Can the AFC East ever just be open?

kevinc855

Was watching the Bills manhandle the Chiefs and was thinking, the Patriots dominance just swapped out for the Bills? 

Can we at least have a few years where the division is wide open? I'm jealous of these AFC Souths and NFC Easts where a young developing team can at least hang around till November. 

The Jets are behind schedule in the rebuild, but even/if the train starts arriving it seems its a battle to Wildcard spots. Allen and the Bills look levels levels ahead of us, the Pats, and the Dolphins who are completely imploding. 

Bills have 6 easy cakewalk games vs the AFC East this year. After last night's game I was looking at their schedule and I don't see them being challenged by anyone other than the Buccaneers in week 14. If they don't have any really significant injuries they should go at least 15-2 this season. Then they can get knocked out in the playoffs by the Ravens or Chargers because I cannot stand the Bills up here. Lol

• Upvote 1

The Jets should be where the Bills and Browns are right now but they muffled it 

the epic beat downs this team is going to endure in January will be quite sobering, yes even if the bucs and bills are resting starters. 

The Jets are an expansion team compared to the Bills Browns Chargers and Ravens 

drafting a corner and center and TE isn’t fixing this thing. 

the window was there and they just blew it

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I need to do some research but after Darnold was drafted we were going to be in the Super Bowl this year or 2022

It was this year we were supposed to contend for a Super Bowl. It's year 4 of Sam Darnold's rookie contract. Year 4 for Zach is 2024. By that season the lowly Jets should expect to snap their 13 season (2011-2023) playoff drought. Am I right?  If not the Jets are on their 5th GM, 5th head coach and another neophyte quarterback to introduce the new uniforms. Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

Bills are the betting favorite to win the Super Bowl right now and I don’t see that changing. JD should look at what Buffalo did and just copy it. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

And if that wasn’t annoying enough, the Patriots may be good again next year because Mac is developing nicely.

Dolphins suck though and taking Tua (and sticking by Tua) has set them back years which is great.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Was watching the Bills manhandle the Chiefs and was thinking, the Patriots dominance just swapped out for the Bills? 

Can we at least have a few years where the division is wide open? I'm jealous of these AFC Souths and NFC Easts where a young developing team can at least hang around till November. 

The Jets are behind schedule in the rebuild, but even/if the train starts arriving it seems its a battle to Wildcard spots. Allen and the Bills look levels levels ahead of us, the Pats, and the Dolphins who are completely imploding. 

As much as I wish this weren't true, we're not going to see another 20 year run of Pats like dominance in the division, nothing close to it. Not by the Bills or anyone else. The Bills have their window now but as we've seen from other teams not from NE, it closes pretty fast.

Hell, I just want us to make the most of it and win a SB while I'm still alive

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, rangerous said:

could it the pitfalls of giving one player 50 million per season?

No. That’s the crazy part. His increased salary hasn’t even kicked in yet.

His counts like $8M  against the cap this  year. Next year? Over $30M. 

They’re going to have to let even more guys go.

• Upvote 2

On 10/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, Matt39 said:

The Bills made good hires and found a quarterback. Every team in each division has an example of this maybe besides the NFC East. But then again Dak is a stud.

Dak is better than any QB we have had since . . . Vinny for one season? Namath? 

I'd pay top dollar for a QB as good as Dak. Our QBs haven't even been average - they have been consistently bottom third of the league. It's just been unreal. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

As much as I wish this weren't true, we're not going to see another 20 year run of Pats like dominance in the division, nothing close to it. Not by the Bills or anyone else. The Bills have their window now but as we've seen from other teams not from NE, it closes pretty fast.

Hell, I just want us to make the most of it and win a SB while I'm still alive

buffalo is into year two right now.  just 18 to go.  in reality they'll falter.  maybe 3 more seasons.  at some point allen's contract demands will eat too much into the salary cap as will any really good players they want to retain.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1