Jump to content

Mims vs Moore is pretty gross


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Actually they’ve both flashed 

its on Clown Salad and LaFloor to not only put these guys in position but develop them as football players 

THIS.  We have seen signs that both players can be effective if we put them in the best position to succeed, which you would think is a CS job.  Especially when you have two top draft picks in their 1st and 2nd years on a team devoid of offensive talent.   Not saying they need to bench Davis or Cole, just get Mims and Moore additional targets and play to their strengths (STOP LINING UP MOORE ON THE OUTSIDE for instance)

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loved Rondale coming out but let's be honest here, the Jets have seemingly made zero effort, whether it's on the coaches or the QB, to get the ball in his hands in space.  Not sure if or how much it h

Elijah Moore isn’t even the best tiny receiving Moore drafted this year. Rondale Moore is already light years better.

Posted Images

One example from broadcast of how the stats don't always match performance.  Moore smokes the defense here.  If Wilson can set his feet sooner it could be a huge play.  As it stands, while Zach is escaping pressure, Moore runs out of real estate.  Incomplete pass.  It's the little things, but if pass pro holds up here and Moore isn't interfered with on deep ball later in the game, it's a monster performance.  Instead, it's 2 targets for 0 yards.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

One example from broadcast of how the stats don't always match performance.  Moore smokes the defense here.  If Wilson can set his feet sooner it could be a huge play.  As it stands, while Zach is escaping pressure, Moore runs out of real estate.  Incomplete pass.  It's the little things, but if pass pro holds up here and Moore isn't interfered with on deep ball later in the game, it's a monster performance.  Instead, it's 2 targets for 0 yards.

 

You are going to blame that on Wilson? Really? He had his back completely to the defense when Moore broke free. He was also running full speed to his left away from the play, 40 yards away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Elijah Moore isn’t even the best tiny receiving Moore drafted this year. Rondale Moore is already light years better.

I had to add the smiley face emoticon so that you would have the whole series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pichula said:

You are going to blame that on Wilson? Really? He had his back completely to the defense when Moore broke free. He was also running full speed to his left away from the play, 40 yards away.

No, I'm going to blame it on the O-line which is why I said "If he can set his feet sooner", which he is obviously not able to do because he is being chased by a guy who beat the O-line.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.d60dc65dc496dd1c83d2aec0ec40d0b7.png

This timeout was called in the 2nd quarter because Mims lined up in the wrong spot and Zach was yelling at him to move.  

Until Mims gets it, he's just not going to see the field as much as the other WRs.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t read much of the thread, but if we’re going to suck, let’s suck with Moore in the slot, and Mims out wide. I don’t care if Crowder and whoever else is better. We suck, let’s develop the kids… isn’t that supposedly the plan?

I’ll take it a step further. Start Carter at RB, Yeboah at TE, Davis at safety and whichever other draft picks are languishing on the bench or PS? Throw their asses on the field also.

If we’re going to win 2-3 games this year, why the hell not?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Oh come guys, as soon as Mims earns his playing time in practice he will get more targets. Obviously our coaching  staff has a plan and Mims catching 75% of the balls thrown  to him for close to the highest yards per catch in the NFL obviously isn’t part of that plan. Trust the system. 

At this point, Mims is making Saleh and LaFleur look bad.  He's been restricted from catching no more than 1 ball a game. That way they can say SEE SEE SEE  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I haven’t read much of the thread, but if we’re going to suck, let’s suck with Moore in the slot, and Mims out wide. I don’t care if Crowder and whoever else is better. We suck, let’s develop the kids… isn’t that supposedly the plan?

I’ll take it a step further. Start Carter at RB, Yeboah at TE, Davis at safety and whichever other draft picks are languishing on the bench or PS? Throw their asses on the field also.

If we’re going to win 2-3 games this year, why the hell not?

 

Problem with that is you're making Zach vulnerable protection wise. They've been running a lot of 2 TE sets and Crowder is an accomplished route runner and safety valve who just knows how to get open.  But there's no reason to split time with Crowder and get Moore going in the slot.  Mims, on the other hand, is the X factor. He needs to be on the field with Corey Davis.  His speed and height are just ideal for Zach to throw up those lolipops he loves to heave. Mims is a nightmare matchup for those small DB's. His vertical was 37 inches. Julio Jones was 38.  And Mims, as has been said countless times, excels on those sideline routes.   Does FaFleur even realize the weapon he has locked up? Ashtyn Davis?: I dont know man. There's a skateboard competition coming up in Cali he should probably sign up with.  What has he done other than shoot up the Jets medical insurance plans.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Problem with that is you're making Zach vulnerable protection wise. They've been running a lot of 2 TE sets and Crowder is an accomplished route runner and safety valve who just knows how to get open.  But there's no reason to split time with Crowder and get Moore going in the slot.  Mims, on the other hand, is the X factor. He needs to be on the field with Corey Davis.  His speed and height are just ideal for Zach to throw up those lolipops he loves to heave. Mims is a nightmare matchup for those small DB's. His vertical was 37 inches. Julio Jones was 38.  And Mims, as has been said countless times, excels on those sideline routes.   Does FaFleur even realize the weapon he has locked up? Ashtyn Davis?: I dont know man. There's a skateboard competition coming up in Cali he should probably sign up with.  What has he done other than shoot up the Jets medical insurance plans.

