Jump to content

The reason the Jets are so bad, and it comes down to one word, stubbornness.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the bigger problem is that both Saleh and Douglas are treating this like a redshirt year for themselves because they’re starting a rookie and they act like every game is just extended pres

That is exactly how I feel, and it is all because the leadership of this team is stubborn as a mule.  The reasons: 1. Stubbornness not to bring in a veteran QB before the season, and allow Zach t

You forgot a few: Thinks that he can outsmart the league by bringing in cheap players with histories of injury. Things he can outsmart the league by drafting a meatball on toothpicks LT.

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

That is exactly how I feel, and it is all because the leadership of this team is stubborn as a mule.  The reasons:

1. Stubbornness not to bring in a veteran QB 

2. Stubbornness by JD 

3. Stubbornness by Saleh 

4. Stobbornnrss by Saleh

 

lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot a few:

Thinks that he can outsmart the league by bringing in cheap players with histories of injury.

Things he can outsmart the league by drafting a meatball on toothpicks LT.

Thinks that he can outsmart the league by bringing in small players in skill positions.

Thinks that free agents will want to come here seeing how he treated Osemele and Maye.

Thinks that reducing us to an expansion team roster without an expansion draft is a good idea.

Thinks that he can run the ball with an ancient Coleman and a dwarf Carter.

Thinks that hiring a CEO type HC will work then chooses a friendly rah-rah guy.

Thinks that hiring a Shanahan System OC will work when its failing all over the league.

SAR I 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You forgot a few:

Thinks that he can outsmart the league by bringing in cheap players with histories of injury.

Things he can outsmart the league by drafting a meatball on toothpicks LT.

Thinks that he can outsmart the league by bringing in small players in skill positions.

Thinks that free agents will want to come here seeing how he treated Osemele and Maye.

Thinks that reducing us to an expansion team roster without an expansion draft is a good idea.

Thinks that he can run the ball with an ancient Coleman and a dwarf Carter.

Thinks that hiring a CEO type HC will work then chooses a friendly rah-rah guy.

Thinks that hiring a Shanahan System OC will work when its failing all over the league.

SAR I 

 

I'm ad you mentioned the mini players Carter and Moore. Carter is talented but can't break a tackle. He got stopped by a hand on his shoulder pad today. Moore is a 3rd down slot/gadget guy, not a wideout. I honestly think Josh Adams would have made the best feature back for a zone blocking team that creates creases, not open holes. Moore is supposed to be Crowder plus deep ball skills. He's not as good as Crowder. Anyway thats my hot take. And yeah I still hate we rook Becton over Wirfs. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t know that stuff about Brandon Ayiuak being in the 49er HC doghouse.

The fact LaFleur and Salah just came from there..  The mims thing makes sense now😡😡

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They aren’t as good as they were last week.  Not as hopeless as they were against Denver.

However, they are still a bad team, and bad teams can’t fall behind like this every week.  
 

The CS has to correct these slow starts after the bye…

This is a cogent, measured and intelligent post. Thank you.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I'm ad you mentioned the mini players Carter and Moore. Carter is talented but can't break a tackle. He got stopped by a hand on his shoulder pad today. Moore is a 3rd down slot/gadget guy, not a wideout. I honestly think Josh Adams would have made the best feature back for a zone blocking team that creates creases, not open holes. Moore is supposed to be Crowder plus deep ball skills. He's not as good as Crowder. Anyway thats my hot take. And yeah I still hate we rook Becton over Wirfs. 

This.

Joe Douglas is trying so hard to be unconventional that all he's doing is proving to the league that conventional wins.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

The word is zach. 

He's moving at a snails pace mentally right now and missing layups. Give hime time. He's got the rest of the year to work on these issues. Josh Allen had similar issues his rookie year. 

Zach is showing nothing

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just picture this board if we'd brought in a past-his-best vet like Foles and sat Zach, our #2 overall draft pick.

"You can't judge the guy if he's sat on the bench".

"How's he ever going to learn if he doesn't play?"

"Why did we draft him just to sit him behind a washed up vet?"

"JD sucks / Saleh sucks / LaFleur sucks!"

"Free Zac!"

:D  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The season is shaping up like the start of each game. We're executing the second half of games. The second half of the season is when this team starts showing signs of growth. Look at the next three or four games. Pats, Bengals, Colts, Bills. Do you smell any victories coming before the Fins?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. First and foremost, a rookie defensive minded head coach should never ever bring in a rookie offensive coordinator. Especially to bring along a rookie QB. 
 

2. Our first 10-15  plays of every game on offense kill this team. Do we script plays at all? 
 

3. Zach is a rookie I get it but he’s missing most of his throws. Ball is always behind guys, very rarely puts the ball where they can run after the catch, can’t hit guys out of their breaks and doesn’t  see wide open guys. 
 

4. Talent wins! This is an expansion team type roster. We have a few guys emerging but this team doesn’t have anybody who scares opposing coordinators on either side of the ball. We need playmakers and game breakers desperately!

5. I’m not giving up on Saleh or JD but it all starts up top. We always bring in never been HC’s, never been Coordinaters and never been GMs. Hence the reason why we Never do sh*t!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

1. First and foremost, a rookie defensive minded head coach should never ever bring in a rookie offensive coordinator. Especially to bring along a rookie QB. 
 

2. Our first 10-15  plays of every game on offense kill this team. Do we script plays at all? 
 

3. Zach is a rookie I get it but he’s missing most of his throws. Ball is always behind guys, very rarely puts the ball where they can run after the catch, can’t hit guys out of their breaks and doesn’t  see wide open guys. 
 

