Your weekly presentation of how good Alijah Vera-Tucker is

fullblast

I appreciate the effort to be a glass half full kind of guy, but outside of the Titans game, the Jets have barely been competitive in any of their games. If the Jets had as many good young players as you claimed, the team would look more competitive.

Obviously, you don’t watch the games, and that ok. In both the Carolina and Atlanta games they needed a defensive stop to have a chance to either take the lead or tie.
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Well?

I'd much rather hear that our $30M general manager with 30 premium picks and 30 months on the job was successful in picking a quarterback, a left tackle, a wide receiver, a running back, a cornerback, a linebacker, or a defensive end before hearing that his best pick ever [cue the band and the fireworks] is a goddamn guard.

SAR I

Maybe if we give the players more than a season....But I guess that is A LOT to ask after a decade of constantly losing.

On to the next brilliant GM who will have less than a season before they should be fired!

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

I appreciate the effort to be a glass half full kind of guy, but outside of the Titans game, the Jets have barely been competitive in any of their games. If the Jets had as many good young players as you claimed, the team would look more competitive.

I guess you seem to think being a losing franchise for 13 years gets erased over night.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

Obviously, you don’t watch the games, and that ok. In both the Carolina and Atlanta games they needed a defensive stop to have a chance to either take the lead or tie.

Right, it is obvious because how could someone ever watch an NFL game and have a different interpretation than you (this is called sarcasm). 

In Carolina, the only reason Carolina didn't put the game away early in the second half was because Darnold blew a couple of throws. 

In Atlanta, the Falcons fumbled twice within the Jets red zone which kept the game way closer than it should have been. The Falcons then played relatively conservative on offense in the. second half until they needed to score. They then proceeded to march right down the field on the Jets d. 

I would also remind you that through 5 games, the Jets have only held a lead in the Titans game. 

If that is your idea of competitive football, then let's just agree to disagree. 

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We must have different definitions of words.

Braden Mann had the 3rst worst punt average in the NFL last season.

Michael Carter is currently ranked 44th in rushing yards and 44th in YPC.

WOW....we disagree on a punter and a RB who has played all of 5 games.

Keep stretching Prodigal.  Your agenda almost COMPLETELY fits the narrative!

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

I guess you seem to think being a losing franchise for 13 years gets erased over night.

No, I think that after 13 years a fanbase should not have to keep swallowing lost seasons in the hope that young players who are not playing well will hopefully play better one day. Other franchises in the league are able to turn their ships around in a season or 2. Right now, the product on the field looks considerably worse than it did in 2019 when Douglas took over. If you are ok with that, well I'm happy for you, just don't expect me to share your optimism. 

49 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Maybe if we give the players more than a season....But I guess that is A LOT to ask after a decade of constantly losing.

On to the next brilliant GM who will have less than a season before they should be fired!

When your GM decides to transform your 7 win team into an expansion team and hang your hopes on a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players, all that matters is that these 1st and 2nd year players play well.

And they aren't.  Except for a guard.  The one position we would live without.

SAR I

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Right, it is obvious because how could someone ever watch an NFL game and have a different interpretation than you (this is called sarcasm). 

In Carolina, the only reason Carolina didn't put the game away early in the second half was because Darnold blew a couple of throws. 

In Atlanta, the Falcons fumbled twice within the Jets red zone which kept the game way closer than it should have been. The Falcons then played relatively conservative on offense in the. second half until they needed to score. They then proceeded to march right down the field on the Jets d. 

I would also remind you that through 5 games, the Jets have only held a lead in the Titans game. 

If that is your idea of competitive football, then let's just agree to disagree. 

Again, the Jets were a stop away from either tying or taking the lead. So to say they weren't is erroneous.

Vince Vaughn GIF

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

WOW....we disagree on a punter and a RB who has played all of 5 games.

Keep stretching Prodigal.  Your agenda almost COMPLETELY fits the narrative!

I picked 2 that stood out because they are easy to dispute. 

You listing players as good doesnt actually make them so. But whatever fits your agenda of propping up Douglas draft picks performances so far.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

LOOKS PRETTY DAMN GOOD ALREADY

Alijah Vera Tucker

Bryce Hall

Brandon Echols

Braden Mann

Bryce Huff (UDFA)

LOOKING GOOD, WE SHALL SEE

Javelin Guidry (UDFA)

Michael Carter

Michael Carter

Jamien Sherwood

MORE SAMPLE SIZE, BUT STILL LOTS OF HOPE

Denzel Mims

Elijah Moore

Mekhi Becton

Zach Wilson

WAIT AND SEE

Ashytn Davis

Hamsah Nasirildeen

Jonathan Marshall

DOESN'T LOOK SO GOOD

Cameron Clark

Lamical Perrine

NO GO

Jabari Zuniga

James Morgan

I get it.....we haven't gone to the Super Bowl yet, so we should probably be looking at replacing JD.  I mean, it HAS been one year for the first draft and 5 games for the second draft, so we SHOULD be leading the division by now, but I still hold out hope. 

This.

people forget that this is one of the youngest teams in the league.

With a rookie head coach AND a rookie quarterback AND a rookie offensive coordinator.

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I would say it's a toss up tbh. We shall see how the season unfolds. We certainly have an easier schedule this season.