Also why not use mims when they get in the red zone?

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AFJF said:

One example from broadcast of how the stats don't always match performance.  Moore smokes the defense here.  If Wilson can set his feet sooner it could be a huge play.  As it stands, while Zach is escaping pressure, Moore runs out of real estate.  Incomplete pass.  It's the little things, but if pass pro holds up here and Moore isn't interfered with on deep ball later in the game, it's a monster performance.  Instead, it's 2 targets for 0 yards.

 

LOL wow thats what I call OPEN. Van Rotten does it again.  If JD doesnt address this next year, I'll sign the petition. In fact, they need to do it now.  Somehow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Loved Rondale coming out but let's be honest here, the Jets have seemingly made zero effort, whether it's on the coaches or the QB, to get the ball in his hands in space.  Not sure if or how much it has changed, but NextGen a couple of weeks ago had Moore getting more separation than any receiver on the roster and it wasn't even close.  Was averaging over 4 yards of separation.  How you don't get the ball in his hands with that being the case is beyond me.

 

I am getting the sense that Wilson prefers passing to bigger targets. He has fallen in love with Davis and seems to feed Mims whenever he gets on the field.  

I don't think that is a knock on Moore, yet, I think that a rookie QB struggling with accuracy from the pocket will want to pass the ball to guy that has a bigger catch radius. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

THIS.  We have seen signs that both players can be effective if we put them in the best position to succeed, which you would think is a CS job.  Especially when you have to top draft picks in their 1st and 2nd years on a team devoid of offensive talent.   Not saying they need to bench Davis or Cole, just get Mims and Moore additional targets and play to their strengths (STOP LINING UP MOORE ON THE OUTSIDE for instance)

Its fairly obvious Saleh has no idea what he's doing on the offensive side of the ball and allows LaFleur full control of it.  Seems we are just stuck with this like we were under Rex.  

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

image.png.d60dc65dc496dd1c83d2aec0ec40d0b7.png

This timeout was called in the 2nd quarter because Mims lined up in the wrong spot and Zach was yelling at him to move.  

Until Mims gets it, he's just not going to see the field as much as the other WRs.

 

At the same time, if he gets on the field more perhaps he will get more comfortable.  **** it, play the guy.  I can live a mistakes like that as long as he continues to catch what is thrown to him.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

At this point, Mims is making Saleh and LaFleur look bad.  He's been restricted from catching no more than 1 ball a game. That way they can say SEE SEE SEE  

I am predicting that sometime over the next few games he is going to really breakout.  Saleh and LaFleur will say, he has finally caught on, blah, blah, blah.   There might even be a little truth to that, but there is no way you can convince me that he was so bad he shouldn't have even been active for two games and then limited to 2 or 3 targets (if that many) in two others.  Just send the dude deep and heave the ball to him is probably worth a least one pass interference call per game.   I remember last year there was  a game with something like 3 or 4 pass interference penalties called against dbs covering Mims.   Of course our CS is much to smart to try take advantage of match up advantage (6'3 215 lb Mims with 4.4 speed and 37 inch vertical against 5'11 dbs).  

But even with all that the one thing that has be totally unforgivable; WHY ISN'T MIMS IN THE GAME WHEN THEY ARE IN THE RED ZONE?????   HAVE THEY NOT SEEN THE SAME FILM WE HAVE OF HIM DOMINATING THAT PART OF THE FIELD??!!  

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I am predicting that sometime over the next few games he is going to really breakout.  Saleh and LaFleur will say, he has finally caught on, blah, blah, blah.   There might even be a little truth to that, but there is no way you can convince me that he was so bad he shouldn't have even been active for two games and then limited to 2 or 3 targets (if that many) in two others.  Just send the dude deep and heave the ball to him is probably worth a least one pass interference call per game.   I remember last year there was  a game with something like 3 or 4 pass interference penalties called against dbs covering Mims.   Of course our CS is much to smart to try take advantage of match up advantage (6'3 215 lb Mims with 4.4 speed and 37 inch vertical against 5'11 dbs).  

But even with all that the one thing that has be totally unforgivable; WHY ISN'T MIMS IN THE GAME WHEN THEY ARE IN THE RED ZONE?????   HAVE THEY NOT SEEN THE SAME FILM WE HAVE OF HIM DOMINATING THAT PART OF THE FIELD??!!  