4. Talent wins! This is an expansion team type roster. We have a few guys emerging but this team doesn’t have anybody who scares opposing coordinators on either side of the ball. We need playmakers and game breakers desperately!

5. I’m not giving up on Saleh or JD but it all starts up top. We always bring in never been HC’s, never been Coordinaters and never been GMs. Hence the reason why we Never do sh*t!!

The fact that the jets can’t get off the field on 3rd down in the first half and can’t get the offense going until 5 minutes are left in the first half is largely coaching.  Even the other bad teams are mostly competitive in the first half.  The jets sleepwalk through the first 25 minutes every game.   Wilson has not been good, that’s definitely a big part of it, but still, it goes way beyond wilson.  I suspect that there’s more miscommunication between wr and qb than we know, and that’s why they’re so afraid to play mims.  Some of the play calls are moronic.  But overall there’s just too many young guys being led by rookie coaches and when you watch the offense you wonder what vet has the gravitas and leadership to calm them down when things aren’t going well.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thinks that he can outsmart the league by bringing in cheap players with histories of injury.

 

I definitely forgot this one!  You know that  The Jets have a history of taking injured players. Take for example, Dee Milner, picked # 9 overall.  He was a bust, or DeWayne Robertson, picked #4 overall.  DeWayne, when drafted, had a bone-on-bone condition in one of his knees, and we traded (2) two first round picks to move up to get him.  We knew he was injury compromised, and we knew it was never going to get better, but we still traded up to get him.  He didn't last very long!

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it before, say it again.

JD is trying to make a name for himself in the NFL with some unique way of building BUT its not working. 

He's not the first guy to gamble like this and get burned. Hopefully the Jets catch on to this con man

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

False

maccagnan traded 3 second round picks and burned a 3rd overall on a QB he fell in love with because his teammates naturally gravitated to him on the sidelines (from the breer article) and ignored his flaws because he convinced himself that the jets needed locker room culture warriors more than actual players.  He thought Darnolds innate awesomeness was worth more than 3 second round picks to surround him with. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atlantajet333 said:

The second half of the season is when this team starts showing signs of growth.

been hearing this since week 1

Holding you all to the magical second half of the season we are headed for.

I do find it funny many of these posters are the same people who dismissed 2019 second half 6-2 as "garbage wins"

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Said it before, say it again.

JD is trying to make a name for himself in the NFL with some unique way of building BUT its not working. 

He's not the first guy to gamble like this and get burned. Hopefully the Jets catch on to this con man

FJDKU.jpg

SAR I

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alka said:

That is exactly how I feel, and it is all because the leadership of this team is stubborn as a mule.  The reasons:

1. Stubbornness not to bring in a veteran QB before the season, and allow Zach to initially watch and bring him along slowly to begin the season.

2. Stubbornness by JD not to address what all Jets fans knew before the season, and that is that we desperately needed a right guard, but JD said to let our mediocre O linemen fight it out to see who would start.

3. Stubbornness by Saleh to not see beyond the nose on his face not to put Denzel Mims on the outside and allow him to make plays.  Then Stubbornness by the coaches to not see clearly that Moore is not a wideout, and should be playing from the slot.

4. Stobbornnrss by Saleh not to hold Lefleur accountable and come up with a simplified gameplan so that Zach is not in over his head.

I feel that JD and Saleh will eventually get this right, but what is holding the team back so far is JD and Saleh.  The mistakes for this season has already been made, and unfortunately they can't undo the miserable decisions they have made up until now.  

Good points 

Moore should be slot

mims should take the lid off

lefleur needs to dumb down the offense

we needed a vet backup  badly

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the bigger problem is that both Saleh and Douglas are treating this like a redshirt year for themselves because they’re starting a rookie and they act like every game is just extended preseason.

Agreed, the lack of game planning and scheming plays for specific players is alarming.  If this is how these guys are gonna operate long-term this won’t end well.  The successful teams make opponent-specific adjustments.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Agreed, the lack of game planning and scheming plays for specific players is alarming.  If this is how these guys are gonna operate long-term this won’t end well.  The successful teams make opponent-specific adjustments.  

I dislike that they don’t even make adjustments to fit their own players. Is Zack Wilson not allowed to run the ball? Does Mims have to play exactly like Deebo Samuel? Why is Elijah Moore playing on the outside? Why are they still trying to make Wesco into a fullback even though he can’t do it? Why were they trying to use Becton in a zone blocking scheme? Why are they using Mosely as an off-the-ball OLB? Why did they draft two strong safeties, convert them into OLBs, and then not use them to cover TEs? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the bigger problem is that both Saleh and Douglas are treating this like a redshirt year for themselves because they’re starting a rookie and they act like every game is just extended preseason.

This is correct and they've been pretty upfront about it.

The reality is, that's what this is.  

Problem, of course, is the players know this too and there's no real urgency from them to win and/or get better.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I dislike that they don’t even make adjustments to fit their own players. Is Zack Wilson not allowed to run the ball? Does Mims have to play exactly like Deebo Samuel? Why is Elijah Moore playing on the outside? Why are they still trying to make Wesco into a fullback even though he can’t do it? Why were they trying to use Becton in a zone blocking scheme? Why are they using Mosely as an off-the-ball OLB? Why did they draft two strong safeties, convert them into OLBs, and then not use them to cover TEs? 

Preach brother. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...