Denzel Mims: # 1 in the NFL in Yards per Reception and Yards per Target

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But he can't make catches out of the slot so he sucks.   Yards per Reception leaders: Denzel Mims, NYJ:  24.3 Quez Watkins, PHI:  20.5 Henry Ruggs, LV:  20.5 Ja'

Until Mims masters theoretical physics, automotive repair, and can bake a soufflé that doesn't collapse when you take it out of the oven, how can we trust him to run go routes and catch jump balls in

The sample size is so small, it's pretty much irrelevant.  I think we can all agree that if Mims gets more opportunities, these numbers will come down. With that said, it makes zero sense why Mim

Posted Images

Just now, DoubleDown said:

The sample size is so small, it's pretty much irrelevant.  I think we can all agree that if Mims gets more opportunities, these numbers would come down.

With that said, it makes zero sense why Mims is not seeing the field.  The players ahead of him are not getting the job done.

Agree on all points. Even if he just comes in 3-4 times a game as a situational field stretcher that's gotta put him within the 45 best Jets players in terms of game impact.

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The sample size is so small, it's pretty much irrelevant.  I think we can all agree that if Mims gets more opportunities, these numbers will come down.

With that said, it makes zero sense why Mims is not seeing the field.  The players ahead of him are not getting the job done.

Bingo.  Cole has actually been pretty good, but how exactly are these guys firmly ahead of Mims on the depth chart?  Talk about ineptitude.

Corey Davis

• 55.6 % catch rate
  • 15.1 yards per reception
  • 8.4 yards per target

Jamison Crowder

• 73.3 % catch rate
  • 7.7 yards per reception
  • 5.7 yards per target

Elijah Moore

• 40 % catch rate
  • 8.3 yards per reception
  • 3.3 yards per target
  • Upvote 3

i think it on Wilson why these guys arent good.. his passes are not on target. and sometimes he doesnt throw a good spiral.

so im not sure if Mims can catch alot of his pass that get thrown behind him.

• Upvote 3
22 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think it on Wilson why these guys arent good.. his passes are not on target. and sometimes he doesnt throw a good spiral.

Mims is your best bet on the team to catch off-target passes.  And while Crowder and Cole likely have better hands than Mims, those 2 aren't capable of making plays downfield like Mims can.

• Upvote 4
7 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

There has to have been about 30 Mims posts in the last month and a half . Are some of these folks family members?

Just trying to get it where when people google "Jets" or "Jet Nation", Denzel Mims is the top option that comes up.

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he can't make catches out of the slot so he sucks.

Yards per Reception leaders:

1. Denzel Mims, NYJ:  24.3
  2. Quez Watkins, PHI:  20.5
  3. Henry Ruggs, LV:  20.5
  4. Ja'Marr Chase, CIN:  19.8
  5. Deonte Harris, NO:  19.7
  6. David Njoku, CLE:  18.6
  7. Bryan Edwards, LV:  18.2
  8. Deebo Samuel, SF:  17.7
  9. Van Jefferson, LAR:  17.3
  10. Marquise Brown, BAL:  17.2

Yards per Target leaders:

1. Denzel Mims, NYJ:  18.3
  2. Quez Watkins, PHI:  15.7
  3. David Njoku, CLE:  15.3
  4. Ja'Marr Chase, CIN:  13.0
  5. Henry Ruggs, LV:  12.4
  6. Christian Kirk, ARI:  12.3
  7. Marquise Brown, BAL:  11.6
  8. CJ Uzomah, CIN:  11.5
  9. Dallas Goedert, PHI:  11.4
  10. Maxx Williams, ARI:  11.4

@The Crusher

So this PROVES what PRECISELY!!

SO WHAT??

So Mims.......................the guy I wanted drafted is leading the league squeezing maximum results in LIMITED amount of playing time!!

So What??

The real questions is does he know the ROUTE TREE well enough so that he CAN'T get seperation like the other WRs or drop balls when they are thrown to him!!!!

Uggggg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s pretty simple, mims is an easy guy to find on the field.  It’s not a coincidence that wilson is finding him much easier than moore.  

Tiny receivers all over the place.  Bring back Darron Lee and convert him to a slot guy!

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

SO WHAT??

