Jump to content

Who is Zachs Hopkins or Diggs


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mims 

Do you need to have a shtick in order to function? 

This may not be popular, but the Jets have good WRs. Wilson is missing open guys right now.   Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore are not a bad top 4. Guys have been open . . .  hoping the game

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Weapons obviously help but they don't turn a terrible QB into a FQB. Wilson either has it within him or he does not. Joe Walsh said it takes 1.5 seasons worth of starts to know with confidence. 

I like 2 full seasons. I think every player deserves a second training camp and a second offseason to figure stuff out. But by the end of season 2, you have to be showing serious progress or it very likely isn't happening. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

I like 2 full seasons. I think every player deserves a second training camp and a second offseason to figure stuff out. But by the end of season 2, you have to be showing serious progress or it very likely isn't happening. 

1.5 seasons gives a player that second training camp and offseason.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea who you are, why you showed up here last week, or why you are trolling as Zach Wilson's Biggest Fan, but the kid is nothing more than Sam Darnold with a better set of wide receivers.  His accuracy is awful.  He opens the game cold as ice.  He is an interception machine.  He compiles stats late in games when down by multiple scores and the D is playing prevent while thinking of what they're getting for dinner on the flight home.

Until proven wrong, he's a bust just like 50% of the first round quarterbacks going back to the 1980's.  There is nothing to see here but an arrogant, risky hero baller putting up 50/50 balls.  Could change.  I doubt it.

SAR I

Well damn, that escalated quickly. He really does look that bad honestly, crying shame. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

sadly it looks like it will be a very weak wr class in this years draft

We will yet again have a ton of cap space. Some of these many holes will need to be addressed in FA or trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

1.5 seasons gives a player that second training camp and offseason.

True, I just like to give a guy that full second season since you aren't replacing him until the end of the season anyway. 

I think I knew in my heart that Sam would not be the guy here after the Ghosts game, but I didn't fully jump ship until the week 1 opener in Buffalo, in year 3. So, somewhere in between there is probably right on the money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

True, I just like to give a guy that full second season since you aren't replacing him until the end of the season anyway. 

I think I knew in my heart that Sam would not be the guy here after the Ghosts game, but I didn't fully jump ship until the week 1 opener in Buffalo, in year 3. So, somewhere in between there is probably right on the money. 

Yeah, Walsh said 1.5 but he was the greatest QB guru of all time. Probably takes mere mortals 2 seasons :) 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Weapons obviously help but they don't turn a terrible QB into a FQB. Wilson either has it within him or he does not. Joe Walsh said it takes 1.5 seasons worth of starts to know with confidence. 

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a great guitarist, but I hardly think he should be setting the standard when it comes to qb evaluation 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Biggs said:

Does SF have a great WR they would trade?   We need one that understands the Shanahan offense and can run all the routes out of the playbook Lefleur stole on his way to NJ.  

Deebo in 2023.   He will be to Zach in year 3 what Diggs was to Allen in year 3.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a great guitarist, but I hardly think he should be setting the standard when it comes to qb evaluation 

lol good catch wrong Walsh but both legends!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SAR I said:

You're asking the wrong question.

You need to ask why it matters seeing that Zach can't hit the side of a barn from 10 feet away.

Zach's WR's making spectacular adjustments on his 50/50 balls are the only reason he has any TD's at all.

SAR I

I can’t wait to see you in the gallows!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This may not be popular, but the Jets have good WRs. Wilson is missing open guys right now.

 

Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore are not a bad top 4. Guys have been open . . . 

hoping the game will slow down for Zach sooner than latet

No we do not.  I totally do not dispute he is missing open guys.

I totally dispute we have good receivers, they drop WAY too many passes as in an unacceptable number.

He 'hits' on 3 or 4 passes a game that are flat out dropped.  He makes another 3 or 4 not great passes but in which good wrs would bail him out by making great catches.

