Year the Jets can realistically move on from Wilson, Saleh, and Douglas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had high hopes for this regime, but I think they are in BIG trouble. If this kid can’t make accurate passes under pressure why was he drafted second overall? Last time I checked professional golfers

After the 2023 is the earliest.  But we will be one of the best teams in the league that year and competing for a super bowl so this whole discussion is a moot point.

Wow all this after 5 games??? We have hit some lows in fandom now. Guys and gals, we have to give this QB/Coach/GM some time. Not all the pieces in place yet. Let's be patient.  LL

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I think that was the plan but unfortunately Gregg Knapp was killed in the preseason 

Maybe someone long retired, like the original Shanahan, Norv Turner?

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

Shanahan senior, Norv Turner…Someone retired, who wouldn’t have to do this full-time

That was Knapp's role.  They brought in Cavanaugh.  I think they added him slowly out of respect and he has not been there that long.  None of them have, including the players, but people are shocked this isn't a well oiled machine.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Shanahan senior, Norv Turner…Someone retired, who wouldn’t have to do this full-time

I know it’s silly but Gase honestly could script a first drive pretty well and we are already paying him. Ok, ok I kid I kid. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know it’s silly but Gase honestly could script a first drive pretty well and we are already paying him. Ok, ok I kid I kid. 

True the master of a first drive TD…🤢🤢

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That was Knapp's role.  They brought in Cavanaugh.  I think they added him slowly out of respect and he has not been there that long.  None of them have, including the players, but people are shocked this isn't a well oiled machine.

Hopefully they use the bye to make some changes… At least so we can see progress as the games go on

I don't believe the Jets will ever win anything with the trio of Wilson, Saleh and Douglas. I've addressed the Wilson issue enough, but for Saleh (as a rookie HC) to come in with an all rookie staff and not sign a veteran backup QB and for Douglas to sign off on Saleh going that direction with his staff (I have to assume Douglas asked Saleh who he would fill the staff out with during the interview proccess) and not signing a veteran QB, I have extraordinarily low opinions of Saleh and Douglas and it if were up to me, I'd clean house today. That being said, there is no way that you can clean house until realistically after 2023. The only way the Jets clean house after 2022 is if this year and next year the team wins 3 games or less. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

After the 2023 is the earliest.  But we will be one of the best teams in the league that year and competing for a super bowl so this whole discussion is a moot point.

1711147087_giphy(67).gif.731f67f2b302cff621b9993d4ef29de3.gif196157.gif.6d54cc7c0457279694f7ef70f6afd2e5.giftenor.gif.a083280a8930f858e2814ac8aa4d5d2a.gif

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't believe the Jets will ever win anything with the trio of Wilson, Saleh and Douglas. I've addressed the Wilson issue enough, but for Saleh (as a rookie HC) to come in with an all rookie staff and not sign a veteran backup QB and for Douglas to sign off on Saleh going that direction with his staff (I have to assume Douglas asked Saleh who he would fill the staff out with during the interview proccess) and not signing a veteran QB, I have extraordinarily low opinions of Saleh and Douglas and it if were up to me, I'd clean house today. That being said, there is no way that you can clean house until realistically after 2023. The only way the Jets clean house after 2022 is if this year and next year the team wins 3 games or less. 

Of all the ******* bullsh*t things to complain about.  Your opinion of Saleh and Douglas would be higher if they'd signed Brian ******* Hoyer?  Are you ******* kidding me? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

It's too early to form a judgement on Wilson, Saleh, or even Lafleur. Douglas on the other hand, has had enough time to consider his value to the organization.  My reviews on him are mixed. 

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have to say, I hardly ever know what the **** you are talking about. 

A tag pass is a horizontal pass the QB throws usually to a WR split wide so he can catch and then run from the line of scrimmage 

Zach isn’t accurate even throwing that type of a pass

Just now, Albaniajet said:

A tag pass is a horizontal pass the QB throws usually to a WR split wide so he can catch and then run from the line of scrimmage 

Zach isn’t accurate even throwing that type of a pass

Thank you.  

Still not sure what the Sam thing was supposed to mean.

20 hours ago, funaz said:

Do we need to give them time? What has more time done for any of the past regimes?

Most people knew Sam was trash at the end of year two, everyone knew at the beginning of year three.

If you have a bad product throw it out, don’t sink more resources trying to fix a dud

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So don’t make the team better for the next QB, should there have to be a next QB, considering, this is game 5 and not the end of year 2?

sounds premature & stupid to me, champ.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Of all the ******* bullsh*t things to complain about.  Your opinion of Saleh and Douglas would be higher if they'd signed Brian ******* Hoyer?  Are you ******* kidding me? 

Complaining about not having a veteran backup QB is ridiculous? Ok. 

27 minutes ago, maury77 said:

It kind of is.  I apologize for the tone of my post, but who did you want them to sign.  Now think of how that makes a difference.  Did you see Glennon on Sunday?  Would you respect them if they signed that long necked scrub?  If so, I don't see why.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Move up a tee box.

Boom.

Snip that nut.

Does moving up a tee box suddenly mean my drives go 300 yards? 

Dont think that works.  My nut is safe. 

38 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Veteran QB is so overrated. Unless you want to actually bench Wilson and not have him play. Otherwise, find better coaches.

Brian Hoyer isn’t fixing Wilson’s footwork. 

An important lesson I've learned on this site since January, it is a lot easier to just block people that give you responses that you find idiotic rather than engaging in a worthless back and forth where people just dig in their heels and get aggravated. Namaste. 

42 minutes ago, maury77 said:

An important lesson I've learned on this site since January, it is a lot easier to just block people that give you responses that you find idiotic rather than engaging in a worthless back and forth where people just dig in their heels and get aggravated. Namaste. 

Well that would leave me about 3 posters

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, LSJF said:

Maybe someone long retired, like the original Shanahan, Norv Turner?

Because they're old and run completely different offense that we intended to run?