So Mims.......................the guy I wanted drafted is leading the league squeezing maximum results in LIMITED amount of playing time!!

So What??

The real questions is does he know the ROUTE TREE well enough so that he CAN'T get seperation like the other WRs or drop balls when they are thrown to him!!!!

Uggggg

Not sure if you're being facetious or not.  Before I proceed with dismantling this argument with a quickness, can you confirm whether you're a "free Denzel" guy or not?

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tiny receivers all over the place.  Bring back Darron Lee and convert him to a slot guy!

Also i don’t understand why they don’t isolate mims in the red zone.  Other teams take the biggest wr and throw it up to him.  We use the smallest guys we can find and try to wiggle our way in.

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

SO WHAT??

So What??

Uggggg

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure if you're being facetious or not.  Before I proceed with dismantling this argument with a quickness, can you confirm whether you're a "free Denzel" guy or not?

Ah, I see you repped the first post in the thread.  You are indeed a card-carrying "Free Denzel" member.  Carry on.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I wonder if we'll ever get a juicy tell-all with some detail at some point in the future. 

If it really is THAT juicy a situation, I would think Mims would have been traded already.  

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s pretty simple, mims is an easy guy to find on the field.  It’s not a coincidence that wilson is finding him much easier than moore.  

As much as I like Moore, I agree with this. 

Mims should be on the field a lot more (pun intended) than he has been

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

As much as I like Moore, I agree with this. 

Mims should be on the field a lot more (pun intended) than he has been

Especially since wilson likes to move around and improvise and mims can really help out b/c of his size.  Plus why not take a few flyers with him deep.  He could really draw a PI with his size.  I just feel like the coaching staff is making it harder than it has to be.  Use what you have.

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, doitny said:

He's had 3 catches off 4 targets so far ... very small sample size but that's in line with Crowder. Far ahead of Davis, though he's usually drawing the #1 coverage as everyone knows Zac will target him a lot.

• Upvote 1

Fine? He still doesn't know where to line up,, but it's fine ? Timeout wasted but it's all good. Can't get anymore delusional than that.

Ok fine, if they let him on the field more then he would likely get better at it. I still think Zach would like a couple guys to catch the ball when he actually does get it to them. 

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he can't make catches out of the slot so he sucks.

Yards per Reception leaders:

1. Denzel Mims, NYJ:  24.3
  2. Quez Watkins, PHI:  20.5
  3. Henry Ruggs, LV:  20.5
  4. Ja'Marr Chase, CIN:  19.8
  5. Deonte Harris, NO:  19.7
  6. David Njoku, CLE:  18.6
  7. Bryan Edwards, LV:  18.2
  8. Deebo Samuel, SF:  17.7
  9. Van Jefferson, LAR:  17.3
  10. Marquise Brown, BAL:  17.2

Yards per Target leaders:

1. Denzel Mims, NYJ:  18.3
  2. Quez Watkins, PHI:  15.7
  3. David Njoku, CLE:  15.3
  4. Ja'Marr Chase, CIN:  13.0
  5. Henry Ruggs, LV:  12.4
  6. Christian Kirk, ARI:  12.3
  7. Marquise Brown, BAL:  11.6
  8. CJ Uzomah, CIN:  11.5
  9. Dallas Goedert, PHI:  11.4
  10. Maxx Williams, ARI:  11.4

@The Crusher

He has 3 catches

5 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Fine? He still doesn't know where to line up,, but it's fine ? Timeout wasted but it's all good. Can't get anymore delusional than that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Hey if saving timeouts is more important than having guys on the field that can catch the ball and convert third downs then fine. Personally I'd rather burn a timeout and convert a couple extra third downs. Without converting third downs the likelyhood those timeouts are going to be worth anything late in the game is uhhh, in a word, delusional.

• Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Imagine a world where the Jets didn't funnel their offense through Ryan Griffin and Tyler Kroft. Where they designed plays to get their young playmakers the ball in space. And where Mims coming on the field in the 2nd quarter didn't mean with 85% certain it was going to be a running play. 

I know, I know.. but let me dream.

Im trying to image the game where they have.  

Griffin has 8 catches this season on 15 targets and Kroft has 6 catches on 10 targets. 

I also see no correlation between Mims leaving the field and running plays