Our receiving crew as a group may be the most disappointing part of this team so far.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost choked from laughing so hard.  To even mention Hopkins and Diggs in the same breath as any of our scrubs is ludicrous.  Hopkins is the NFL's best clutch receiver and Diggs is not far behind.  Instead of Diggs we have dicks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True, I just like to give a guy that full second season since you aren't replacing him until the end of the season anyway. 

I think I knew in my heart that Sam would not be the guy here after the Ghosts game, but I didn't fully jump ship until the week 1 opener in Buffalo, in year 3. So, somewhere in between there is probably right on the money. 

Same here, but the difference for me is that, unlike Sam, Zach has a legitimate head coach, a legitimate offensive coordinator, a tried-and-true explosive playbook, a very good set of young WR's, and a far easier first year schedule.

Zach is a bust.  It's not too soon to call it.  He's Josh Rosen and his ceiling is Baker Mayfield.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No we do not.  I totally do not dispute he is missing open guys.

I totally dispute we have good receivers, they drop WAY too many passes as in an unacceptable number.

He 'hits' on 3 or 4 passes a game that are flat out dropped.  He makes another 3 or 4 not great passes but in which good wrs would bail him out by making great catches.

Our receiving crew as a group may be the most disappointing part of this team so far.

They have dropped too many passes, but I think it has come out to something like 2.5 per game. It's too many, but it's not the biggest problem with the offense right now.

The biggest problems with the offense right now are: 1) the mediocre running game (with zero explosive plays) and 2) Wilson isn't playing well. He's missing open WRs, he's missing simple passes, and he's throwing a lot of bad interceptions. 

It's not the end of the world, he's 5 games into his career. He has plenty of time to get going, but he hasn't been good. 

The bottom line: The QB not being good is always a bigger deal than 2.5 drops per game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Same here, but the difference for me is that, unlike Sam, Zach has a legitimate head coach, a legitimate offensive coordinator, a tried-and-true explosive playbook, a very good set of young WR's, and a far easier first year schedule.

Zach is a bust.  It's not too soon to call it.  He's Josh Rosen and his ceiling is Baker Mayfield.

SAR I

I hope you are wrong. I personally think it's waaaay too early for this post, but history says you are likely correct. 

Time will tell if you are. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No we do not.  I totally do not dispute he is missing open guys.

I totally dispute we have good receivers, they drop WAY too many passes as in an unacceptable number.

He 'hits' on 3 or 4 passes a game that are flat out dropped.  He makes another 3 or 4 not great passes but in which good wrs would bail him out by making great catches.

Our receiving crew as a group may be the most disappointing part of this team so far.

Agreed. They have mostly been below average. Guys falling down, dropping big 3rd down throws, running the wrong routes and pathetic Tight Ends.  Not absolving Wilson, but if you are being honest, this group has been a major disappointment.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Larz said:

He needs a shortstop that can handle the in between hop lol

LOL.  Zach is Gary Sanchez.  Home runs or endless strikeouts, nothing in between.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right.  The WR's are the best part of our offense right now.

I can count on one hand the number of throws that Zach Wilson has placed well.  The rest?  Too high, too low, too wide, and the only thing making him look good are those rare instances where our WR's make incredible plays with their terrific adjustments and acrobatics.

SAR I

I've counted like 10 plays this year when they acrobatically dropped balls that hit them in the hands. 

I mean, Zach is a turd, but at least be a little more accurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea who you are, why you showed up here last week, or why you are trolling as Zach Wilson's Biggest Fan, but the kid is nothing more than Sam Darnold with a better set of wide receivers.  His accuracy is awful.  He opens the game cold as ice.  He is an interception machine.  He compiles stats late in games when down by multiple scores and the D is playing prevent while thinking of what they're getting for dinner on the flight home.

Until proven wrong, he's a bust just like 50% of the first round quarterbacks going back to the 1980's.  There is nothing to see here but an arrogant, risky hero baller putting up 50/50 balls.  Could change.  I doubt it.

