• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear Seattle could use an upgrade at SS.

They should work in a couple of games where they just endlessly blitz Maye on nearly every play, then they can demand 2 1st rounders in return for him.

The only reason anyone even knows OJ Howard is because of the hype surrounding him in the 2017 draft he's done nothing in the league and is currently 3rd string on Tampa.  If Tampa and Brady can't get

isnt Howard a blocking TE> dont we have enough of those?

the answer MIGHT be Yeboah, the one guy who can catch but not block but they call him up and he doesnt play a snap

24 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Maye is infinitely better than OJ Howard. A straight up trade would be a terrible idea

Thank you!

Why do people think OJ Howard is that good? Go see what Bucs fans think of OJ Howard. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Count on JD to trade away any actual veteran players because the rookie experiment is clearly going glowingly for us 

After Maye, who’s the next vet he looks to ship out?

(QW better not take out a mortgage anytime soon. If my timeline is correct, he’s the next Macc guy in line.)

EDIT forgot about Mosely. Wonder who goes first?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, Green Ghost said:

After Maye, who’s the next guy he ships out?

(QW better not take out a mortgage anytime soon. If my timeline is correct, he’s the next Macc guy in line.)

QW is talented, getting better, and a solid team player. JD is seeing early 2nd rounder potential!! lol

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, slats said:

Maye’s not on the team next year. If JD thinks that what he can get for him before the deadline is better than the potential comp pick, he’ll pull the trigger. I’m thinking Maye’s trade value isn’t so great today, though. 

i dont think he has any trade value at all.

his contract is done. so another team would either have to sign him before may 1st or franchise him again. i could be wrong but i believe the 2nd franchise tag is a lot more money than the 1st. and there only allow to do that twice to a player.

we could do a sign and trade. i don't think i ever seen that in football. even so hes going to want big money.

only thing i could see is a desperate SB contending team who thinks hes the last piece but even then i dont think they give us much

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Count on JD to trade away any actual veteran players because the rookie experiment is clearly going glowingly for us 

Why would they keep Maye?

do you want to sign him next year? LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Why would they keep Maye?

do you want to sign him next year? LOL

signing Maye to a long term contract would be a bad idea? Maye is better than most options that would come out on Free Agency?

I personally think it would be better to keep Maye and keep trying short yardage passes to the tight ends we have, including the Yeboah experiment. 

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

signing Maye to a long term contract would be a bad idea? Maye is better than most options that would come out on Free Agency?

I personally think it would be better to keep Maye and keep trying short yardage passes to the tight ends we have, including the Yeboah experiment. 

Maye is injured all the time

cant give a player like that guaranteed dollars

• Upvote 2

I'm confused.  Maye is this valuable commodity right?  Why are we rushing him out the door?  If the drinking and driving is the reason, why does he have trade value?

Honestly no clue what they’d get for Maye after the Herndon trade - Jets have consistently been getting more than I’d expect. They have so many picks this year I wonder if they’d kick it out a year to get a higher selection.

Wherher or not they expect to be earning compensatory picks for this offseason should be a factor too.

Maye Doesn’t want be here . Still bitter how fans treated him when Jamal was here and JD doesn't value Safety's wont pay him.  Also Ashtyn Davis was always picked to replace Maye.

this trade will happen eventually. Writing has been on the wall for a while.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Maye for a 4th rounder is about right.

Agreed and I have no idea why you're getting down voted for suggesting it.  Maye isn't exactly the "missing piece" for a contender, as @#27TheDominator pointed out in a past thread.  A 3rd rounder would be highly optimistic for a SS on a 1-year rental.  Especially when you also factor in his current legal issues.

I'd be happy with a 5th.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

They wouldn't need to replace Maye in free agency.  We just used 2 draft picks on Safeties in the 2021 class, plus still have Ashtyn Davis, plus have a ton of picks in the 2022 draft, with which we can use another late pick or 2 on additional safet(ies), as needed.

This is a system that doesn't require much investment in the secondary.  Re-signing Maye, who turns 29 in March, to an expensive deal makes no sense.  

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, hawk said:

I'm confused.  Maye is this valuable commodity right?  Why are we rushing him out the door?  If the drinking and driving is the reason, why does he have trade value?

Because he's not going to be a Jet in 2022 and we can't really count on getting a comp pick for him.

The pick(s) we'd get for him have more value to us than he provides the remainder of this season.

• Upvote 2