14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re gonna have to have a conversation about keeping Fant at OLT when Becton comes back.

I would agree but Saleh was adament today that Jarred Davis is getting his starting spot back no matter how good quincy williams is playing.  I am going to assume he is going to do the same with Becton.

• Upvote 2

I didn’t like what they gave up for AVT, but you can’t expect any more than what he has given the team thus far. OTOH, the Jets were heavily depending on Wilson, Moore and Mosley coming into the season and their grades were atrocious.

One of the interesting things about PFFs analysis this year that doesn't quite match what i'm seeing, is the CJ Mosley hate.   He's currently ranked at 35.7 on the year which makes him one of the worst rated LBs in the entire league.

Yet he makes tackles every week.  Which leads me to believe he is being badly beaten on a lot of plays that we don't see off screen.  Maybe he's getting beat in pass coverage.

Yeah Moses stood out as the worst of them but I do think GVR and McGovern have been given a pretty kind grade there - Seen them struggle on quite a few plays. I think that all running drive bumped them up quite significantly.

If Elijah Moore is having this amazing off the ball movement that Zach is missing then it seems PFF are missing it too.

The defensive tackles were atrocious. Ths difference from week to week is unacceptable. Quinnen needs to bring some consistency to his game or I’d consider passing on an extension. Rankins is too similar in that respect - Feast or famine. Probably the worst grade I’ve ever seen for Fatukasi in run defence.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Hael said:

One of the interesting things about PFFs analysis this year that doesn't quite match what i'm seeing, is the CJ Mosley hate.   He's currently ranked at 35.7 on the year which makes him one of the worst rated LBs in the entire league.

Yet he makes tackles every week.  Which leads me to believe he is being badly beaten on a lot of plays that we don't see off screen.  Maybe he's getting beat in pass coverage.

It’s his run defence grade they’re killing.

I don’t really see it either. They had Sherwood nearly doubling his score last week when Mosley was getting to the ball carrier and Sherwood was just sitting on blocks. 

Maybe he’s not being aggressive enough, I know he is very reactive and seems to wait for the ball carrier a little rather than attack. It does seem ridiculously harsh.

33 minutes ago, Hael said:

The Falcons killed us over the middle with their tight end and they ran for over 100 yards. Last week the Titans ran for almost over 175 yards. The LB situation isn’t great.

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

AVT with another good week, hope he can keep it up!

JFM, good to see him continue to play well

Quincy Williams, I like that the PFF grades back up the play we saw from him on the field this week

Discuss

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.04.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.04.21 PM.png

I don't ever look at PFF except for what's posted on here. what do the scores look like for good teams by comparison? 

3 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

I don't ever look at PFF except for what's posted on here. what do the scores look like for good teams by comparison? 

Here’s a rough range of their grading scale.

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re gonna have to have a conversation about keeping Fant at OLT when Becton comes back.

You should start a thread on this before someone else does.

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah Moses stood out as the worst of them but I do think GVR and McGovern have been given a pretty kind grade there - Seen them struggle on quite a few plays. I think that all running drive bumped them up quite significantly.

If Elijah Moore is having this amazing off the ball movement that Zach is missing then it seems PFF are missing it too.

The defensive tackles were atrocious. Ths difference from week to week is unacceptable. Quinnen needs to bring some consistency to his game or I’d consider passing on an extension. Rankins is too similar in that respect - Feast or famine. Probably the worst grade I’ve ever seen for Fatukasi in run defence.

McGovern’s grade has steadily increased this year. His full season grade is now 75.7 which is solid. That doesn’t pass the smell test. The OL has definitely gotten better but...

Im curious to see someone break down some all-22 film and provide some commentary on the OL play.

Im also curious to see what they do with Becton when he gets back. We should try either Becton or Moses at RG before the season ends. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

McGovern’s grade has steadily increased this year. His full season grade is now 75.7 which is solid. That doesn’t pass the smell test. The OL has definitely gotten better but...

Im curious to see someone break down some all-22 film and provide some commentary on the OL play.

Im also curious to see what they do with Becton when he gets back. We should try either Becton or Moses at RG before the season ends. 

That's my reaction to PFF scores. They use the tenths place but they don't know what they are scoring.  Someone comes up the middle as a free runner and they don't know if it's the RB or OLine.  Only the team knows that, so I think they don't ding anyone, when someone deserves a huge deduction.