All this talk of patience……How’s Indy w/Ballard?

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Exactly.  Ballard is great IMO.  Luck ruined his plan.  Had a team built to win and has made some swings with vet QB's that ultimately screwed him.  Rivers good enough to be decent but not win anything big.  Wentz had a history with Reich.  They haven't had the draft position to get a top QB.  And ironically due to the Wentz trade they gave up their high first round pick this year, not like there's any good QB's coming out anyway in 2022.

It just goes to show that without a top QB you are treading water no matter how strong the rest of the team is.  

Yup.  Luck left the Colts with a roster good enough to win 10 games but not bad enough to be in line for high end QB in the draft.

As for their 2022 draft pick to the Eagles...it's only a 1st rounder if Wentz plays 75% of the snaps.

If this losing keeps up...I would expect Wentz to hit the IR at some point with some kind of "injury" (wink, wink).

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Colts are coming off an 11-5 season and have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years.

What does any of this have to do with the Jets and their decade long playoff drought? (and I say this as someone who is willing to be patient.)

The Zach-lovers need something to talk about because it sure ain’t the jets

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Geno will be starting at least 3 games in Seattle. I hope the Genoids re-emerge. Will add some entertainment to yet another lost season for the Jets.

Until the 2021 Jets start to actually compete on a regular basis, the most fun topics will be about the former Jets that are sucking.  It's all we've got.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Until the 2021 Jets start to actually compete on a regular basis, the most fun topics will be about the former Jets that are sucking.  It's all we've got.

Geno is a man child and will be highly motivated to directly get revenge on the Jets by devaluing our draft position. I'm very excited to see him play lol.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

And it has worked greatly for us in so many years.

So....what's the alternative?  Hire another Mike Maccagnan who only makes "safe" picks?  How'd THAT work out?

Our last playoff appearances were built by a GM (Tannenbaum) who took big swings in the draft.  He wasn't a good GM but we haven't had any good drafts since his 2006 and '07 classes.  He took a chance on Favre, who at least gave us 11 fun weeks of football, and then took a shot on Sanchez, who ended up sucking, but at least he took a chance and we still managed to get to the playoffs in spite of him.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

More NFL teams need to operate like NBA teams.  No one likes tanking but it can be effective, and the rules are set up to reward it.  

Exactly I've always said this....

And there's no lottery like the NBA....If you stink bad enough you will secure the #1 pick....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Exactly I've always said this....

And there's no lottery like the NBA....If you stink bad enough you will secure the #1 pick....

* Unless you’re the Jets who fail at failing and always win meaningless games late in the season to destroy our draft slot. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Unless you’re the Jets who fail at failing and always win meaningless games late in the season to destroy our draft slot. 

Please don't remind me ?

Out of all the idiotic things this franchise has done, beating the Rams and Browns last year really made me all jokes aside question my fandom moving forward 

• Haha 1