Updated 2022 NFL Draft Order

LockeJET

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Haven't really looked at the QB options but you have to wonder if Philly would pivot off Jalen Hurts this quickly like the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen.  And, it could be the Giants looking to move up for a QB and might have to negotiate with either the Eagles or Jets to get behind Detroit.

Don't they need to replace Barkley first? LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

looking at this board makes me wonder it this was part of the plan... hear me out.

from day 1 Saleh told us not to expect wins. so 4-5 wins were always part of the plan right?

so maybe the plan was to do that so these 10-11 draft picks including 2 1st rd and 2 2nd rd are as high as can be.

maybe thats why we have White as a backup and not a better guy who could win some games as backup.

could be the difference between building a solid playoff team and a solid SB contending team.

if your JD you figure that Wilson as a rookie will struggle but fully expect him to take off in 2022. you dont think you will ever draft this high again. 

• WTF? 1

I have no idea what JD will do with his draft capital. Last year, the offseason went mostly how I was hoping. But it's rare that happens.

For 2022, if I were JD, I would have a similar approach as 2021. Sign a couple of key FA's (RG, TE) and then go all offense on Day 1 and 2, and go all defense on Day 3.

Until we can confidently say Zach has no holes around him, we have to keep building the offense. You can't win in this league if your offense can't score.

I'd go 

Round 1: OC, WR (in no specific order)

Round 2: TE, RB (in no specific order)

Round 3: OG

This is after getting a quality starter at TE and RG in FA's and bringing back Moses and Coles (vet backup). I don't see us bring back Crowder. Fant and McGovern can be high quality backups.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

6th and 10th?

I do think I might just get the best Center and best available non-Center O-lineman, to pair with Becton and AVT (and Moses perhaps).

Sure, more weapons would be nice, admittedly.  A legit #1 WR.  An actual weapon at TE.

But if Wilson is to succeed, he needs two things more than any other:

1. To be protected and have time to throw.

2. A running game that can actually produce.

However we get there, if we cannot provide 1 and 2, Wilson (and anyone after him at QB) may never amount to anything.

Its a very weak wr class this year. Excellent ol and cb and edge

11 hours ago, LockeJET said:

I was going to do it every Tuesday after the Monday night game. But here it is before tonight. 

1. Detroit (0-6)

2. Jacksonville (1-5)

3. Philadelphia (via Miami: 1-5)

4. Houston (1-5)

5. New York Giants (1-5)

6. New York Jets (1-4)

7. New England (2-4)

8. Philadelphia (2-4)

9. Philadelphia (via Indianapolis: 2-4)

10. New York Jets (via Seattle: 2-4)

2 top 10 picks!  Delicious.

20 hours ago, derp said:

*Protecting Wilson is key and they also really need to be able to run the football to help him out.*

*fixed*   ^^

- this  ^^  is the KEY.  I think our gm knows/understands this. I hope he sticks to his plan and continues to build our roster.   

13 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Its a very weak wr class this year. Excellent ol and cb and edge

I don’t think the WR class is that weak - I don’t like the guys where they’re rated currently but it’s very possible 5+ guys go in the first round - you don’t see that in weak classes.

This class doesn’t have the depth of some of the insane classes we’ve seen recently and it kind of goes off a cliff in the 50-100 range but there are still definitely a bunch of interesting guys.

• Upvote 1

We will end up picking 3rd or 4th. Behind teams who outplay us nearly all season. 

The players ahead of us will be a highly rated QB/s who teams will be desperate to trade up for and Thibodeaux who’ll terrorise the league for a decade.

The Jets will pick Stingley who’ll be retired by 25 with injuries and a smaller school boom\bust tackle one pick after Linderbaum goes off the board. He busts. 

Not my first rodeo.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Perhaps my favorite part of this is:

1) Last year, MIA had a gift from HOU that landed them at #3 from where they traded themselves out of taking either Chase or Pitts.  

2) In the process, they gave PHI back the same gift they got from HOU in that they're looking at handing them the #3 pick in the draft next April.

Is it petty?  Yes.  I am not ashamed.

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, LockeJET said:

6. New York Jets (2-5)

7. New York Giants (2-5)

8. Philadelphia (3-5)

9. Philadelphia (via Indianapolis - 3-5)

10. New York Jets (via Seattle - 3-5)

11. New York Giants (via Chicago - 3-5)

6-11 are almost a palindrome.

cant believe all these draft selections. does anyone watch the games? are defense is atrocious. unless there is a Chase or Pitts type guy we can get there is no way were going offense in the 1st rd. maybe even the 2nd. 

we got no LBs past Moseley. dont know what Jarred Davis is, he only played one game. after that there is no depth.

no edge rusher, and we dont know who Lawson will be. 

there is no way we can ignore the defense again till the 3 or 4th rd.

Ok let’s say it stays like this in beginning of 1st round. Lot of teams desperate for a QB

1. Detroit (0-8)  QB Willis - Liberty

2. Houston (1-7) QB Corral - Ole Miss

3. Philadelphia (via Miami - 1-7)  DE Thibedoux - Oregan

4. Jacksonville (1-6) RT Neal -Bama

5. Washington (2-6) CB Stingley - LSU

6. New York Jets (2-5) Drum Roll …………...…....C Linderbaum - Iowa 

Thats right. Linderbaum. You take him with our first #1 because he’ll be gone by the time we get to Seahawks pick @ 10 or 12 take best player available Edge/CB/G/LB - Hutchinson/Karalaftis/Elam/Green/
Booth/Harris. 
I don’t hesitate and take Linderbaum at 6. Too high? Probably, but the next best Center would be Patterson in Round 3. You just can’t take the chance to miss out on this guy. 

• Sympathy 1