So like… if this team ends up winning 4 games with a better point differential than last year that’d be an improvement. Add-in that the improvement would be with a rookie QB over a 3rd year QB plus this being the youngest roster in the league, that’s a good thing. Also if you look at key positions there’s an important change in the team talent level. 

When Macc got fired

Edge: Jachai Polite, Terrell Bashem, Jordan Jenkins 

CBs: Morris Claiborne, Tru Johnson, Bless Austin, Brian Poole

LT: Beachum/ Chuma Edoga

WR: Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder

Now:

Edge: Bryce Huff, JFM, Carl Lawson, Shaq Lawson

CBs: Bryce Hall, Brandon Echols, MC2, Javelin Guidry

LT: Becton, Fant 

WR: Just generally better 

I wish JD was generally more aggressive in free agency but as of right now the team is younger and better than where he started. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'm still waiting for people to explain with tangible evidence of what makes Douglas any better than Macc or Idzik. Because the results on the field so far certainly dont say it.

All three drafted a QB, which one is better? Zach has 2 improbable completions for TDs one at 14.1% to Berrios and one to Davis at 20.15%. All within the 1st 5 weeks.

He will eclipse 3500 yards this year as a rookie. Sam has only thrown more than 3000 yards once, Geno has done it once.

Offensive Line - AVT, Becton -  Edoga, Shell - Dozier, Aboushi, Winters

WR/TE - Mims, Moore - Herndon, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Wesco, Peake, Smith - Amaro, Saunders, Evans, Enuwaa

RB- Perine, Carter - Cannon, Maguire - Bohanon

DL - Marshall, Zuniga - Q Williams, Polite, Shepard, Fatukasi, Donahue, Simon, L Williams - Reilly, Richardson

LB - none - Cashman, Lee, Jenkins - Mauldin, George

DB - Carter, Pinnock, Echols, Davis, Hall - Austin, Nickerson, Adams, Maye, Clark, Jones, Burris - Pryor, Mcdougle, Dixon, Millner

UDFA - Guidry, Huff - Anderson - Miles

JD had 2 Drafts, Mac 5 and Idzik 2

I prefer JD by a long shot. A better QB, better OL, Better overall Weapons and like his secondary picks. The only position Mac drafted was the DL. Idzik's drafts were a mess.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Claymation said:

All three drafted a QB, which one is better? Zach has 2 improbable completions for TDs one at 14.1% to Berrios and one to Davis at 20.15%. All within the 1st 5 weeks.

He will eclipse 3500 yards this year as a rookie. Sam has only thrown more than 3000 yards once, Geno has done it once.

Offensive Line - AVT, Becton -  Edoga, Shell - Dozier, Aboushi, Winters

WR/TE - Mims, Moore - Herndon, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Wesco, Peake, Smith - Amaro, Saunders, Evans, Enuwaa

RB- Perine, Carter - Cannon, Maguire - Bohanon

DL - Marshall, Zuniga - Q Williams, Polite, Shepard, Fatukasi, Donahue, Simon, L Williams - Reilly, Richardson

LB - none - Cashman, Lee, Jenkins - Mauldin, George

DB - Carter, Pinnock, Echols, Davis, Hall - Austin, Nickerson, Adams, Maye, Clark, Jones, Burris - Pryor, Mcdougle, Dixon, Millner

UDFA - Guidry, Huff - Anderson - Miles

JD had 2 Drafts, Mac 5 and Idzik 2

I prefer JD by a long shot. A better QB, better OL, Better overall Weapons and like his secondary picks. The only position Mac drafted was the DL. Idzik's drafts were a mess.

Wilson looks as bad sanchez and geno so far. People can point to yards which arent impressive anyway,  but he is turning the ball over at an alarming rate and the offense is awful. Ranked 3rd to last and last in points. 

If JD is so much better and his players are better.....where are the results on the field?

• Upvote 2

Wilson looks as bad sanchez and geno so far. People can point to yards which arent impressive anyway,  but he is turning the ball over at an alarming rate and the offense is awful. Ranked 3rd to last and last in points. 

If JD is so much better and his players are better.....where are the results on the field?

Gaining experience.

Did you really expect the Jets to compete for a playoff spot this year?

45 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Gaining experience.

Did you really expect the Jets to compete for a playoff spot this year?

Not at all,  I predicted them to go 4-13. 

I expected the defense to be bad but I expected the offense to at least look decent.

To my surprise the defense has actually looked decent I can't deny that. Maybe our competition hasnt been the strongest but you can only play who is in front of you. I dont think our defense in the last 10 years or so has ever been terrible, its usually at least okay so I guess not much has changed there.

The offense though. .it just looks lifeless way too much. The first half slow starts are just brutal. At this point I am not 100% sure if its the talent or the coaches. And if anyone wants to blame it on the coaches well that's fine. But if it's on the coaches, well that also reflects on JD since he picked the head coach and let the coach fill up the staff with questionable choices.

At this point in my fandom, I am just tired man. I'm tired of excuses. I'm tired of being told to be patient. I just want to see tangible results on the field. If that means I'm negative then so be it. I don't want to hear about culture change, or hear about how things are changing, I want to see it.

And for the record, I was happy in the game thread during the titans game at the second half. It was the only time all season this team looked like they were having fun. And I do hope we see more of it. I hope all these guys you and others list as good picks show me that in the field. But I am just not going to treat these front offices with kid gloves anymore or sugar coat results. And believe me, I used to do it during the Sanchez and geno years.