• Post of the Week 1
42 minutes ago, doitny said:

they are best friends...or Saleh is best friends with the brother.. i always forget.

hes not firing him.

And so we will continue to be mired in his inept offense.  And I don't care if it's my brother or kid.  If I see that they're not qualified to run the offense, they get fired.   The Jets should be more important to Saleh than his friendship with the Packers HC.

Zach Wilson is not being well coached. If he were would not continue to force deep passes instead of getting short yardage gains. If the team were being well coached, they would not continue to come out flat in the 1st quarter. If this team were well managed, then the we would not accummulating cap space as some sort of commodity, while the team clearly could use spending. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

And so we will continue to be mired in his inept offense.  And I don't care if it's my brother or kid.  If I see that they're not qualified to run the offense, they get fired.   The Jets should be more important to Saleh than his friendship with the Packers HC.

yeah maybe at the end of the season. you wouldn't fire your best friend either after 5 games. even strangers deserve a full season.

you guys have to suck it up for now. you need to think ahead. you just cant go firing people after 5 games. or HCs after 1 year. or GM after 2 drafts...

i wonder how many OCs got fired mid season in there 1st job or 1st year. 

these guys only get one shot to have these jobs. if they suck they dont get a 2nd chance. 

so you fire the OC. who is going to come to replace him next year? would you waste your one shot here knowing you could be fired midseason?

so you fire Saleh after one year. what hot shot candidate will waste his one shot here knowing we fire HCs after 1 or 2 years. i wouldn't. thats how you get Adam Gases. coaches nobody wants to hire.

so you fire JD after 2 drafts. after he tore it down to the bare bones with ownerships approval. whos coming here? Woody would look so bad if he did that cause obviously he knew what the deal was and was ok with it. now he stabs his GM in the back. thats not a good look.

i can guarantee you they wont be better. the better guys would go somewhere else.

and we would have some pair of balls to fire any of these guys after we gave them the youngest team in the league with 12 rookies including the QB.

this wasnt the Denver game. you know if Wilson stops throwing at peoples feet we might have won this game. 

i cant believe nobody can find any positives in this game. as bad as we played we were still in a position to win in the 4th qt. 

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Zach Wilson is not being well coached. If he were would not continue to force deep passes instead of getting short yardage gains. If the teach were being well coached, they would not continue to come out flat in the 1st quarter. If this team were well managed, then the we would not accummulating cap space as some sort of commodity, while the team clearly could use spending. 

This is the party line eh? It’s all Lefleur’s fault?

Completely disagree.  There was no semblance of good preparation.  Jets came in like the walking dead.  LaFleur's offense makes ZERO sense.  His plays make no sense, there is nothing he has done that is any good at all.  
There's no f--king plan there.  Reallty stupid calls and misuse of players. Yecchhh.  

Give him time ... hes transitioning from Madden 20 .. arguably the worst Madden ... to the NFL.

He just needs 4 more years .. hes young so give him time to suck more.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Give him time ... hes transitioning from Madden 20 .. arguably the worst Madden ... to the NFL.

He just needs 4 more years .. hes young so give him time to suck more.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Wilson couldn’t even execute a simple tag pass today.  

did the OP really watch this game? wtf happend with the fake fake punt?

you guys really need to do some research before you make these claims because this does not look like a good coached team.

• Post of the Week 2
5 hours ago, doitny said:

you guys really need to do some research before you make these claims because this does not look like a good coached team.

Exactly what I was coming I here to say 

Don't think it's the coaching think it's result of Wilson not ready to start Davis Mills is playing better then Wilson period. The mistake this team made was not having a QB who ran this offense like Mullins. Ultimately I didn't want Zach Wilson thought he was not even close to being worthy of a second pick let alone a first round pick thought he was a project QB but after taking him they should have signed Mullins who actually ran the offense. Let Wilson sit and learn the playback I think Davis Mills should have went alot higher. If this guy stayed in school 1 more year he probably goes in the  first round between 15 and 30. and I don't think it's lack of talent this team has been in every game but Zach poor play has killed them. Inaccurate short passes holding the ball to long trying to force the ball.

On 10/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, Dcat said:

Saleh, LaFleur & company better clean up their sh*t show here in a hurry.

So far, there is absolutely nothing to be impressed about by Saleh.  Nothing.

And don't start me on LaFleur.  He should be fired ASAP if the team wants any chance of developing this QB.

Woody Johnson has done it again.

So where was this post last week? Really easy to come here with this garbage after a loss. 

15 hours ago, doitny said:

Oh and this too. The OP just adding unnecessary negative nonsense. Congrats to all of the people after every loss making this board unreadable. Bad enough we lose, then we have to be bombarded with more. I can only ignore so many threads. 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Oh and this too. Seriously with this negative nonsense. Congrats, you are making this board unreadable. Bad enough we lose, then we have to be bombarded with this. I can only ignore so many threads. 

ignore me????

all i did was post a video to prove that the OP doesnt know what hes talking about.

whatever who cares...

15 hours ago, doitny said:

It's just an idiotic play with such limited upside.  So the ball can roll a few extra yards instead of getting fair caught.  it's insanely stupid - especially considering the Pats had only scored 9 points.

I'm just not sure how men can rise to the level of a multi million dollar a year employee and not get the very basics of their job.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, doitny said:

ignore me????

all i did was post a video to prove that the OP doesnt know what hes talking about.

whatever who cares...

Was talking to the OP, using your post as support

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Drums said:

So where was this post last week? Really easy to come here with this garbage after a loss. 

Saleh and his staff have been garbage so far.  Both sides of the ball.  The offense is infuriating.  Play action after play action leading to INT after INT, with no change in the scheme. Last week?  They beat a team minus 2 of its 3 main offensive weapons.  Nice.  Team was totally unprepared for London.  

"This Garbage"?  Jets coaching has been "This Garbage".