Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or... We can let this play out and let the coaching staff grow and learn together. You don't plant a tree and expect to see apples in 5 weeks. Coach Saleh and LaFleur can't catch the balls that Z

Can we fire him after Wilson throws his first INT? I generally like to fire coordinators earlier than this 5 week time table you foolishly patient Jets fans gave Lafleur. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because a teacher/mentor and an OC are two different things

I’m not saying to bring him in as an OC I said to put him in some bs advisory role like the Jags did with Coughlin. Let him come in and help Lafleur grow as an OC whole also helping him simplify the offense for his rookie QB is what I’m saying 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’m not saying to bring him in as an OC I said to put him in some bs advisory role like the Jags did with Coughlin. Let him come in and help Lafleur grow as an OC whole also helping him simplify the offense for his rookie QB is what I’m saying 

This! And as I've said in previous threads losing Knapp was huge! That was his role here to mentor the OC and the QB. Obviously the loss of his life is way more important than football, but I really believe that him not being here is why our offense is holy swiss cheese Batman.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JiFapono said:

What if the titles he chooses is Baby smacking and Dog kicking coordinator? 

Well now there's an idea! in fact that's right up my alley and I'll do it for free! 

Listen up men! We've had a good week of practice, and you lifted lots of weights! You know what's on the line and you know what you got to do! Now dammit let's go do it!

If you need me I'll be on the sidelines smacking babies and kicking dogs!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’m not saying to bring him in as an OC I said to put him in some bs advisory role like the Jags did with Coughlin. Let him come in and help Lafleur grow as an OC whole also helping him simplify the offense for his rookie QB is what I’m saying 

The jags brought Coughin in as President of Football operations though, he wasn’t in some bs advisory role though

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Get him on the phone before Raiders do. Give him whatever title he wants. Forgot he was still available.
Get it done JD. 

In what capacity? QB coach? OC? Assistant OC? I think Mike LeFleur was a mistake due to his lack of experience but does Salah fire him so soon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’m not saying to bring him in as an OC I said to put him in some bs advisory role like the Jags did with Coughlin. Let him come in and help Lafleur grow as an OC whole also helping him simplify the offense for his rookie QB is what I’m saying 

Why would Pedersen take that? He'll easily get a HC job next season. Doesn't need to rebuild his CV by taking an ambiguous job with one of the worst teams in the league.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Why would Pedersen take that? He'll easily get a HC job next season. Doesn't need to rebuild his CV by taking an ambiguous job with one of the worst teams in the league.

I’m talking about hiring Gary Kubiak not Pederson 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Get him on the phone before Raiders do. Give him whatever title he wants. Forgot he was still available.
Get it done JD. 

I mean he’s only like 8 hears older than Brady, so I’m sure he could still play. Agree he’d be an upgrade over Zach, and would deff benefit from LaFluer’s schemes.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The jags brought Coughin in as President of Football operations though, he wasn’t in some bs advisory role though

Right but are we gonna act like those roles just don’t exist? Bringing in a guy like that would make a lot of sense given how young the important pieces of the staff is 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Right but are we gonna act like those roles just don’t exist? Bringing in a guy like that would make a lot of sense given how young the important pieces of the staff is 

I hear you except that two of the three coaches on offense arent young.  Just one is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’m talking about hiring Gary Kubiak not Pederson 

Ah I see. Well Kubiak has retired twice from actual HC jobs for health reasons... same point why would he accept such a position?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgb said:

Ah I see. Well Kubiak has retired twice from actual HC jobs for health reasons... same point why would he accept such a position?

He probably wouldn’t which is why I said we’d have to throw some serious $$ at him but I’d at least make the call. Idt it would hurt to bring in an experienced coach to oversee and guide the young roster/staff 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They’d never do it, but they could replace LaFleur with Wilson’s OC from BYU (who is currently Baylor’s highly successful OC). Mike Grimes has been a college lifer, but he’s been part of a ton of great offenses. He’s 53, so he might be looking to make the jump before he washes out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He probably wouldn’t which is why I said we’d have to throw some serious $$ at him but I’d at least make the call. Idt it would hurt to bring in an experienced coach to oversee and guide the young roster/staff 

Respect the outside the box thinking but JD would never make the call and Kubiak would never accept IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jgb said:

Respect the outside the box thinking but JD would never make the call and Kubiak would never accept IMHO.

I agree with ya brotha but damn it it would be cool if it happened lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’d never do it, but they could replace LaFleur with Wilson’s OC from BYU (who is currently Baylor’s highly successful OC). Mike Grimes has been a college lifer, but he’s been part of a ton of great offenses. He’s 53, so he might be looking to make the jump before he washes out.

I like that this is an actual solution. Don’t know if it’s a good idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...