SAR I

Betting on a new Jets QB to fail? 

Brave. 

Do you play the lottery by picking numbers and celebrating when they don't hit?  

It's been 5 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This may not be popular, but the Jets have good WRs. Wilson is missing open guys right now.

 

Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore are not a bad top 4. Guys have been open . . . 

hoping the game will slow down for Zach sooner than later 

Yes it is.

Davis can't catch, Moore can't get open, Cole is a JAG and Crowder has been out.  Crowder is still the best WR on this team and he's good - no question.

Right now ZW has one reliable WR, no TE and not a good pass catching RB.  Tough sledding for a young rookie QB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

13 drops in 5 games is 2.5 drops per game.  Hardly a problem in a league where QB's routinely make 40 throws per game.

You notice the drops because its so rare that Zach throws a catchable ball.

SAR I

Zach has a completion percentage (cmp%) of 57.3, but his expected xcmp% is 64.6. His xcmp%  is 18th best just below Wentz and RWilson at 64.7%.

Joe Burrow has a cmp% of 71.7 but a xcmp% of 66.4. 

You put Chase, Higgins and Boyd on this team with Zach and his cmp% would be around 70%

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I almost choked from laughing so hard.  To even mention Hopkins and Diggs in the same breath as any of our scrubs is ludicrous.  Hopkins is the NFL's best clutch receiver and Diggs is not far behind.  Instead of Diggs we have dicks.

We’re the Jets.  We never try to get good WRs or TEs

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes it is.

Davis can't catch, Moore can't get open, Cole is a JAG and Crowder has been out.  Crowder is still the best WR on this team and he's good - no question.

Right now ZW has one reliable WR, no TE and not a good pass catching RB.  Tough sledding for a young rookie QB.

 

This summer Elijah Moore was getting so hyped up.  And now he’s maybe the 4th best slot receiver on the Jets roster

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

This summer Elijah Moore was getting so hyped up.  And now he’s maybe the 4th best slot receiver on the Jets roster

It's why we can't rely on tweets from NY Post reporters to give us insight into a players performance in camp.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It's why we can't rely on tweets from NY Post reporters to give us insight into a players performance in camp.

Never again will I ever listen to anyone comment on TC practices in July

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy.....

 

Quote

 

Davante Adams, WR, Packers

The Packers have refused to make Adams the NFL's highest-paid wide receiver ahead of DeAndre Hopkins, who signed a two-year extension last preseason averaging $27.25 million per year. Adams can make a good case he should be the highest paid because of his consistency over the last three seasons (2018-20). He ranks third in the NFL with 309 receptions, fourth in receiving yards (3,757) and his 36 touchdown catches are the most in the league during this span. The Packers don't have a great history in giving wide receivers a third contract.

Adams is a prime candidate for a franchise tag next offseason absent a new deal despite a challenging salary cap situation for 2022. His nonexclusive franchise tag will be $20.12 million because it will be based off a 120% increase of his 2021 salary, which is essentially his cap number for these purposes. Green Bay's $243.535 million in 2022 cap commitments are second-most in the NFL, according to NFLPA data. Thirty-nine players are under contract while the top 51 salaries (i.e.; cap numbers) matter with offseason salary cap accounting rules.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-davante-adams-tyrann-mathieu-chandler-jones-headline-2021-contract-year-players-to-watch/

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right.  The WR's are the best part of our offense right now.

I can count on one hand the number of throws that Zach Wilson has placed well.  The rest?  Too high, too low, too wide, and the only thing making him look good are those rare instances where our WR's make incredible plays with their terrific adjustments and acrobatics.

SAR I

 

One thing I hear a lot is how terrible Allen was as a rookie. It's true he was wildly inconsistent, but worth pointing out that his WRs room consisted of Say Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster and Deonte Thompson. 

Only Jones is still in the league.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...