Michael Carter

2 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

What holes? This OL for run blocking sux. They got better at pass blocking so they are no longer at the bottom. yippeee

You can make the argument its the OL's fault but he's missing a lot of holes that I can see and he's a terrible runner in the open field when he does hit the hole. Instead of making quick cuts and running into the open field with conviction he dances and gets nothing. He has absolutely zero ability to cut on the run and its obvious when he starts stuttering and dancing giving tacklers the chance to easily make a tackle. As I have said before he is the reincarnation of Blair Thomas who had the same exact problem except Blair was better than Carter. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You can make the argument its the OL's fault but he's missing a lot of holes that I can see and he's a terrible runner in the open field when he does hit the hole. Instead of making quick cuts and running into the open field with conviction he dances and gets nothing. He has absolutely zero ability to cut on the run and its obvious when he starts stuttering and dancing giving tacklers the chance to easily make a tackle. As I have said before he is the reincarnation of Blair Thomas who had the same exact problem except Blair was better than Carter. 

I think your expectations for a rookie RB behind this OL are not realistic.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

carter is a good player.  he does hit the holes when they are there and he's patient when he can be.  the oline needs to block better.

Ranger we don't disagree much but on this one I'm gonna have to go the other way. Hitting a hole is one thing doing something other than dancing after he hits the hole is the problem I have with his play.  Perine will take the Job when he comes back

1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

I think your expectations for a rookie RB behind this OL are not realistic.

Rookie RB's more so than any other rookie position player play with more instinct and are usually way ahead of other position players when it comes to immediate impact. From what I have seen he's a terrible runner and that's why he's averaging 3.5 per carry. If the Pats did not totally avoid playing the run against us Carter might be averaging well under 3 YPC. He gets tripped up more than Frank Gore

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Ranger we don't disagree much but on this one I'm gonna have to go the other way. Hitting a hole is one thing doing something other than dancing after he hits the hole is the problem I have with his play.  Perine will take the Job when he comes back

we'll see.  he made a couple of nice runs off the left side and then his two touchdowns showed he can hit the hole with speed.  i think as the oline gets better he'll look a lot better.  i also think one of the real issues is they've almost forgotten about the run game.  sure passes are pretty and all but if the jets keep getting 3 and outs then it's a problem.

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Stinks

Discuss

To be honest, I don't believe he was a scheme fit. This type of running offense requires a one cut runner, someone like Chubba Hubbard, who has been quite productive in Carolina. Michael Carter's tape was so fun to watch because he runs like Leon Washington/ Reggie Bush scat back style. But I didn't think it was a scheme fit, and still don't. He could improve if the o-line improves. But I would have to agree with this take at this point.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He is being used as a lead back and he isn't  one. It's pretty obvious we need to sign or draft a RB. We could have drafted Javonte Williams instead  of Moore. 

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not really impressed. He’s not as fast as he was advertised and doesn’t break tackles either. He had a massive hole yesterday on one run and was brought down with a weak arm tackle.

If people want to talk size Austin Eckler is 5'10" 200 and has run for 347 years at a 5.2 per carry clip. Hes a total beast in the passing game

Wonder what these ten guys below do for their QB ? Look at the teams and their records. 

Mayfield has Hunt and Chubb wonder if that helps a bit ? Think Eckler had an impact taking pressure off Herbert ? Think Joe Mixon takes pressure off Joe Burrow ? Derrick Henry / Tannehill . Dak has Elliot and Pollard and Pollard would be our premier back .

This team, with the amount of picks we have in next years draft, better get the best RB on the board to take pressure off our Young QB or this will turn into another sh*t show just like it kind of is now.

Wo