 

Whatever, does he even know that playbook?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Whatever, does he even know that playbook?

Yes, it is called throw him the ball and he will catch it.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I am predicting that sometime over the next few games he is going to really breakout.  Saleh and LaFleur will say, he has finally caught on, blah, blah, blah.   There might even be a little truth to that, but there is no way you can convince me that he was so bad he shouldn't have even been active for two games and then limited to 2 or 3 targets (if that many) in two others.  Just send the dude deep and heave the ball to him is probably worth a least one pass interference call per game.   I remember last year there was  a game with something like 3 or 4 pass interference penalties called against dbs covering Mims.   Of course our CS is much to smart to try take advantage of match up advantage (6'3 215 lb Mims with 4.4 speed and 37 inch vertical against 5'11 dbs).  

But even with all that the one thing that has be totally unforgivable; WHY ISN'T MIMS IN THE GAME WHEN THEY ARE IN THE RED ZONE?????   HAVE THEY NOT SEEN THE SAME FILM WE HAVE OF HIM DOMINATING THAT PART OF THE FIELD??!!  

 

In that film, he's being interefered with numerous times with DB's draped all over him.  He's a matchup nightmare in the red zone and down the sidelines.  Yesterday, Wilson threw a lolipop to Davis and got a PI that got them back in the game.  Exactly what they need to do with Mims as you stated.  It's astonisishing looking at this film, Mims has yet to score a TD with the Jets in 21 games and counting.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Whatever, does he even know that playbook?

I  think they playbook is empty as shown by the plays the jets are running

only the jets would draft two wrs with high draft picks and set them both up to fail

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

This coaching staff seems to do more than just play favorites - they act as if they have the clout and gravitas to be above questioning of their decisions.  I can’t understand why they love moore so much and hate mims so much. 

I can't understand why you might be open to coaching who welcome questioning and second guessing. Just think of how that would play out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth is that Wilson has missed Moore for what should have been several huge plays, including what could have been a TD in the NE game. 

 

Also, the huge PI that put the ball on the goal line to setup the last touchdown was on a pass to Moore. 

 

If/When (huge IF) Wilson starts playing better, Moore will have big plays because he gets open. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, kmnj said:

moore is a freaking slot player, mims is an outside guy

we have the dumbest coach and gm in the league that is allowing this to happen

 

LaFleur is what? 34 years old. He's an intellectual idiot. You know the type. The kind that thinks he's smarter than everyone else yet cant think himself out of a paper bag.  He is literally RUINING Zach right in front of our eyes. And Saleh is doing NOTHING about it.  LaFleur is totally over his head. He has no clue what he is doing, how to take advantage of these guys special skill sets.  Its a long long long list of what the **** is he doing.  Everyone here can see it and the majority of us have no clue how to technically assemble an offensive game plan.  But the simple obvious approaches are there for the taking. And what do we get?  Idiotic game plans, routes that take forever to run behind an offensive line that is just going to get Zach squashed.  Look at Matt Jones and look hard.  Josh Daniels rarely puts Jones in a situation where he is back there waiting for a route to develop. Its one two bang. One two bang.  Jones is looking like an improved version of Chad Pennington.  In fact, he's probably related to Chad. Run his DNA. Zach is looking like a deer lost in the headlights.  This bum, LaPuke, needs to go. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I  think they playbook is empty as shown by the plays the jets are running

only the jets would draft two wrs with high draft picks and set them both up to fail

Well they set one up to fail and refuse to play the other one. Not sure that’s any better or worse honestly. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

But do we really need a 6'3" speed guy who catches contested balls in the Red zone and catches everything with vice grip hands.......;)

 

Not according to this CS.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have to add the yards to his total that resulted in a PI in the endzone. I believe he had another long one as well. Those are both as good as a catch. I do believe he should be in the slot and will start to put up big numbers once the offense gets into a rhythm. He's a rookie. I remember Santana Moss having trouble getting started - injuries, new to the game. He took off after the first year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like both in different roles.  Mims can stretch the field and get open.  Moore can make big plays when he gets the ball in his hands in the open field.

Mims hasn't gotten a real chance yet.  Moore was hurt but has explosive potential.  He was wide open for a big play all the way across the field in the 4th quarter.  Zach didn't see him.

Jet receivers don't get separation.  Mims and Moore have the ability to stretch the coverage.  Their speed would create better opportunities for Corey Davis.  Cole is a solid #3 wideout and Crowder is a solid possession receiver.  It's too easy for defenses to neutralize Davis with no other big play threat on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Elijah Moore is 21, missed most of training camp and preseason to injury, just came back for his first game after recovering from a concussion and is playing with a wildly inconsistent rookie QB. Jets fans: How dare he not dazzle and entertain us us!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...