Bring in Doug Pederson

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Or...

We can let this play out and let the coaching staff grow and learn together. You don't plant a tree and expect to see apples in 5 weeks. Coach Saleh and LaFleur can't catch the balls that Zach Wilson throws at his receivers feet. I have no idea if Coach Saleh will grow as a coach, but you don't get there by hiring a new assistant coach after 5 weeks. This board has been clamoring for a young head coach who isn't a retread, and we now have one. A rookie HC with a young QB and a young team is going to have growing pains. When the season is over, we can revisit bringing guys in, or letting guys go. 

christmas tree smoking GIF by AMP International

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I didn’t mean to overtake Saleh. Jesus. Offensive guru title. 

Oh… then I’m out.

The entire premise is dumb. This CS is here 5 games and you’re suggesting a new OC already? Add to that, why would Pederson take a job here unless it was as HC?

I’m sorry man, but I expect more from you then the two threads you started today. You’re someone I consider an inside source we can rely on. Not stuff like this.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Oh… then I’m out.

The entire premise is dumb. This CS is here 5 games and you’re suggesting a new OC already? Add to that, why would Pederson take a job here unless it was as HC?

I’m sorry man, but I expect more from you then the two threads you started today. You’re someone I consider an inside source we can rely on. Not stuff like this.

Oh no. Don’t take my badge away.  Everything will be okay. We’re having fun here. 

And we have no idea what Pederson wants. He might be more comfortable just being an OC. Plenty have gone that route. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Passes at the feet of receivers is not LaFleur's fault. I can totally pin that all on Zach. 

The article for JN was great.  

Zach is 4th in the NFL accuracy (89% adjusted for drops) in 2.5 seconds or less.  Maybe an OC could work with that to put something together? 

Maybe not lead the NFL by running 70% 1st down runs in the first quarter doesn't allow the D to pin their ears back on 3rd.  

I can totally pin that on the OC.

Plenty of blame to go around but they are working on it.  The OC and Zach are both part of the problem but can also both be part of the solution soon.  

Zach is 4th in the NFL accuracy (89% adjusted for drops) in 2.5 seconds or less.  Maybe an OC could work with that to put something together? 
Maybe not lead the NFL by running 70% 1st down runs in the first quarter doesn't allow the D to pin their ears back on 3rd.  
Plenty of blame to go around but they are working on it.  The OC and Zach are both part of the problem but can also both be part of the solution soon.  
Cept the running game was the only working thing sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

LaFleur needs to stop designing plays that call for Zach Wilson to throw at the receiver's feet. He also needs to stop designing plays where Zach Wilson throws it at the back of Morgan Moses. I can see how you wouldn't like LaFleur's play calling. He also needs to stop designing plays where Zach Wilson throws behind the receiver on a crossing pattern.

Your adjusted for drops accuracy is as valuable a stat as field goals that would have been good if they weren't missed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hire Gary Kubiak in some bs advisory role for like 2.5mil for the rest of the year. Let him come in and help Lafleur develop the QB and improve an an OC. Pretty sure he’s from the Shannahan tree and it makes a lot of sense 

59 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

LaFleur needs to stop designing plays that call for Zach Wilson to throw at the receiver's feet. He also needs to stop designing plays where Zach Wilson throws it at the back of Morgan Moses. I can see how you wouldn't like LaFleur's play calling. He also needs to stop designing plays where Zach Wilson throws behind the receiver on a crossing pattern.

Your adjusted for drops accuracy is as valuable a stat as field goals that would have been good if they weren't missed. 

Might be useful to get guys out of the phone booth six yards down field on 1st down. Then you have an 89% chance of making your complaint meaningless.  If he wants to throw at their feet 11% of the time it's still 4th best in the NFL.  

26 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Might be useful to get guys out of the phone booth six yards down field on 1st down. Then you have an 89% chance of making your complaint meaningless.  If he wants to throw at their feet 11% of the time it's still 4th best in the NFL.  

This phonebooth offense myth is based on a play where someone ran the wrong route. When Zach completes high percentage throws, I will start to look at things like the OC. 

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Hire Gary Kubiak in some bs advisory role for like 2.5mil for the rest of the year. Let him come in and help Lafleur develop the QB and improve an an OC. Pretty sure he’s from the Shannahan tree and it makes a lot of sense 

This does not make a lot of sense. The Jets have played five games.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This does not make a lot of sense. The Jets have played five games.

And have you had your tv turned on for those 5 games? Bringing in a veteran coach to a staff with a struggling rookie QB and OC makes sense 

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

How about the wunderkind Zack for once checks out of a play called by LaFleur?  Maybe call a quick slant?

He does it all the time.  But you dont check out of plays into slants just because it sounds good.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SR24 said:

And have you had your tv turned on for those 5 games? Bringing in a veteran coach to a staff with a struggling rookie QB and OC makes sense 

Because?  What are you so sure a veteran coach will bring?  Its all so simple, just bring in a vet.  Like Shanny?  Paul Hackett was good, maybe a Norv Turner?

12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Our rookie OC doesn't want to use Moore in the slot or use Mims at all. He's not designing an offense to fit the strengths and weaknesses of the players he has. He's another GeNiUs forcing squares into round holes. 

Is this all LaFleur's decision? Did Saleh tell him to play Mims / use Moore differently and he said no? Or is it a team decision that all coaches are on board with?

There really seems to be a concerted effort on the board to find the one single component that is to blame so we can scapegoat / vilify. Then when we fire him and bring in a better guy it'll all work fine ... right? :D 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I think it would hurt to bring in another assistant head coach after 5 weeks. The game tapes are showing that Zach Wilson is throwing the ball at the receivers feet, or behind them. That is not a play calling issue. 

that may be.  isn't cavanaugh supposed to be qb coach?  but maybe a sage oc might help lafleur to get the team out of the gate faster.  and maybe the guy can also help lafleur understand how other teams will try to stop the jets offense.  i'm not 100% behind this but the break gives them a good chance to put another set of eyes on things.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Well the good thing about Schotty's system is all the WRs run to the same spot so Zach doesn't have to think too much!

I see lots of similarities - everyone in the same part of the field, usually 5 yards short of the first down. :D  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because?  What are you so sure a veteran coach will bring?  Its all so simple, just bring in a vet.  Like Shanny?  Paul Hackett was good, maybe a Norv Turner?

I would think that a coach with 4 Super Bowls like Gary Kubiak will be able to come in here and help our rookie QB and OC improve. It’s funny how the team loses Greg Knapp and everyone talks about what a devastating loss it was because he’s a veteran coach yet you bring up an idea of bringing in another veteran and now we’re questioning what experienced coaching can do? Lol what?

22 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I would think that a coach with 4 Super Bowls like Gary Kubiak will be able to come in here and help our rookie QB and OC improve. It’s funny how the team loses Greg Knapp and everyone talks about what a devastating loss it was because he’s a veteran coach yet you bring up an idea of bringing in another veteran and now we’re questioning what experienced coaching can do? Lol what?

Because a teacher/mentor and an OC are two different things