Anyone else think it was obnoxious and in poor taste to follow a beautiful talented UK opera singer who sang at field level by a self serveing performance by marisha wallace craned to to top of a stadium as if to look down upon everyone there ? It was like she never heard the song before and was trying to make it 'her own'.

Maybe its just me ... seemed in poor taste and and it was poorly executed as well.

Idk .. maybe im just still cranky from watching that sh*t show yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was so outraged I wrote a strongly worded letter to NFL Network 

Of all of the things to complain about yesterday’s game; this is not one of them 

Didn’t watch the anthems. The broadcast was trash though. Missing key replays on plays. 

What I found interesting was that they played the host nation's anthem first. Having had Devils tickets for many years, whenever they played a Canadian team the Canadian national anthem was first.

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Anyone else think it was obnoxious and in poor taste to follow a beautiful talented UK opera singer who sang at field level by a self serveing performance by marisha wallace craned to to top of a stadium as if to look down upon everyone there ? It was like she never heard the song before and was trying to make it 'her own'.

Maybe its just me ... seemed in poor taste and and it was poorly executed as well.

Kind of looked like they wanted to show off the stadium and the ledge thing they have in place.  I thought they said there was an observation deck up there. 

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Crowd seemed to like it on the broadcast. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was thinking how weird it was that they built this beautiful stadium and put a sh*tty metal chicken sculpture on top of it. 

Not sure if you're being facetious or genuine. :D 

I'm really tired of the totally overdone R&B massacring of the national anthem. It's over, it's old hat. It's been done, and a lot of these people need to stop thinking they're Aretha Franklin. Learn the words and stop worrying about hitting the extra high note. I'd like to see how many of these singers can actually explain to you what the words mean without looking at them on a piece of paper.

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'm really tired of the totally overdone R&B massacring of the national anthem. It's over, it's old hat. It's been done, and a lot of these people need to stop thinking they're Aretha Franklin. Learn the words and stop worrying about hitting the extra high note. I'd like to see how many of these singers can actually explain to you what the words mean without looking at them on a piece of paper.

Cringe.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Didn’t watch the anthems.

The broadcast was trash though. Missing key replays on plays. 

NFL Networks game coverage is almost always the worst, especially in replay coverage.

• Upvote 3
22 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'd like to see how many of these singers can actually explain to you what the words mean without looking at them on a piece of paper.

83bd0cde12473086f27a08eac618cbf1.gif

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I was thinking how weird it was that they built this beautiful stadium and put a sh*tty metal chicken sculpture on top of it. 

No kidding. Every time a fat man can see it from ten miles away he drives there just to find a stupid stadium rather than an awesome wings joint. 

• Haha 4
27 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The only person who should sing the anthem is lee greenwood and lee greenwood only

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only person who should sing the anthem is lee greenwood and lee greenwood only

Rosanne Barr, I still remember my fathers face when she cawed out her version. It was priceless. Guy didn’t say a word, literally watched the game without saying a thing during the firsts quarter. Took a day for him to finally talk about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Are you kidding?  It was the highlight of the entire game.  After the National Anthem, it all went downhill after that.

• Post of the Week 2
42 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

angry star trek GIF

• Haha 4
46 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Poor guy

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
My 11 year old was flabbergasted. "The song is about how we kicked them out so why would they let us play it in their country?!?!" Bygones. 
Yeah was weird to me .. almost should have been flagged as taunting ... but the refs overlooked it because the execution was so poor.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I thought it was kind of cool. 

It was epic.  She was rad.  So cool.  Best part of the game, IMO.  Beautiful person singing a beautiful rendition of a terrible song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3