When will the next Jets winning season be?

jgb

When will Jets have another winning season?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Next Jets winning season will be...

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

even on sunday, they had some bad plays with a little cleaning up would've given them a win.  most of it is on lafleur and wilson not hitting bunny passes.  they're going to get better.  and becton should be due to come back after the break.

They had as much chance of winning this game as DWC has of being brought back to the forum.

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Really depends on what happens with Wilson the rest of the way. 

If he busts and I'm not feeling great about him at the moment it could be awhile because this regime is inherently forced to be invested in him, i.e. through 2023 at least.

This is the correct answer. 

As always, if the QB ends up being legit, the Jets will be in good shape for a long time because I think the defense will always at least be meh with Saleh here. 

The bad news is that, through 5 games, there is no reason to think that Wilson will magically be the one to overcome our notorious history of ineptitude and outright failure at the QB position. We've seen one really nice game among an abyss of offensive futility, characterized by shockingly slow starts, missed open WRs, dropped passes, and bad interceptions. 

The good news is that we are only 5 games in and Wilson has all the physical talent in the world. 

History is very much against us, but I'll always have hope that THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT (even though it probably isn't)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, slats said:

Another vampire who’s MIA after a win, but can’t wait to stir the pot after a ****ty game. 

So we had a political debate 15 years ago. Grow up and move on. And I was gone for like a month Sherlock that happened to coincide with an audit at work. Get another e-nemesis. This got stale a decade ago.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Don't know, but I'm ready to say that next year is a "RESULTS SEASON" of some measure.  Technically Douglas's 4th year at the helm; 2nd with his hand-picked HC and QB.  $70 million in cap space to spend, again.  5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Yep.  Even as one of Douglas' most ardent supporters on JN, I agree that next season had better be a playoff season or very close to it for me to not want him put firmly on the hot seat.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Even as one of Douglas' most ardent supporters on JN, I agree that next season had better be a playoff season or very close to it for me to not want him put firmly on the hot seat.

Assuming he makes all of the picks (and Mims is still around), 17% of the roster in 2022 will be comprised of his 1st and 2nd round picks.  Like...C'mon already.

• Upvote 1