Jump to content

Wilson 1st vs 2nd half stats


Uncle Nicco
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pretty glaring, other than the Broncos game all have been fairly competitive late. As an example TL doesn’t have this pattern yet is playing in blowout losses every week… My only theory is they in the first half we are calling plays to try and establish the run game, control the clock, keep the D off the field, get Zach “easy” completions. Vs just trying to move the dam ball and score.


Wilson 1st half vs 2nd half 

292 yards, 47%, 0 TD, 6 INT

786 yards, 63%, 4 TD, 3 INT


Lawrence 1st half vs 2nd half 

584 yards, 59%, 4 TD, 3 INT

562 yards, 59%, 2 TD, 5 INT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Saleh and LaFleur need to have a sit down with Wilson and find out what is going on and watch the film. The commentators in yesterday's game kept saying and insisting that he has a problem throwing the easy passes that are called by the coach but not the hard passes that are called. That needs to be corrected because its hurting the team in the first half because they have to come from behind every time.

Hopefully, after the bye week Wilson will be alot better and confident at getting the ball to his WRs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Both Saleh and LaFleur need to have a sit down with Wilson and find out what is going on and watch the film. The commentators in yesterday's game kept saying and insisting that he has a problem throwing the easy passes that are called by the coach but not the hard passes that are called. That needs to be corrected because its hurting the team in the first half because they have to come from behind every time.

Hopefully, after the bye week Wilson will be alot better and confident at getting the ball to his WRs

I agree that it needs to be corrected, but it’s not the reason for the slow start, it’s just not. This affected the Griffin throw late in the game vs Tennessee. 

This week we started slow because of a bad snap and a drop on 3rd 2. After that play we didn’t see the ball again until the second quarter. Yes, he threw a slant behind Davis later in the second quarter, but that was on 1st down and it wasn’t a gimmie throw. Every QB misses passes and I put this in that category. 
 

This crowder play happened late in the first half and it forced us to kick a FG instead of a TD. It was horrible but not the reason for the slow start. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He needs to have someone who has has played QB in the NFL with some success to mentor him. Lafleur doesn't know what it is like to be under Center in the NFL. He needs an experienced hand to give him sage advice. Give Chad a call to become the QB coach. His kid is playing in his final HS season this fall (Chad's the HC), so Chad is probably going to be looking for something to do. I honestly think personality wise and mental make-up-wise Chad and Zach are a good match as QB coach/QB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This kid, from my perspective is obviously jittery in early games at this point, and I think that the coaching staff realizes this, and prefers to ease him into games.

I would like  to see them create a hurry up situation that requires less reading, and more reacting. Don't make him process.

Said the same thing on the site yesterday during halftime. Also think they need to play Moore and Mims a ton. They are going to be the guys who will be here long term with Zack, better start accepting it now and let them grow together. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Offensive game plan in 1st half stinks.  Very conservative and predictable.  Puts then in too many 3rd and longs.

Open it up.  We're not going anywhere this year.  Try some things early.

If you were the other team and saw how badly Wilson struggles, would you let the Jets establish a running game?  They need to burn them in the passing game early.  Back the linebackers and safeties up.  That will open up some running lanes.  We have ZERO passing yards in total over 5 games in the first quarter!!!!!  Think anyone respects our passing game?   Lafleur needs to let it rip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

This kid, from my perspective is obviously jittery in early games at this point, and I think that the coaching staff realizes this, and prefers to ease him into games.

I would like  to see them create a hurry up situation that requires less reading, and more reacting. Don't make him process.

This. He looks so much more comfortable in the hurry up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, it’s because the opposing defenses have been playing prevent and he’s been picking up garbage time stats. 

There's truth to this, but this doesn't explain the Titans game. 

There's definitely something to these slow starts on offense. And it's not just the QB - The first quarter of every game has been littered with dropped passes and missed blocking assignments, in addition to Wilson just looking lost. There is a coaching issue here. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's just throw the ball backwards the first 2 possessions to start the game down 14-0.  Get an early jumpstart on the deficit so we can start the comeback early.

We need a new passing game coordinator

image.jpeg.182b8f4f23635968ff471dee96b57f13.jpeg

Whenever Zach throws a home run ball when a single is there for the taking, he has to do pushups right there on the field.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, Pichula said:

Pretty glaring, other than the Broncos game all have been fairly competitive late. As an example TL doesn’t have this pattern yet is playing in blowout losses every week… My only theory is they in the first half we are calling plays to try and establish the run game, control the clock, keep the D off the field, get Zach “easy” completions. Vs just trying to move the dam ball and score.


Wilson 1st half vs 2nd half 

292 yards, 47%, 0 TD, 6 INT

786 yards, 63%, 4 TD, 3 INT


Lawrence 1st half vs 2nd half 

584 yards, 59%, 4 TD, 3 INT

562 yards, 59%, 2 TD, 5 INT

I'll take Wilson's half time stats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

He needs to have someone who has has played QB in the NFL with some success to mentor him. Lafleur doesn't know what it is like to be under Center in the NFL. He needs an experienced hand to give him sage advice. Give Chad a call to become the QB coach. His kid is playing in his final HS season this fall (Chad's the HC), so Chad is probably going to be looking for something to do. I honestly think personality wise and mental make-up-wise Chad and Zach are a good match as QB coach/QB.  

not a bad call.  chaddy new how to play the game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...